• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Official - Soldado

Where is this from? Transfers aren't all apid upfront but everybody was reporting £26 million when we bought him and a smashing of our transfer record. They wouldn't have been saying that if without incentives, the money was less than our previous record signing.

This £13 million incentives thing has only started very recently.

From the Telegraph, I haven't seen anywhere else state this though, hopefully it's true. It's probably guaranteed add-ons though unlike Lamela's.

"Thanks a lot for the messages of support. I’m sure with the chance I missed we would have won the game.

I know that people expect a lot from me and you still haven’t seen the best of me yet.

If you work at it you’ll achieve it. I wish all the best to the people of Ukraine."

We didn't.

We paid £13m up front with a further £13m on incentives.

Still a lot of money but it does give a little perspective.

Never before has a transfer for such a large amount been half in incentives at least not reported. More then likely we have to pay a certain amount the first year and the next year a certain amount more even if we sell him at a loss to another side we will still owe Valencia the second instalment.

Never before has a transfer for such a large amount been half in incentives at least not reported. More then likely we have to pay a certain amount the first year and the next year a certain amount more even if we sell him at a loss to another side we will still owe Valencia the second instalment.

Hopefully the incentives are based on goals scored from open play!

This guy is woeful. He's got a grandad's body

You mean Bobby? Or Soldado? I forgot you can't call their, sorry our players by their names. Or were you talking about Yaya, or Olivier or Alex or Lukas? Now Yaya and Olivier and Alex and Lukas have great bodies. Bodies to die for and dream about...

Getting fed up with my Wham mate referring to him as Loldado. I really want this guy to hit the back of the net, because he is doing everything else right now.

This is a good point, Pav with his obvious downfalls could just do something from nowhere; I was there for his volley away against Bolton a few seasons ago. Soldado has at times looked like a capable player, but there's not really been that many sparks of genius from him that make me think he's got something special about him. There's still time for him to come good obviously, but it's definitely not good as planned so far.

Agreed.

So who was it that persuaded Levy to go against his normal transfer policy and pay £26 million for a 26 yr old with limited onward sale value? Redknapp did it with Parker, so was it AVB who really went out on a limb for Soldado? Or was it Baldini?

I think Lamela was Baldinis choice given their Roma connections (and he may not have even been in post when Soldado was signed). So, if it wasn't Levy and it wasn't Baldini, who on earth DID want this guy so badly?

All the rest of his game us excellent, then he shoots at goal and misses. :(

Think he will still prove himself but can imagine some Spanish sides bidding for him over the summer hoping to get something of a bargain.

He's not the player that played for Valencia, that's for sure. His key skill is (was :() finishing and he was bloody good at it. His confidence is totally in the crapper and misses like that one tonight really are a hammer blow.

It must be voodoo man, ****ing voodoo. We need to get a witch doctor in to sort this **** out. If that doesn't work then a ju-ju man. If that fails a gypsy curse removal followed by an exorcism. An then a vision quest.

Such a shame for Roberto that, despite an otherwise decent performance tonight, all he will be remembered for is this miss. :oops:

I hope that he can regain his confidence / luck in front of goal before the end of this season [-o<

@Squawka: Roberto Soldado with a shocking miss. http://vine.co/v/MZxYL0vHhwd

[tweet]436580090789761024[/tweet]

What a great move for that miss!!
My GHod he really is going through a downturn!! Let's hope he doesn't go the way of most of our recent strikers....IF if he had scored that, the faith in purchasing him would have made sense...I doubt many of our recent strikers would have been in the position to miss that....

Sigh

Last edited:

horrible bobble, just not happening for him, poor bastard could fall into a barrel of titties and he'd come out sucking his thumb

What a great move for that miss??? My GHod he really is going through a downturn!! Let's hope he doesn't go the way of most of our recent strikers....IF if he had scored that, the faith in purchasing him would have made sense...I doubt many of our recent strikers would have been in the position to miss that....

Sigh

Lovely little pass from Naughton to Paulinho.

Severely lacking confidence in front of goal, although strangely looks far more competent than any of our midfielders do in link-up play. Probably doesn't have the work-rate to play such a role but perhaps a supporting forward role may be the answer for the time being, can't be any worse than what we have already, less responsibility with goals with the aim to ease him back into form.

Back