• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Soldado - Official!

Oh yeah, Nayim. Always forget he was Spanish and keep remembering him as North African (I guess he probably was originally?)

Now we have finally got in on the Spanish international act, we can hopefully be able to have Soldado act as a magnet for any other creative Spanish midfielders who might be slightly under the radar to join us in future.

993343_208236609335018_452527767_n.jpg

guess it's pretty much done now.

he's changed hsi twitter page to "Jugador del Tottenham Hotspur FC"

Oh yeah, Nayim. Always forget he was Spanish and keep remembering him as North African (I guess he probably was originally?)

Now we have finally got in on the Spanish international act, we can hopefully be able to have Soldado act as a magnet for any other creative Spanish midfielders who might be slightly under the radar to join us in future.

He is north african and spanish. He was born in Ceuta: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceuta

When will he be announced on the Official site? He still hasn't been listed in the squad profiles whilst both Paulinho and Chadli are there.

I know the site is super slow but would be good to know his squad number.

When will he be announced on the Official site? He still hasn't been listed in the squad profiles whilst both Paulinho and Chadli are there.

Number 9 seems likely. That was his number at Valencia, and we don't have a number 9.

Over in the itk thread seems there's a problem with his knee ... Failed medical possibly ?

Twitter seems to suggest the medical is over two days, on the first day we noted he had a meniscal tear in his knee that occured in 2010 so we want to scan it on the second day, which is today.

Maybe we're close to selling Bale meaning we've got a bit more £££ to play with? we've had a look around and been quoted a price that intrigues us regarding a certain striker? we're starting to think 'hmmm maybe spending the 8m or so more to secure the services of this guy is a better bet'?

Twitter seems to suggest the medical is over two days, on the first day we noted he had a meniscal tear in his knee that occured in 2010 so we want to scan it on the second day, which is today.

ok now I am officially frightened

@spurspanyol, in response to a question about whether Soldado's knee is a potential issue in regards to passing his medical:

I don't think so. He had a knee injury before so they are doing further checks. Quite normal, nothing to worry about.

Then, asked whether there's anything in the Spanish media about it (which there clearly would be, if it was a possible deal-breaker):

Absolutely zero. Only that part of his fee (1.6M€) actually goes to Real Madrid.

...I think it's quite normal to do extensive checks on 1) an expensive player and 2) on a player that in the past had a knee injury. No issue.

...He had an issue with his knee in 2010. He's scored nearly 50 goals since then. He's good to go. Trust me.

On SC they linked to a twittering Spanish kid who met Soldado in Caffe Nero on High St Kensington today ALLEGEDLY and said he'd completed. Salty buckets.

Back