• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Serious question: is this a joke attempt?
Kind reply: if not, listen to Mason on the high performance podcast. He is his own man, with his own ideas. With a strong sense of self and belief in his abilities.
I would have thought the inclusion of "harry" at the end made the joke quite obvious.

Mason won't drop Son. I'm intrigued as to what he'll do. I don't think we have the players to play a 4. Dier, Lenglet, Romero and Sanchez are all horrendous for different reasons. But last time, he clearly wanted 4-3-3. However, that formation was a big factor in what happened yesterday. If he goes with it again and we get dingdonged, he'll be slaughtered. As we also need to go to Anfield where we usually spend 90 mins on the back foot and they're a team who could give us a proper hiding, I think he'll go 3-4-3:

1. Forster (assuming Hugo is injured)
2. Porro
3. Davies
4. Dier
5. Romero
6. Lenglet
7. Skipp
8. PEH
9. Son
10. Kane
11. Kulu
You may be right about Son, but it's going to be hard enough for Mason anyway, let alone playing with ten men. If you want to be a manager, you have to be prepared to make the tough decisions. Being mates with the players will get you nowhere. My line up was based on the eleven players available who you would bet on turning up and doing a job. I would replace Lenglet and Sarr with Emerson and Bentancur if they were fit. Use Son as a super sub if you have to.

For what it's worth, I think he'll go 4231

GK.
Dier.
Romero.
Sanchez.
Davies.

Skipp.
PEH.

Kane - dropping deep to help the mf.
Son and Danjuma to run beyond.

I think from now on we should only play players who will be here next season:

---------------------Archer
Cesay-----Romero-----Paskotsi-----Davies
--------------Skipp------Bissouma
---Kulusevski------Devine--------Danjuma
-------------------Richarlison

Is this a bit like how you wanted ‘handbrake removed’ and Conte to go and Stellini to manage us?

You may be right about Son, but it's going to be hard enough for Mason anyway, let alone playing with ten men. If you want to be a manager, you have to be prepared to make the tough decisions. Being mates with the players will get you nowhere. My line up was based on the eleven players available who you would bet on turning up and doing a job. I would replace Lenglet and Sarr with Emerson and Bentancur if they were fit. Use Son as a super sub if you have to.

I don't think he's in a strong enough position to drop Sonny. It's a big call. I could maybe see him giving Danjuma a go over Kulu as he has to put his stamp on it somehow.

fudge me. Have had a beer or two which I normally don't do in the week. Tottenham have driven me to drink on a Monday. What a club to support.

Lol, you are great for entertainment value :)

I can play, though even I struggle to make it that unlikely.

————————Forster—————————-

—————-Romero———Sanchez——-—Davies

Porro——————-Dier (DM)———————

——————-Skipp—————-PEH——————

Danjuma——————————————Son——-

——————————Kane—————-

wonky 4-3-3 with Dier in midfield but dropping into Def when Porro goes forward. Should give that lineup a run for it’s Money lol :)

Lol, you are great for entertainment value :)

I can play, though even I struggle to make it that unlikely.

————————Forster—————————-

—————-Romero———Sanchez——-—Davies

Porro——————-Dier (DM)———————

——————-Skipp—————-PEH——————

Danjuma——————————————Son——-

——————————Kane—————-

wonky 4-3-3 with Dier in midfield but dropping into Def when Porro goes forward. Should give that lineup a run for it’s Money lol :)

That’s a really interesting post. I’d never considered Dier for CM on Thursday but it’s far from the worst idea I’ve seen and it might be the only scenario in which we can play a 4.

Playing Dier as a DM is the best way to transition between a 4 and 5 back I think although we need to have a centre back who can play right back if we are really covering for Porro’s attacking forays. That way would allow us to retain our shape allowing the centre back in question to cover the spaces left by Porro. We would then need another defensive midfielder too but not one that drops in to defence. As otherwise who applies the press to the opponent’s attacks to stop them getting to our defence?

I’m all for giving youth players a chance between now and the end of the season. For me, the season has been written off with all that has happened. Just as long as the youth players know that there is no pressure on them. I hate to think how Sarr felt after being subbed off so early on Sunday. It was a necessary switch but I think everyone was at fault on Sunday with the possible exception of Kane who scored in spite of everything else.

That’s a really interesting post. I’d never considered Dier for CM on Thursday but it’s far from the worst idea I’ve seen and it might be the only scenario in which we can play a 4.
Haha I was actually semi joking with the lineup, though with Porro I figured if we were to play a 4 someone had to help him out and Dier seemed the obvious to drop into RB or CB with Romero going RB. If I was to do that would probably put Richy on the right instead of Danjuma and let him float to the middle as Porro pushes forward and support Kane up top since we need an aerial threat for Porro to hit. Son (Danjuma maybe better but not seen him LW) can give width on the left and Davies is a capable LB in a 4.

fully expect we will go with a 5 however

Haha I was actually semi joking with the lineup, though with Porro I figured if we were to play a 4 someone had to help him out and Dier seemed the obvious to drop into RB or CB with Romero going RB. If I was to do that would probably put Richy on the right instead of Danjuma and let him float to the middle as Porro pushes forward and support Kane up top since we need an aerial threat for Porro to hit. Son (Danjuma maybe better but not seen him LW) can give width on the left and Davies is a capable LB in a 4.

fully expect we will go with a 5 however

Mate, this is Daniel (COYS). Any chance you can start in the morning?

Good luck Ryan, you are seriously going to need it. Three of our next four games are against teams currently in the top seven, Manchester United, Liverpool and Aston Villa. Our overall record against the current top seven teams so far this season is one win and eight defeats out of nine played. So a grand total of three points out of a possible 27 with a withering goal difference of -16.

Talk about poison chalice! I'm not holding my breath.

Except Dier is not good in midfield because as much as I love the bloke he turns as quickly as a super tanker. Let's face it the Liverpool attack will pull the midfield and defence all over the place

I do feel some sympathy for Mason, as someone wrote at present this job is a poison chalice. Can he lift this team with confidence on the floor and change players drilled to play in a rigid system to switch overnight to an attacking free flowing unit, it's a big ask.

We have some tough games and it looks like an awful end to the season, its seems to me there is no quick solution to our problems. My hope is the team show some spirit and effort in the up coming games and realise they have let themselves and the supporters down since the break, there are many reasons for this and its essential we get our strategy right for next season as if we dont I can only see a period of mid-table struggles for us.

I dont usually feel so down with results and performance but currently I am very low, probably our league positions over the last decade have raised my expectations and have not taken onboard my own advice to my grandson that he should enjoy it while you can as these are the good times.

Except Dier is not good in midfield because as much as I love the bloke he turns as quickly as a super tanker. Let's face it the Liverpool attack will pull the midfield and defence all over the place
Which is why he wouldnt work in a 2, but with the energy of Skipp and the headless chicken attempt from Holjberg should give him enough energy around him to cover his mountain like impressions :)

Of course could always play Romero in DM but think he needs to be in CB....however as i said at the start, the lineup was a bit more flippant and i fully expect Mason will play 5 at the back with Perisic at LWB

Whatever we do, we can not play a 4 without suitable cover for Porro when he goes forward so either we start Tanganga at RB (ugh) or one of the midfielders need to be comfortable dropping into Def, which of our available 3 right now none are.

Been wondering about Cesay myself.

Back