• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Official - Soldado

It's 26m. Doesn't matter if it's 13m now, 5m in 2 years, 3m three years later followed by 5m after that...it's still £26m.

Not necessarily, if he's no longer with us to activate target clauses in the transfer deal then we don't pay. It all depends on what was agreed with Valencia, something I doubt we'll ever know, but knowing Levy like he is I very much doubt we agreed to hand over £26m without target clauses.

Not necessarily, if he's no longer with us to activate target clauses in the transfer deal then we don't pay. It all depends on what was agreed with Valencia, something I doubt we'll ever know, but knowing Levy like he is I very much doubt we agreed to hand over £26m without target clauses.

You know Levy?

Can you tell him I think he is a cnut.

It's 26m. Doesn't matter if it's 13m now, 5m in 2 years, 3m three years later followed by 5m after that...it's still £26m.

Thank GHod I have been trying to make that point as well.

I doubt it 13m and then 13m based on targets like goals scored. More likely it was a down payment of 13m and then a further fee this summer as you rightly say.

Thank GHod I have been trying to make that point as well.

I doubt it 13m and then 13m based on targets like goals scored. More likely it was a down payment of 13m and then a further fee this summer as you rightly say.

More likely a combination of the two. Some further fee, some target related payments.

Impossible to know for sure though.

Really been disappointed with this guy. His record this season is woeful, he's been outscored by Harry Kane from open play, who has had about 5 appearances in the league!

Doesn't look suited to English football really, if we get a decent offer from Spain I'd get rid.

Soldado has gotten into a ****load of great scoring positions through intelligent movement and runs.

Problem is his finishing has been abysmal, which to me is very strange, as I got the expression finishing was what he did best.

Personally I hope he'll stick around another season, with a new manager, a formation and a style of play that will bring out the best in Soldado.

Really been disappointed with this guy. His record this season is woeful, he's been outscored by Harry Kane from open play, who has had about 5 appearances in the league!

Doesn't look suited to English football really, if we get a decent offer from Spain I'd get rid.

Doesn't look suited to our style of play under AVB at least.

I agree that at his age if we get a good bid in it would be very tempting, but I think there's a decent chance he could be a success next season.

Although the problem remains, he doesn't seem suited to a lone striker role to me. If our new manager wants that, well, then we'd better start passing the ball a bit better too.

Soldado has gotten into a ****load of great scoring positions through intelligent movement and runs.

Problem is his finishing has been abysmal, which to me is very strange, as I got the expression finishing was what he did best.

Personally I hope he'll stick around another season, with a new manager, a formation and a style of play that will bring out the best in Soldado.

Agreed. Fingers crossed that Roberto can rediscover his scoring boots, unlike his equally out of form Spanish compatriot Torres...

In the league this season, excluding penalties:

Soldado: 3 goals from 58 shots over 1930 minutes
Kane: 3 goals from 25 shots over 410 minutes

His play has really impressed me every time I've seen him play live though. Very clever movement and a great touch. I still think he'll thrive once we start using Eriksen and Lamela up closer to him and giving him some decent service.

Agreed. Fingers crossed that Roberto can rediscover his scoring boots, unlike his equally out of form Spanish compatriot Torres...

In the league this season, excluding penalties:

Soldado: 3 goals from 58 shots over 1930 minutes
Kane: 3 goals from 25 shots over 410 minutes

I thought he's only scored 2 open play goals?

Completely agree with this. We need to keep him.

I don't want us to sell him this summer. I think he'll come good and you can see he really wants to make it with us, much better than some who don't seem to turn up.

I thought he's only scored 2 open play goals?

Ah, you're right. I forgot that his goal at home to Stoke was scored from the penalty spot. After all these years of having strikers who struggled to slot home penalties we finally find one who is deadly from the spot.

312ept3.png

http://www.squawka.com/players/roberto-soldado

His play has really impressed me every time I've seen him play live though. Very clever movement and a great touch. I still think he'll thrive once we start using Eriksen and Lamela up closer to him and giving him some decent service.

I agree.

Same here, he's actually a far better footballer than I expected to see. Some of his touches and passing has been exceptional, we just need to wait for it to click.

Unfortunately the way we set up under AVB, and the lack of subtelty from the midfield didn't work for him. He's proven that in the correct environment he's lethal. We just need to find that solution to get the best out of him.

Same here, he's actually a far better footballer than I expected to see. Some of his touches and passing has been exceptional, we just need to wait for it to click.

Unfortunately the way we set up under AVB, and the lack of subtelty from the midfield didn't work for him. He's proven that in the correct environment he's lethal. We just need to find that solution to get the best out of him.

I like the fact that he seems to care he looks like he's trying hard and wants to be a success. Unfortunately he looks like fernando morientes at Liverpool always getting into good positions but his finishing is shocking, which is his strong point!!

If atletico Madrid come calling this summer I wud sell

I do like robbie tho he has a nasty side to him which the best strikers have

Would be very surprised if Atletico bought him, wouldn't really match with what they've done in the past.

Torres -> Aguero -> Falcao -> Costa -> ... Soldado? Nah.

Back