• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

rSol

Perhaps the bloke in the brown coat knew the bloke who would turn coat wasn't honest enough to be captain.

Is it right that when George Graham arrived at Spurs he wanted to replace you as captain with Tim Sherwood?

He never said it verbally, but yes he did. George arrived, it was clear he wanted Tim as captain, and I was like, that’s not happening. So they tried to work around it. I don’t think people realised how big I was going to become. I was 23, 24 years old and I had the strength and determination to say ‘no, I’m going nowhere, I’m an England player, I’m playing out of my skin – you might not like how I am but sorry, I am the future. So until I’m gone from this club it’s not going to happen.’ I didn’t verbally say that but how I carried myself said that. It’s quite sad really that people can lose sight of where they are and not look at the bigger picture. I found out for sure what they were doing when we played at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I was standing in the tunnel, I had Alan Shearer right by my ear hole – he was making sure I could hear – saying to [former Blackburn team-mate] Sherwood: “Tim, have you taken the armband off him yet?” [FFT: How did you react to that?] I said nothing. I had a game and wasn’t going to let it disturb me. I’d say Tim now is pretty much how he was back then.

I might have found one mildly redeeming thing about him, not that it makes an iota of a difference.

Sol Campbell: I don't think people at Spurs realised how big I was going to become

He has issues with everyone in football :lol: Even his brother, for being a Spurs fan.

On that point he's right. We should've given him the armband and made him the highest paid player because he was that good. And definitely better than Sherwood, who I thought was over the hill and did nothing memorable for us.

On that point he's right. We should've given him the armband and made him the highest paid player because he was that good. And definitely better than Sherwood, who I thought was over the hill and did nothing memorable for us.

A weirdo like Campbell is not the Captain you want to have.

Remember when he just disappeared at half time when playing for scum against West Ham? Did it ever get explained as to why he left so abruptly? Besides his general weirdness.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...ple-spurs-realised-how-big-i-was-going-become

So he left us because Sugar told him that he was going to be our highest paid player and the papers broke a story that he wouldn't be :-k
Still at least he accepts that he's hated because of the way he left for a free and was at the time one of our heroes.

Interesting what he said about his family, seemingly showing no interest in his games - even when he began playing professionally. I find that extraordinary. Might go some way to explaining his clinical, detached, 'me first' attitutide - as well as his apparent, constant craving for attention. Doesn't seem a well man to me.

At least he actually seems to get why we were so ****ed off about it at the time. I remember I was in America and my Dad brought me an English paper whilst I was sunbathing and it almost ruined the holiday.

Interesting comments re the lack of stability, turns out players don't like it when chairmen keep chopping and changing the managers.

point being that he wouldn't have mentioned stability/changing managers if we had progressed during his time here.

I've not forgiven Sol over the manner in which he left, I was 10 at the time and since then I never viewed a footballer as a hero or role model, but I'm not too fussed by it anymore. However, the whole Tory party comment has started to make me get annoyed by him again, though.

I'm starting to pity him as well. He seems to be all alone, other players coming out and contradicting him at every opportunity. He seems lonely.

Karma might be real

And he's back again .... this time with a slot on BBC2 Daily Politics railing against the Mansion Tax.

Usually that sort of thing is after 12:45 to end.

Enjoy !. I'm off to dine and wine for the afternoon. Best I watch him while 'mellow'

Where was his campaigning against the bedroom tax if he is so interested in people being ripped off unfairly?

I was ten years old when he left Spurs. He was my favourite player, and ended my idolisation of footballers. I'm not bothered by what he did in moving to Arsenal anymore, but this has genuinely annoyed me. He plays the 'I've come from nothing' card quickly, if he had any sincerity in that statement then he would understand that those worse off in life would need a helping hand.

I wonder how he feels about Hasselbaink being appointed Burton Albion manager. That's blatant errm, some kind of discrimination for sure.

Back