• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

iZYsK4cN9zC8t.gif

btw what does Soldado being a success in Spain have to do with absolutely anything?

It means he's a capable goalscorer in a team that works to his strengths, the basis for which a lot of people argue his case. The sitters he has missed though....

I think one of the best examples for us was in the home game vs Dnipro where he was up top with Ade (IIRC). At 0-1 we crafted a great move which saw Dembele, Eriksen and Ade all interchanging with the outcome being Eriksen sliding a pass through to Soldado who lashed home first time from 12-15yards. He was wrongly (again IIRC) flagged offside but the way he got into space and finished showed his ability. The problem though is that in the EPL teams sit back and we will sometimes need the battering ram style player.

KD Mate, have you forgotten all the sitters Adebayor has missed? The time at Upton Park where he did an airshot and missed the ball :lol: or in the same game when he missed a point blank headed from 4 yards out. Or the one on Sunday when he missed the ball, not the target, he missed the ball! Or that penalty miss with the comical run up against Basel?

Surely we should disregard the Ade that played under AVB as something was clearly not working between the 2 of them.

By the same sentiment do we then forget the sitters that Soldado missed when his head was not quite in it (his wife suffered a miscarriage last year).

i have started to think about the much maligned 4-4-2..soon as Kane came on in support of Soldado, we looked more potent upfront. plus, IIRC at one stage under Jol, we were more solid defending with two banks of four denying space..very difficult to break down.

If you watched his performances/goals in Spain you'd agree he's worth keeping hold of in the hope he can do it for us.

This. And if you add that to the way he converted Townsend's wayward shot into a goal and remember the way he took his goal against Villa last season you will see that he is worth it.

i have started to think about the much maligned 4-4-2..soon as Kane came on in support of Soldado, we looked more potent upfront. plus, IIRC at one stage under Jol, we were more solid defending with two banks of four denying space..very difficult to break down.

It appears Kane and Soldado have something of an understanding formed, more so than Ade has ever really shown with any other striker in our team.. I think playing Kane in behind Soldado could definitely be a strong option against weaker teams that we're struggling to break down. Whether Poch agrees is another matter entirely.

Ade is inconsistent but Soldado is pure turd water. Ade is by no means clinical but in comparison to Soldado he's Aguero/Falcao esque.

Have people actually forgotten the sitters Soldado has missed in his spurs career? you can literally make a 3 minute compilation about it.

Have to disagree with your theme at this moment here mate.

i was right in your corner before when we played under AVB and thought soldado was money badly spent.......when we switched to sherwood i was like 'sure we can see what he is about as long as its with a front 2'

now?

i am much more likely to give him a chance mostly because it seems that we are hell bent on playing wing forward that have a an actual presence in the final third....like a literal physical presence there. that seems to be the thing that solly craves in the premiership in order to even look the part

one thing we both know if that he likes to move behind the defensive line.......i used to hate that cause he guy did it even though we didnt have the right players for it...and he refused to change his game in thAT regard to accomodate the type of players we had = useless ****er of player always bringing us down to 10 men...9 if you count my eyes being opened by paulinho..

but now? him constantly ducking and diving behind the lines actually works for us; Based on the sunderland game for instance...chadli gets into the box......and the final third edge....lamela is always looking to get on the ball in the final third and get in the box...and eriksen the same as lamela....thats actual support in the same fashion as getting a striker up there with him.

My feeling now? New manager, new system..., offensive / creative players having that extra chemisttry together and getting better with the team, quicker transition game than under AVB = a good chance Soldado could become the **** that catches the leauge off guard

edit:- but people dissing ade dont know what they are talking about ;)

I don't get it?

Your dislike for the player is clear for all to see. But every player from last season is getting another chance starting with a clear slate due to all the upheaval of last season. Why shouldnt a guy who is a proven goalscorer in another top European league?

Your dislike for the player is clear for all to see. But every player from last season is getting another chance starting with a clear slate due to all the upheaval of last season. Why shouldnt a guy who is a proven goalscorer in another top European league?

Is tounsend by the fans then?

The players who showed flashes of quality are being given a chance, yes.

Townsend isn't being given a chance by the fans, rightfully or wrongfully. Paulinho isn't, (for good reason IMO) and on reading this thread it's clear that adebayor isn't.

So *******s to your sweeping statement.

Townsend isn't being given a chance by THE fans, rightfully or wrongfully. Paulinho isn't, (for good reason IMO) and on reading this thread it's clear that adebayor isn't.

some fans aren't giving these players a chance, some are - sort your sweeping statements out mate ;)

Townsend isn't being given a chance by the fans, rightfully or wrongfully. Paulinho isn't, (for good reason IMO) and on reading this thread it's clear that adebayor isn't.

Sorry I should have been clearer, I was talking about new signings from last summer - Chadli, Lamela et al....

Back