• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

So if Lloris is part of this Player Committee, I am wondering if he really did refuse to play in the 2nd half, along the lines of 'I am not playing again until you're gone'

Hopefully we can just throw out the play book we have been working on the last few seasons and Mason can just get us back to basics for the last few games.

Not sure who his coaching staff will be...

Stellini should never have been given the job. Either stick with Conte to the summer or sack him and all his coaches, can't be half a clearout.

Yup. Either stick or twist, and we somehow did neither. Not sure what Mason's exact position was under Steilini but we've essentially done the same thing again, fired the boss and replaced him with an assistant. Hope I'm wrong but it doesn't really seem like the answer lies in the current coaching staff and of course hope it goes well for Ryan. At least this time he hasn't been thrown in last minute before a final...

It's a tad cynical but I do wonder if the hope is that things will be less toxic under Mason as there's obviously a long bond with him and the fans.

Yup. Either stick or twist, and we somehow did neither. Not sure what Mason's exact position was under Steilini but we've essentially done the same thing again, fired the boss and replaced him with an assistant. Hope I'm wrong but it doesn't really seem like the answer lies in the current coaching staff and of course hope it goes well for Ryan. At least this time he hasn't been thrown in last minute before a final...

It's a tad cynical but I do wonder if the hope is that things will be less toxic under Mason as there's obviously a long bond with him and the fans.
Maybe Mason would have got it after Conte, but he had imminent paternity leave

The decisions by the board have been shocking for some time now
I can understand Mourinho and Conte even if they're not the type of manager I want, but Stellini was poorly thought out. If giving it to one of the coaching staff then Mason was the obvious choice and even that is not ideal.

I can understand Mourinho and Conte even if they're not the type of manager I want, but Stellini was poorly thought out. If giving it to one of the coaching staff then Mason was the obvious choice and even that is not ideal.

I think the idea was that Conte had lost it, but we didn't want to make big changes for the last 10 games(?).

But we needed that clean break imo and a change of direction (like moving up the pitch...)

Throw NES into the equation that's 4 big mistakes. Do you think we will go through a circus again like last summer to appoint a manager? Shambles

It's a bit different with Mason. Stellini and Conte are a pair, Mason was already part of the coaching staff when they arrived and will have his own ideas.

Throw NES into the equation that's 4 big mistakes. Do you think we will go through a circus again like last summer to appoint a manager? Shambles
Once we get the right manager I'm not too bothered. I do think it will happen quickly once the season is over with either Slot or Nagelsmann being appointed.

All of Conte’s coaching staff have now left so it will be a completely different set of coaches coaching without limitation. You can be an assistant and still disagree / have a different philosophy of how you want to play. I was an assistant for a while coaching youngsters and i disagreed with a lot of what the manager was doing but i went with it through respect and an open mind. I became a manager and done things my own way, my assistant now probably has other ideas to me.

For what it's worth, I think he'll go 4231

GK.
Dier.
Romero.
Sanchez.
Davies.

Skipp.
PEH.

Kane - dropping deep to help the mf.
Son and Danjuma to run beyond.

Would've thought the main objective is to stop conceding goals, at least until half time. Gonna be a tough call for Mason to drop Lloris in his first game, so hopefully he's still injured and it sorts itself.
I would start with something like:
Forster
Romero... Dier... Lenglet
Kulusevski... Sarr... Skipp... Davies
Hojbjerg
Kane... Richarlison​

Would've thought the main objective is to stop conceding goals, at least until half time. Gonna be a tough call for Mason to drop Lloris in his first game, so hopefully he's still injured and it sorts itself.
I would start with something like:
Forster
Romero... Dier... Lenglet
Kulusevski... Sarr... Skipp... Davies
Hojbjerg
Kane... Richarlison​

Mason won't drop Son. I'm intrigued as to what he'll do. I don't think we have the players to play a 4. Dier, Lenglet, Romero and Sanchez are all horrendous for different reasons. But last time, he clearly wanted 4-3-3. However, that formation was a big factor in what happened yesterday. If he goes with it again and we get dingdonged, he'll be slaughtered. As we also need to go to Anfield where we usually spend 90 mins on the back foot and they're a team who could give us a proper hiding, I think he'll go 3-4-3:

1. Forster (assuming Hugo is injured)
2. Porro
3. Davies
4. Dier
5. Romero
6. Lenglet
7. Skipp
8. PEH
9. Son
10. Kane
11. Kulu

Back