• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Official - Soldado

1 goal from open play in the prem?
That is, on any way of looking at it, diabolical.
Add in the price we paid and his age, and he must be ranked as one of the worst premier league signings of recent times.
I've made excuse after excuse for him. I give up. T
Thank good Levy has made sure we have other options. Oh, hang on.......

Bizarrely his link up play seems better than his ability to score goals in the box (which unfortunately is the attribute we paid all that money for).
I think he will definitely be off in the summer, probably a mutual decision. And if he keeps his current strike rate up it shouldn't be difficult to upgrade for less money either.

Shame we didn't get what we paid for though (has his warranty expired?).

My guess is a merry go round like this....

Costa to. Chelsea
Soldado to Athletico
Benteke to Spurs

Don't forget our deal with Valencia was rumoured to be certain amounts up front and the remainder later which may well be on a performance basis which clearly won't be met

Bizarrely his link up play seems better than his ability to score goals in the box (which unfortunately is the attribute we paid all that money for).
I think he will definitely be off in the summer, probably a mutual decision. And if he keeps his current strike rate up it shouldn't be difficult to upgrade for less money either.

Shame we didn't get what we paid for though (has his warranty expired?).

i actually dont think his link up play is that , what i think he can do is connect the dots very well when he has time given to him and he is in the mix of things. but overall i wouldnt rate his link up play as very good

one thing is for sure though, the pace of the league is too much for him as a LONE striker...not to mention the physicality. having another up there with him increases his usefulness in having goal scoring opportunities...the only problem is that his confidence is so shot to pieces due to AVB and his tactics that its now a case of working it back into his game

the thing is that in order to work his confidence back, he is actually doing the right thing....i.e
keeping things simple
connect the dots during build up
his the target when you have the chance to

all thats left now is patience and composure and it will come

but this dude is not scoring bucket loads this season. no way

My guess is a merry go round like this....

Costa to. Chelsea
Soldado to Athletico
Benteke to Spurs

Don't forget our deal with Valencia was rumoured to be certain amounts up front and the remainder later which may well be on a performance basis which clearly won't be met

Can you set those deals up asap please!!!

comparison to Rebrov is unavoidable

at least Rebrov scored goals from open play in a **** team

I know that he had a big personal trauma when he came with his wife miscarrying but this stint is not acceptable for a striker of his calibre.

Sherwood is being nice about it. Saying it will come. But maybe he needs a rocket up his ****! Tell him to ****king go out and score! Watch some videos of himself doing that. Get him pumped up. The team under Sherwood and AVB seem to start slowly. All the players need to be a little more psyched up at kick off. Its only 90 minutes. Can not afford to concede a stupid goal in the first 15 as we did yesterday.

I have finally had enough of Soldado. When we bought him, he was thought to be a player who would finish the chances that we create, so often a problem that we have had. But yesterday there were three chances that completely summed of his finishing for us. The first was from a corner where Dawson got a flick and it came to Soldado 6 yards out unmarked. He had all the time he needed and could have put it anywhere in the goal but he completely ****ted it and volleyed way over the bar. The other chance was similar, the ball came to him unmarked on a half volley, yet this time his shot had almost no power on it and went straight into the keepers hands. The last chance he got the ball and a shot opened up for him to hit in the far post, yet for some reason he decided to go to the byline and try to cross.

I don't know what has happened to him but he can't finish to save his own life now. One of Sherwood or Ferdinand should be telling him he needs to improve it or he'll start losing his place in the team. He's just lucky that Defoe wasn't on the bench yesterday or he would've been off after an hour.

So, we write him off after one season ? Like that lot who wrote off óne of their own' ramsey ? This fella who has just come into the league, now going through a change of manager to boot ? Tell me, of the seven, yes seven, new players we've brought in, who has really stood out ? Fickle, fickle, fickle. Fah-king internet.

I loved Pav the person, I thought Pav the player was largely hit and miss ... better than just being miss though. At least Pav could self create a little and bang in a goal out of nothing, Soldado has a better touch and feel for the ball but he needs spoon feeding.

he scored a lot of goals that looked awesome until you watched the slo mo replay and saw it roll down his shin or come off an ankle

So, we write him off after one season ? Like that lot who wrote off óne of their own' ramsey ? This fella who has just come into the league, now going through a change of manager to boot ? Tell me, of the seven, yes seven, new players we've brought in, who has really stood out ? Fickle, fickle, fickle. Fah-king internet.

None of them. But Soldado has been bought at the peak of his career, for big money, to make an impact now. He's not a 21 year old with the potential for something else. How can anybody be accused of being fickle when his contribution so far has been so disappointing?

I hope he goes on and bangs in goals for fun, but so far he has been crap.

Eriksen has stood out, he's been a solid B. Chiriches has shown a lot more good than bad too, he gets a B as well. Lamela gets an n/a, Soldado gets an E, the others a D.

He was one player we expected an immediate impact from to spend that much money on a 28 year old proven goal scorer he doesn't have time on his side been a complete disaster lets be honest here. Not only has he not finished anything he contributes next to nothing with link and hold up play as well

Eriksen has stood out, he's been a solid B. Chiriches has shown a lot more good than bad too, he gets a B as well. Lamela gets an n/a, Soldado gets an E, the others a D.

That last sentence is pure hyperbole Rossi. Soldado has scored 10 goals in 22 games, goals which have won us points. What contribution has been made by Capoue and Chadli to merit higher grades? Ok so he needs to be better I am hoping his quality will eventually show through.

Sorry but I'm not including goals against Humperdinck Spartans to make him look better. I deal in League goals, 5 in 20, 1 from open play, absolutely brutal return. He's actually hurting the team, Chadli and Capoue aren't hurting us sitting on the bench - ultimately neither of those will have much of a future at WHL I doubt but at least we won't be losing much on them.

Back