• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

I don’t think he’s world class yet at all. This player wasn’t even on a lot of peoples radar a year ago. World class players have been putting in top performances for quite some time. He is a very good player with the potential to go to the very top in his position but he isn’t there yet.

There is a difference between putting in World class performances, and actually being world class. I’d say the same about Son, capable of putting in World class performances but not at the consistency of the very elite world class forwards. Whereas some like Kane has been churning out the same top class performances and figures season after season and most definitely is world class….
Not being in peoples radars means nothing IMO, and just shows an ignorance of other leagues

i do agree about consistent performance levels being key though

Think we can cover this injury if we go back to three up top (as I think we should with Kulu available again). Hojberg and Bissouma isn’t far off Bentancur and whoever.

Will be convinced if clubs come for him; I think he's found his level with us at best.
Clubs will have seen him be as good as anyone at the World Cup and there hasn’t been a better midfielder in the league this season
But how do we as fans know if clubs come for him????
What we do know is he already has a load of top level titles on his CV, but as they weren’t won here our fans don’t think about them (5 league titles in 7 years of playing)

Oof, chin up, don't take a negative stance on a good news story mate. Are you feeling depressed?

Lol i sure sound like so. Just trying to be critical about how we judge players. So many here were convinced we had midfield superstars e.g. bentaleb, that in reality turned out worse when they left.

My opionion is that Hojberg isn't that good off the ball. Don't let it affect yours!

I think a player like De Paul would be better than Hojberg if we continue to have a midfield two. Better work rate and excellent off the ball movement. Watch him against Croatia and how he slowed their slick passing by cutting of lanes while also running a lot. De Paul would have no problems covering for Bentancur when he attacks.

https://www.intothecalderon.com/202...co-madrid-analysis-lionel-messi-diego-simeone

And maybe he can support kane instead of messi.

I think a player like De Paul would be better than Hojberg if we continue to have a midfield two. Better work rate and excellent off the ball movement. Watch him against Croatia and how he slowed their slick passing by cutting of lanes while also running a lot. De Paul would have no problems covering for Bentancur when he attacks.

https://www.intothecalderon.com/202...co-madrid-analysis-lionel-messi-diego-simeone

And maybe he can support kane instead of messi.

You got all of that from watching a few games of the World Cup?

It's ridiculous how good Modric is, still bossing the midfield in massive games at 37. Imagine what we'd have been like if he stayed.

Some player, was like an orchestra conductor for us, dictated the tempo, defended by keeping the ball, had that balance of recycling the ball deep then hitting key passes, right up there for me

Wouldn’t want him rushed back for €iteh game… especially as we don’t want to be continuing our hoodoo over them lest we contribute to them falling even further behind those gobby Goons!

Speak for yourself. I want us to win. Don't care if it hands arsenal the league, we need points.
Each to their own… Even if we sneak into CL spots there’s still feck all chance of us winning the damn thing unless our squad gets a miraculous overhaul before the start of next season and as it’s not going to be at the expense of ARSEnal then I’m not so fussed as I used to be tbh.

However I know dozens of gobby Goons and the prospect of them having something glorious to gloat about for the first time in decades is absolutely unbearable :eek:

Back