• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

nice vid but pointless - All the goals are from crosses and balls over the top, we have no-one in the team capable of consistently putting good crosses into the box (wingers cut inside, full backs cant cross) and I rarely see a decent ball over the top.
Unless we sign capable players in the summer of making those types of passes, Soldado will not perform at spurs.

nice vid but pointless - All the goals are from crosses and balls over the top, we have no-one in the team capable of consistently putting good crosses into the box (wingers cut inside, full backs cant cross) and I rarely see a decent ball over the top.
Unless we sign capable players in the summer of making those types of passes, Soldado will not perform at spurs.

Still think we had decided on Soldado when we thought we had Bale for another year

Not sure about that, mate. Look at some of the service provided in the beginning of this vid:

definitely, they would have made a great partnership

Sorry - not buying it.

Yet again people living in cuckoo land... This guy has been a flop of monumental proportions. He is simply not cut out for the English game; he got lots of goals from crosses in Spain but would not get 10% of those in England even if we had the best two crossers in the land.

Time to swallow our losses and our pride and move on

Strikers are all about confidence and he has none. Nada. Zilch. I don't ever remember seeing a striker who has gone into to such an extended nose dive as Soldado and pulled it back. I genuinely feel sorry for the guy but I think we're at the point where moving him on is the only option. Sad but that's football.

ok, I'm drunk, so this thought isn't fully formed and won't be suitably articulated, but, why is Lamela getting a pass? is it because he had the injury, is younger, or both, I'm
all for giving him a chance by the way, I'm just not sure why he isn't getting the stick soldado gets despite costing more and offering even less

maybe it's just me, or the booze, meantime pale ale is excellent

Still think we had decided on Soldado when we thought we had Bale for another year

Him and Paulinho were, I think, the two players we intended to buy to strengthen the side before Real's despicable antics made it clear that we would have to let Bale go.

The rest of them came in a rush towards the end, but I think Paulinho was intended to be one of the deep-lying two behind Bale, and Soldado the wispy frontman who'd gobble up all the rebounds from Bale's cracking long shots.

Sigh.

ok, I'm drunk, so this thought isn't fully formed and won't be suitably articulated, but, why is Lamela getting a pass? is it because he had the injury, is younger, or both, I'm
all for giving him a chance by the way, I'm just not sure why he isn't getting the stick soldado gets despite costing more and offering even less

They both get absurd amounts of stick, most of our players do.

I never understood this signing. 26 mil for a 28-year old? I don't care how good he is, I would never spend that money when Benteke could have been had for less. In any case, if he doesn't leave, I'd move him to a behind-the-striker role. He's creative enough to provide the assists and maybe by being more involved in the game and not expected to score will ease the pressure. Or I'm just incredibly naive.

But think of all the money we have made on other players in the past. Bale, Carrick, Berbatov, modric. Some you win and some you lose.
Problem is we seem to have lost on all our three record signings. What are the chances of that?!

I never understood this signing. 26 mil for a 28-year old? I don't care how good he is, I would never spend that money when Benteke could have been had for less. In any case, if he doesn't leave, I'd move him to a behind-the-striker role. He's creative enough to provide the assists and maybe by being more involved in the game and not expected to score will ease the pressure. Or I'm just incredibly naive.
He's scored the same number of goals as Soldado this season.

Lamela is getting a pass? Have you been reading the Lamela thread? How often is Lamela's name chanted at the Lane compared to Soldado's?

Yes, a 22 year old is probably more likely to adapt than a 29 year old. Yes a 29 year old's value is almost certain to plummet regardless, that's not the case with a 22 year old.

Lamela is getting a pass? Have you been reading the Lamela thread? How often is Lamela's name chanted at the Lane compared to Soldado's?

Yes, a 22 year old is probably more likely to adapt than a 29 year old. Yes a 29 year old's value is almost certain to plummet regardless, that's not the case with a 22 year old.

so it is age then, fair enough

yeah I've read that thread, he doesn't polarise to the extremes of Soldado imo

so it is age then, fair enough

yeah I've read that thread, he doesn't polarise to the extremes of Soldado imo

I have been and still is one of Lamela's greatest critics.

However even I would agree that the Argentine is nowhere close to the abysmal flop levels of Soldadud

He's scored the same number of goals as Soldado this season.

He was out with a serious injury problem and took some time to come back. He got sent off (rather dubiously) against us and had an enforced suspension.

Do you want to take a bet with me here and now that he will score more than Solly by the end of the season (excluding penalties!!!)

Back