• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Yeah sorry Jimmy

I love seeing youth players coming through, but not for the sake of it. Mason is good enough and he is highly rated by a lot at the club, I would also agree I would like to see him play a bit further forward. I remember hearing he was likened to Scholes when he was younger and I agree he has a little of the Scholes about him.

His problem was his physical shape.. He was trying to bulk up as he was a skinny lad and it didn't suit his game

He even says that now he has found the right physical balance

You may not be a fan Grimsby but you can argue with the results when he has played

i agree with this. You can see it on that video that he has obviously taken a longer time to physically develop so you can't really put much stock in the age he has broken through into first team action. He's here now and looks ready.

If you believe in Poch you should believe in Mason and I do, I trust Poch.

Bloody hell. I can't believe I caused someone to have a breakdown... Well at least we won't be seeing the likes of that psycho anymore!

I guess my feelings aren't just about results, mason is like Spurs in general I guess, results are looking good, but I'm less impressed with the quality. I think it was amplified a touch when I thought dembele came in and looked strong, seem to drive with the ball.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out in the second half of the season! Like I keep saying, would love to change my mind and see a little maestro.

i agree with this. You can see it on that video that he has obviously taken a longer time to physically develop so you can't really put much stock in the age he has broken through into first team action. He's here now and looks ready.

If you believe in Poch you should believe in Mason and I do, I trust Poch.

I'm fully behind what Pochettino seems to be doing and am a fan of Mason but don't believe in blind faith.

I'm fully behind what Pochettino seems to be doing and am a fan of Mason but don't believe in blind faith.

But do you believe, in Mason's case, that the start of his first team Spurs career has been promising and that it shows the potential for him to be a useful squad member?

But do you believe, in Mason's case, that the start of his first team Spurs career has been promising and that it shows the potential for him to be a useful squad member?

GORDON BENNETT! whats been happening in this thread????

I am curious to see Mason utilised just off the striker as many on here say his natural position is an amf!

I think the lad offers us something most of our other cm's dont......still not forgiven him for blasting that chance over the bar vs Utd when Kane played him in......until he scores an important goal he is a hound and a rotter in my opinion!

I've a huge fan of Mason. He should start every game right now.
I just don't believe in the "you should trust in Poch" argument on a message board.
We might as well shut the forum down and all row in behind the manager like good fans.

the main thing i like about Mason is that he is the only one in midfield that looks to make the quick pass forward and that plays a significant role in upping our tempo..

the main thing i like about Mason is that he is the only one in midfield that looks to make the quick pass forward and that plays a significant role in upping our tempo..

Indeed started with his first appearance against forest in the cup we were so dire until he came on granted he scored a wonder goal but that aside you could easily see how he changed our tempo and getting balls around the pitch quicker and we have also seen since he has been out last few weeks how it hurts us when he isn't in the side. (Bentaleb as well who is excellent at moving the ball quickly to our playmakers)

Bloody hell. I can't believe I caused someone to have a breakdown... Well at least we won't be seeing the likes of that psycho anymore!

I guess my feelings aren't just about results, mason is like Spurs in general I guess, results are looking good, but I'm less impressed with the quality. I think it was amplified a touch when I thought dembele came in and looked strong, seem to drive with the ball.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out in the second half of the season! Like I keep saying, would love to change my mind and see a little maestro.

Your referring it the Chelsea game aren't you?

Dembele was excellent when he came on and settled. The problem as in think we all appreciate with Dembele is that he has all the ability but no aptitude to turn it on regularly

Mason has a confidence along with Bentelab for me work so well together

I've a huge fan of Mason. He should start every game right now.
I just don't believe in the "you should trust in Poch" argument on a message board.
We might as well shut the forum down and all row in behind the manager like good fans.

Seeing what he did with the younger players at Southampton and so far here isn't 'blind faith', it's 'informed opinion'. ;)

Milo, I have been trying to PM you but the site won't let me. A long time ago I requested something from you and you agreed to it but then did not carry it out permanently. Please can you now do this ASAP? Thanks.

Your referring it the Chel53a game aren't you?

Dembele was excellent when he came on and settled. The problem as in think we all appreciate with Dembele is that he has all the ability but no aptitude to turn it on regularly

Mason has a confidence along with Bentelab for me work so well together

Chel53a and Sunderland. In both we seemed to control play which we don't do at all!! And Dembele looked great in both. And yeah, he's obviously an incredibly frustrating player because he has so much ability but how many times have we seen it. But I'd still prefer to play the players with a higher ceiling then average players who are more consistent.

I guess with Bentaleb gone it'll be Stambouli and Mason as our starting two. Let's see how it goes. Wasn't a great start for them against Sheff Utd (what was Mason's pass completion against Sheff Utd?) but it's the first time isn't it?

Chel53a and Sunderland. In both we seemed to control play which we don't do at all!! And Dembele looked great in both. And yeah, he's obviously an incredibly frustrating player because he has so much ability but how many times have we seen it. But I'd still prefer to play the players with a higher ceiling then average players who are more consistent.

I guess with Bentaleb gone it'll be Stambouli and Mason as our starting two. Let's see how it goes. Wasn't a great start for them against Sheff Utd (what was Mason's pass completion against Sheff Utd?) but it's the first time isn't it?

How can you run a team like that though?

If Mason had played today, we'd have won that game.

Leicester are crap, frankly, and were there for the taking. But time and again, our central midfielders passed sideways. Time and again, opportunities to pass forward or break quickly were spurned and missed. Too safe. Too slow. Too pedestrian. Too unimaginative.

Mason won't stand for that bollox. He'll move the ball quickly. He'll always look to pass it forwards if he can.

He might not have half Dembele's or Capoue's physicality or talent. But he's got more than twice Dembele's and Capoue's intelligence, courage and positivity. That's what we want at Tottenham.

"To dare is to ****ing do". Not "Stay in your comfort zone".

Last edited:
I think it is laughable to see people stacking up on Mason after the last two games, his first since he got hurt a few weeks ago. The other thing I have to remind the naysayers of, is that he is NOT playing with his preferred (and well-suited/well-known) partner Bentaleb. The poor bloke's had to play with the likes of Capoue! NOT played together much before have they? NOT on any real wavelength.

Sorry, given who Poch didn't get (Schneiderlein) and given who isn't available, Mason is fine and when fully fit will be a huge asset as the season moves on. We might well upgrade in the summer if Levy opens his pockets, but right now, Mason/Bentaleb is a great combo...

Back