• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Credit to Mason for creating the goal for Adebayor against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. But don't think he is ready to start the league matches. We need much more quality in midfield than him.

Credit to Mason for creating the goal for Adebayor against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. But don't think he is ready to start the league matches. We need much more quality in midfield than him.

Disagree again. He has looked our best midfielder in the games against Southampton, and Saudi Sportswashing Machine

He had a decent debut vs the **** too and had a good game vs City but I though eriksen was top drawer so edged that

I'm sure his stats will show it too but I ain't gonna look

Disagree again. He has looked our best midfielder in the games against Southampton, and Saudi Sportswashing Machine

He had a decent debut vs the **** too and had a good game vs City but I though eriksen was top drawer so edged that

I'm sure his stats will show it too but I ain't gonna look

I'm with you here. Mason and Ericksen were comfortably our best midfielders at the weekend. I lost count of the times I said "Well played Mason" after about 30 minutes of the first half.

Capoue and Chadli are the two of the 5 in the midfield spots that I would like to see replaced.

I'm with you here. Mason and Ericksen were comfortably our best midfielders at the weekend. I lost count of the times I said "Well played Mason" after about 30 minutes of the first half.

Capoue and Chadli are the two of the 5 in the midfield spots that I would like to see replaced.

Won't be long before Stambouli takes over from Capoue if he keeps up his good cup form.

Won't be long before Stambouli takes over from Capoue if he keeps up his good cup form.

Was he decent last night then? From first impressions, i do like the cut of this fellas jib, but having only listened to a bit of radio commentary v BHA it didn't sound as if he was too convincing or made much impact??

Was he decent last night then? From first impressions, i do like the cut of this fellas jib, but having only listened to a bit of radio commentary v BHA it didn't sound as if he was too convincing or made much impact??

He was a good 7/10 IMO. Nothing overly spectacular but did everything well and seemed to have a formed good understanding with Dembele (who I thought was marginally better but that is not a popular opinion around these parts).

He was a good 7/10 IMO. Nothing overly spectacular but did everything well and seemed to have a formed good understanding with Dembele (who I thought was marginally better but that is not a popular opinion around these parts).

The thing with Stambouli is we won't really know what we have until he gets thrown it at the deep end. When he has played it has been against poor or mediocre opposition so hard to tell what we have. Especially with a DM and positioning. Easy to sit in front of back 4 and spray balls around vs. Brighton much different story when Emirates Marketing Project have world class players running at us from all angles.

To be fair, a DM who does everything well is exactly what you are usually looking for.

Dembele was ok, but nothing to suggest he has learnt to be a more intelligent footballer (which is his problem vs. talent/ability)

The thing with Stambouli is we won't really know what we have until he gets thrown it at the deep end. When he has played it has been against poor or mediocre opposition so hard to tell what we have. Especially with a DM and positioning. Easy to sit in front of back 4 and spray balls around vs. Brighton much different story when Emirates Marketing Project have world class players running at us from all angles.
I agree. He was OK last night but largely untested. I would find it difficult to use it to assess whether he was better than Capoue.

To be fair, a DM who does everything well is exactly what you are usually looking for.

Dembele was ok, but nothing to suggest he has learnt to be a more intelligent footballer (which is his problem vs. talent/ability)
Agree with that point but Dembele and Stambouli played as a double pivot and constantly swapped position throughout the match. Neither was designated as DM or at least that's the way I remember it anyway.

Absolute hero. Finally a Spurs player that will stick up for his teammate. Give it back to Benteke, who is twice the size of him, after Benteke fouled Lamela. This turned the game.

Again, one of our better players today. The guy keeps the ball moving quickly - we've not had someone who does that since Modric left

good performance today. Still think he's a natural AM and does tend to overdo it at times (hollywood passes) but yes he was good.

Persist with the youth. I'd be tempted to get Bentaleb back in alongside Mason when he's fit. Kane in obviously. Maybe even Townsend.

Poch will get more out of our young players than people like Capoue, imo.

Persist with the youth. I'd be tempted to get Bentaleb back in alongside Mason when he's fit. Kane in obviously. Maybe even Townsend.

Poch will get more out of our young players than people like Capoue, imo.

I wouldn't.

As bad as Capoue is..we need to replace him with a positionally sound player which Benteleb is NOT. It has to be Dembele (could be Stambouli but i haven't seen enough tbh).

He was our best midfielder again. Looking very accomplished. I just wonder though do we go with Dembele and Stambouli? We just look soft.

I think mason is incredibly overrated. He's playing pretty well, but "pretty well" is probably the maximum of his ability. Same with bentaleb. Mason will barely be a prem standard player when it comes to it. Stambouli dembele would be my starting 2

Back