• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Official - Soldado

He's so weak. I remember reading his height in the summer and thinking "okay, not bad". But he is skinny and pathetically weak. Aguero is smaller but strong as an ox. Defoe is also stroger. Defoe......

I know Harry got stick for his supposed MOTD signings, but a lot could be said for spending near £30 million on proven premier league players instead of ageing untested premier league ones

He's playing **** and he knows it. After seeing him play in La Liga for so long I was thinking he's good enough to turn it around, but week after week he fluffs his lines and the frustration grows. Can't see him turning it around now.

I suppose at 13mil + addons we probably could recoup a fair chunk of that. I'm sure absolutley none of the scoring addon clauses have been activated, nor are we at any risk of paying out on the CL qualification addons. ****.

I didn't want him here at all...but gave him the benefit of the doubt because he hardly had any goalscoring chances under AVB. Now he's had chances galore and still looks utterly useless. The guy is playing like a total waster.

He's playing **** and he knows it. After seeing him play in La Liga for so long I was thinking he's good enough to turn it around, but week after week he fluffs his lines and the frustration grows. Can't see him turning it around now.

I suppose at 13mil + addons we probably could recoup a fair chunk of that. I'm sure absolutley none of the scoring addon clauses have been activated, nor are we at any risk of paying out on the CL qualification addons. ****.

If we've only paid £13m, then it's not so bad. Should be able to get rid without losing too much.

10 goals in 23 games, not terrible. He's out of form at the moment but the times I've seen him live at the Lane he's looked technically sound and linked up well, although has struggled to find a finish which I accept is his raison d'etre. I'm not ready to throw him under the bus just yet though and I hope Sherwood persists.

10 goals in 23 games, not terrible. He's out of form at the moment but the times I've seen him live at the Lane he's looked technically sound and linked up well, although has struggled to find a finish which I accept is his raison d'etre. I'm not ready to throw him under the bus just yet though and I hope Sherwood persists.

How many of those were penalties? (He does take an excellent pen tbf). He seems to lack pace, strength and the nerve to finish chances though. Not what I expected, irrespective of what we paid.

Talk about massaging the numbers. How about 1(one) open play goal in 20 League apps(1 as a sub).

I don't understand how Soldado has gotten off relatively lightly compared to Lamela on here.

I suspect it's because people have seen him play in La Liga and therefore know that he is a very good player that is just extremely low on confidence. Whereas with Lamela i'm guessing not many have seen him play before and are therefore anaylsing and condemning him on his performances here at Tottenham.

I'm still prepared to give Soldado more time, it's hard not to have doubts on whether he'll ever rediscover his form here based on what we have seen so far but i'm prepared to give him more of a chance due to what i have seen of him in the past.

How many of those were penalties? (He does take an excellent pen tbf). He seems to lack pace, strength and the nerve to finish chances though. Not what I expected, irrespective of what we paid.
Still need putting in, not something we've always been brilliant at.

Talk about massaging the numbers. How about 1(one) open play goal in 20 League apps(1 as a sub).
I do often forget that they +2 to the score if you get one in open play. There's no massaging the numbers required, a goal is a goal. I'm not saying all is rosy with him, I'm sure he'd admit as much himself, but I'm willing to give him more time.

I think todays performance by him has sealed it with me. I dont think he's suited to the premier league. Im not for one second saying he's a bad player, his little flick on's have been brilliant at times, he can also deliver a good through ball but he wont make it in this league.

He's been here now 6 months, he's played 19 times in the league so I would start to expect to see him improving and settling in to the league. Instead he's playing like its the first time he has stepped out for the club. He's trying to con the referee every game into giving him soft free kicks, like it out not but today are 28m striker got bullied by Paul McShane.

If you look at the best strikers in this league and they all have one thing in common strength;

Saurez as much has he goes down like girl to get a penalty, when he needs to he can hold his own against any defender
Agüero the guy is unbelievable strong for his size, he caused problems for Dawson with his strength and that's one of Dawson's strong points
Negredo he's called the beast end off!
Rooney he gives out more then any striker in the league

I know all of the above are some of the best in the league maybe even the world but they are all suited to this league, even Shane long today used his strength for the opening goal. The more I see of Soldado the more I think Fernando Morientes. Both great goalscorers in La Liga but not suited to the premier league. I any club offers 15m for him this summer I would bite their hand off.

His goalscoring record was too consistently excellent in the Liga for me to write him off after 19 PL starts. I feel like he just needs some sort of catalyst to turn his form around - I thought that this little rest might have been just that, but apparently not! Difficult to know what else it could be at this stage...

It doesn't help that he's a horrible player on the pitch - a dirty little cheat.

On the plus side I do love his hair.

Kinda feel sorry for Soldado, as he's only scored 1 goal from open play in the league all season and is clearly devoid of confidence thus snatching at chances he'd normally expect to slot home.

• Soldado has played 20 games (1589 minutes) in the Premier League and scored 5 goals (48 shots, 14 on target) plus contributed 4 assists.
  • Negredo has played 21 games (1320 minutes) in the Premier League and scored 9 goals (56 shots, 24 on target) plus contributed 4 assists.
  • Aguero after his first 20 games (1353 minutes) in the Premier League had scored 14 goals (68 shots, 32 on target) plus contributed 4 assists.
  • Suarez after his first 20 games (1600 minutes) in the Premier League had scored 8 goals (78 shots, 32 on target) plus contributed 3 assists.
  • Berbatov after his first 20 games (1623 minutes) in the Premier League had scored 6 goals (39 shots, 26 on target) plus contributed 7 assists.

What is so disappointing for me about Soldado is that he seems incapable of creating (or even looking like creating) a goal for himself. For such an expensive player that AVB was convinced would be fantastic for us, he is such a let down.

He doesn't appear to possess any of the attributes of a top striker - strength, speed, good in the air, excellent shot with both feet. Absolutely nothing. What did AVB and Baldini see in him?

What is so disappointing for me about Soldado is that he seems incapable of creating (or even looking like creating) a goal for himself. For such an expensive player that AVB was convinced would be fantastic for us, he is such a let down.

He doesn't appear to possess any of the attributes of a top striker - strength, speed, good in the air, excellent shot with both feet. Absolutely nothing. What did AVB and Baldini see in him?

Harry scouts motd, AVB and Baldini scout Wiki :)

Agreed, but in fairness anyone who simply watched the Youtube video of all of his goals last season could see that!

I'm not prepared to just write him off after half a season, still a long way to go. When a striker gets a mental block it's horrible, these things have to just be seen out. Same as with Lamela, we'll regret selling him off 6 months down the line. I don't think our team looks balanced at all right now, which is a bigger problem.

Back