• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

I can't see why people want to **** away this season based on a £26m mistake. He's not shown he can do it in the last 14 ish months, so what has changed all of a sudden?

Agreed.

As i said before...i've never in my life witnessed a set of fans watch a striker hit 2 open play goals a season (whilst his fellow striker bangs in goals and literally got us out of jail in the second half of the season) and still claim the 2 open play goal a season striker should be first choice. It's like they close their eyes and ears at every sitter and randomly claim he should be starting (like all that crap we witnessed never happened). Don't worry, i'm pretty sure he'll get a run of games and proceed to miss even more sitters...after bad game number 7 most will agree he's garbage.

This should pretty much be the be all and end all.

The Soldado experiment has clearly failed. He was poor pretty much all of last night, bar a deflection he managed to keep on target. I can't honestly see why Ade gets so much abuse and Soldado gets off scot free with so many of our fans.

He's currently our third choice striker on merit.

He's currently 2nd choice.

On merit, 3rd choice should be Ade.

He's currently 2nd choice.

On merit, 3rd choice should be Ade.

hahahahhahahahahahhahaha and the sad thing is you probably actually believe it.

People have been hit with the "Men in Black" flashlight it seems:ross:. Have a look at the hat trick of sitters Soldado missed against Southampton last season to realise why he's not in the team.

Agreed.

As i said before...i've never in my life witnessed a set of fans watch a striker hit 2 open play goals a season (whilst his fellow striker bangs in goals and literally got us out of jail in the second half of the season) and still claim the 2 open play goal a season striker should be first choice. It's like they close their eyes and ears at every sitter and randomly claim he should be starting (like all that crap we witnessed never happened). Don't worry, i'm pretty sure he'll get a run of games and proceed to miss even more sitters...after bad game number 7 most will agree he's garbage.

I'm right with you. The main reason Sherwood's Spurs looked better than AVB's spurs last season? Adebayor.

For a very basic comparison.

Since the start of the 13/14 season, Adebayor's record in all competitions is 15 goals in 27 games. Eleven of which occurred in the Premier League.

Since the start of the 13/14 season Soldado's record in all competitions is 13 goals in 38 games (some muppet has messed around on wiki, so this might be slightly off). Five of those were in Europe and 4 of the others were penalties.

so Adebayor is about 1 in 2 and Soldado is 1 in 3. Which doesn't look too bad on Soldado, until you consider that 9 of his 13 goals were either spot kicks or in an easier competition.

I'm right with you. The main reason Sherwood's Spurs looked better than AVB's spurs last season? Adebayor.

For a very basic comparison.

Since the start of the 13/14 season, Adebayor's record in all competitions is 15 goals in 27 games. Eleven of which occurred in the Premier League.

Since the start of the 13/14 season Soldado's record in all competitions is 13 goals in 38 games (some muppet has messed around on wiki, so this might be slightly off). Five of those were in Europe and 4 of the others were penalties.

so Adebayor is about 1 in 2 and Soldado is 1 in 3. Which doesn't look too bad on Soldado, until you consider that 9 of his 13 goals were either spot kicks or in an easier competition.

So why are you prepared to write Soldado off after 1 bad season, but Adebayor can stink up the joint for an entire season like he did in AVB's first campagin and he gets a free pass?

How do you know he won't produce this season? He hasn't started a league game so far.

His performances in a spurs shirt over the last 14 months don't give any confidence.

(It is amusing that we can't beat Soldado with the 'last season' stick, but adebayor? Sure, go right ahead!)

His performances in a spurs shirt over the last 14 months don't give any confidence.

(It is amusing that we can't beat Soldado with the 'last season' stick, but adebayor? Sure, go right ahead!)

You can beat him with it as much as you like you're entitled to be critical of him, but why should we persist with Adebayor even when he is playing crap? Why can HE have an entire season of poor form but we persist with him?

I could turn all of that round (aside from the clause in the contract bit) but replacing Adebayor with Soldado and vice versa.

Aside from taking penalties (which he is actually bloody good at!) what is it that Soldado has done at Spurs to make anybody think he is worth a place in the team? Even last night against Notts Forest's second string he was absolute dogsh!t (but did get lucky with a deflection into the net). If Adebayor had performed as Soldado did last night he would've been absolutely crucified on here.

Adebayor was just as bad against WBA on Sunday. As Billy says, people would like to see what Soldado can do with Lamela, Eriksen and Chadli creating for him as opposed to Townsend, Lennon and Paulinho. If he still plays poorly, then we will admit defeat and probably agree with those who say we should sell him.

Agreed.

KDD

He has done it and has proven it. You can argue its La Liga and Spanish football but the fact of the matter is a chance is a chance whether its in a different country or continent. He has had chances and has fluffed his lines but as we know he can finish - really its just form not lack of ability.

You can beat him with it as much as you like you're entitled to be critical of him, but why should we persist with Adebayor even when he is playing crap? Why can HE have an entire season of poor form but we persist with him?

Adebayor has started 5 matches in the league and has scored just 1 goal, and that was our most unimportant of the season, the 4th goal in a 4 nil win against a cack team. Apart from that he has not done much so far

As a £26m striker Soldado should be able to grab games and drag the rest of the team to victories, granted not against the bigger teams, but against the minnows. He should have the ability to create goals on his own, not require being spoon fed a large number of chances. Last season there were opportunities that he should have been scoring, but didn't, which was one of the reasons that the AVB team were so badly performing.

I've written him off because I just can't see anything there that we can use. He'll occasionally score goals, yes, but as a player he's not suited to the way we play. I don't see a player there who should be playing for a team challenging for the top four in the premier league.

I don't blame Soldado for being the player he is, this was a bad choice of transfer by the club.

1) He came with a big price tag because he scored plenty of goals in Spain, but mainly because we were about to inherit a huge windfall of cash from the Bale transfer so clubs now we had the money.

2) How many strikers actually create their own chances? Consistently? Most of them need service.

AVB didn't persist with him, He dropped him first chance he got in favour of Soldado and look how that turned out.

Why should we persist with Adebayor? Currently we shouldn't. Bar the Arsenal game, which is for personal reasons for Ade, I would be all for playing Harry Kane. Stick Adebayor and Soldado in the europa/cup games and let them fight their way back into contention. I don't think soldado will get there, whereas Ade might regain form.

We made an error in judgement in signing Soldado, it's easy to see with hindsight, but we can't go back and change it now.

Back