• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Looked good in his first game of his pre season.
I don't know where he fits in though.
I really hope we don't end up playing 3 at the back regularly. I hate watching it.

Woeful first half. Much more impressive second. Him and Gil were our most promising players. Sessegnon should have scored from Gil's pass to him in the 2nd minute. He was caught cold. Second half he seemed much more up to speed, able to take players on and find his passes.

This, I was really disappointed with his 1st half, especially as you said if he was alert, he should have taken the chance for Gil very early.

He did improve, 2nd half was better.

Will never get 50 games for us. Looks like a lost case every time he plays.
'He's got no confidence' gets said repeatedly.
Yeah, but confidence isn't something that gets handed to you. You have to grasp it yourself by fudging having some belief. He looks scared brickless every time he's played for us. He should be one of the best players on the pitch in games like today, but sadly he's far from that. Thought he'd toughened up a bit in Germany, but he looks exactly the same as before he went on loan.

Yeah, but confidence isn't something that gets handed to you. You have to grasp it yourself by fudging having some belief. He looks scared brickless every time he's played for us. He should be one of the best players on the pitch in games like today, but sadly he's far from that. Thought he'd toughened up a bit in Germany, but he looks exactly the same as before he went on loan.
Think that's a bit harsh.

Thought he grew into the game in the second half in particular. Started taking players on, showed some determination and drive.

Difficult game to shine in for him. Opposition that was well drilled and hard working, not a ton of space to exploit and our passing wasn't quick or accurate enough to set him up in good positions to use his abilities.

Did fine defensively, but up against a team that isn't all that.

Perhaps he deserves more than those minutes of competitive football in a thrown together team after returning from loan before we make our conclusions?

I thought he was OK last night given it’s his first game back, looked to drive forward and run at people.

be interesting to see what we do with him as I’m not sure we need him and Davies.

At the moment I am with the sell him crowd especially as he is still young.

So much was expected of him. I am ok with monitoring him for another 6 months to January or loan him to a Championship club.

At the moment I am with the sell him crowd especially as he is still young.

So much was expected of him. I am ok with monitoring him for another 6 months to January or loan him to a Championship club.
He is still young for sure.

Half a year older than Skipp or thereabouts. Around the same age as Kane was when he absolutely exploded onto the scene after being seen by many as one that didn't make it.

Selling him now (probably at a loss), could be a massive mistake if he ends up fulfilling his potential.

He was good enough for Hoffenheim last season. Mid table Bundesliga club. Can't imagine him not being good enough for at least a PL move if we want him loaned out.

We loaned him out for him to get games at a high level. He got that. Now to see if he can produce here or not.

He is still young for sure.

Half a year older than Skipp or thereabouts. Around the same age as Kane was when he absolutely exploded onto the scene after being seen by many as one that didn't make it.

Selling him now (probably at a loss), could be a massive mistake if he ends up fulfilling his potential.

He was good enough for Hoffenheim last season. Mid table Bundesliga club. Can't imagine him not being good enough for at least a PL move if we want him loaned out.

We loaned him out for him to get games at a high level. He got that. Now to see if he can produce here or not.
Problem is, he was good for Fulham for two seasons. He came to us and looked lost, went on loan, did OK, and is now back, and looks lost again. Early days, but it doesn't look good. Hoping he'll be a star, but his confidence looks so fragile .

Problem is, he was good for Fulham for two seasons. He came to us and looked lost, went on loan, did OK, and is now back, and looks lost again. Early days, but it doesn't look good. Hoping he'll be a star, but his confidence looks so fragile .

I don't think that you can judge him returning from the loan after one game in a scratch side. Hopefully, he gets another chance next Thursday but in a stronger side.

To the extent he looked lost he looked lost in a team that looked lost as a unit, for understandable reasons.

Let's give him 5-10 games in what will hopefully be an ever more functional team and see what he can do.

If it's a choice between Davies and Sessegnon it's Sessegnon all day. He still is young and can come good whereas Davies has peaked and seems to be in decline.
It's also more of a like for like swap with Serge at LB/LWB.

If it's a choice between Davies and Sessegnon it's Sessegnon all day. He still is young and can come good whereas Davies has peaked and seems to be in decline.
It's also more of a like for like swap with Serge at LB/LWB.

well, they were both in the game yesterday, Davies certainly was the worst of the two.

I am worried that Sess still has that "deer in headlights" look when he plays for us.

Don't agree.

well, they were both in the game yesterday, Davies certainly was the worst of the two.

I am worried that Sess still has that "deer in headlights" look when he plays for us.
That's the one thing (and with the way Sess 'was', pre loan, the most important thing) I thought he didn't look like last night. He looked involved and actively looked to get involved, thats an improvement from him. Both sides of the ball he done well.

Jesus our fans sometimes:oops:, the kid is only 21 and just over a dozen games and the "experts" amongst us have written him off. I despair.

It may be the best for him and i still think he has the talent to be a very good player, as long as the loan is to a club that will play him to his strengths.
Would have to be a damned good loan. PL club wanting him as first choice at left back (or whatever position the club thinks he will be best on long term) imo.

He'll get at least conference games and LC games staying this first half of the season. Chance to work under Nuno on however Nuno wants him to play in training.

Back