• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

@WhoScored: @Ryan_Mason13: MotM vs Aston Villa, Rating 8.38, Dribbles 5, Tackles 5, Interceptions 3, Clearances 3 @SpursOfficial

@Squawka:
Man of the Match: Ryan Mason.
5 take-ons completed (100%)
2 shots
1 key pass
88% pass accuracy
5 tackles won (100%)
B1dHUs8CEAAyevS.png

I think mason is incredibly overrated. He's playing pretty well, but "pretty well" is probably the maximum of his ability. Same with bentaleb. Mason will barely be a prem standard player when it comes to it. Stambouli dembele would be my starting 2

I must have seen a different game,best player on the pitch in my opinion. Have said it five years ago and will say it again now,the lad will play for his country and be in our midfield for years to come.

I actually think he is being played out of position.

Couldn't believe Sky overlooked him. Mason was defo MOM for me. Not exceptional, but solid and dependable. I am so impressed how he has looked like he belongs in the first team. Is he playing on adrenalin? Lets hope he kicks on and improves even more.

I think mason is incredibly overrated. He's playing pretty well, but "pretty well" is probably the maximum of his ability. Same with bentaleb. Mason will barely be a prem standard player when it comes to it. Stambouli dembele would be my starting 2

Don't think anyone is overrating him, just recognising his positive qualities as compared with the likes of Capoue, Bentaleb, Carroll, Stambouli etc. Would you not agree he was our best midfielder today?

He also got Benteke sent off. Say what you like - in truth that was probably the turning point in the game.

I must have seen a different game,best player on the pitch in my opinion. Have said it five years ago and will say it again now,the lad will play for his country and be in our midfield for years to come.

I actually think he is being played out of position.

tell me more......what is his best position?

Don't think anyone is overrating him, just recognising his positive qualities as compared with the likes of Capoue, Bentaleb, Carroll, Stambouli etc. Would you not agree he was our best midfielder today?

possibly yeah, but more because everyone else us under performing. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but I see an average player playing well, and much more talented players being disappointing. the fact he's playing best is kore depressing than thinking he's great.

Laying into Benteke to a point - away from home... yes according to Souness he could have got a red but I want our players to be more volatile when necessary. Good lad.

Couldn't believe Sky overlooked him. Mason was defo MOM for me. Not exceptional, but solid and dependable. I am so impressed how he has looked like he belongs in the first team. Is he playing on adrenalin? Lets hope he kicks on and improves even more.

Look at the utter cretins commentating and as pundits today and on programmes like Soccer Saturday, I'm not surprised they havent a clue

If that had've been Wheelchair instead of Mason he would've got MoM 100%

Say what you like but he works in pochs system- that said he should've got a yellow at the least for his antics with Benteke, but it's that sort of desire we lack in this team. Too many nicey nicey players and not enough desire or fight.

I'd also agree he's an AM but as I commented in another thread, he and another in front of a holding player would be great. He had a very good first half but wasn't as good in the second imo, which was the same case against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

IMO he doesn't do a enough defensively to be in a CM pair but he really does moved the ball nicely. Capoue blows hot and cold, but to be fair he has been a bit overworked at times and some of that is do with Mason. The idea to play him further up the pitch is not a bad one. We would be tending more towards a midfield triangle then but it would be an interesting experiment.

----------Dembele---------Stambouli-------
--------------------Mason--------------------
Lamela--------------------------------Chadli
------------------Soldado/Kane--------------

I thought he was comfortably our best player from what I saw from my vantage point at Villa
Park today.

possibly yeah, but more because everyone else us under performing. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but I see an average player playing well, and much more talented players being disappointing. the fact he's playing best is kore depressing than thinking he's great.

What is it about him that you think is average?

I see a player who has excellent control, good positioning, finds space, has good vision, two feet and plays for the team.

AM it's been obvious to me since the Gooner game.

I dont agree with that at all (assuming you mean playing in one of the '3' in Poch's 4-2-3-1). Mason brings to us what we've been missing since Modric left, namely a CM who can get the ball moving quickly from deep positions or the middle of the pitch. That sort of player is essential to making counter attacks. To me he's in his ideal position

Back