• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Soldado - Official!

Yeah, didn't think anyone could have a harder first touch than Ade on his bad days...................

I'll get my coat.

Honestly what makes that guy scary is the amount of times he take his shot with the first touch, no touch to control needed.

yeah those first time goals are magnificent to watch.
however i'm also expecting a lower conversion ratio due to the higher difficulty level.

yeah those first time goals are magnificent to watch.
however i'm also expecting a lower conversion ratio due to the higher difficulty level.
Didn't someone post a stat saying that, in all the major European leagues, Soldado's chance conversion rate was behind only Messi and one other guy (possibly CRonaldo)? Impressive if so.

Didn't someone post a stat saying that, in all the major European leagues, Soldado's chance conversion rate was behind only Messi and one other guy (possibly CRonaldo)? Impressive if so.

Lewandowski I believe.

I tihnk the bloke has all the makings of a big hit in the PL, an early goal in the first few games will set him off nicely.

Its all about his off the ball movement in the penalty box. Can't wait to see him find the spaces that Defoe and Ade couldn't against teams that put 10 men behind the ball at whl.

Its all about his off the ball movement in the penalty box. Can't wait to see him find the spaces that Defoe and Ade couldn't against teams that put 10 men behind the ball at whl.

Exactly, a few comments about poor defending, it's the guy's movement that makes the defending look poor.

Exactly, a few comments about poor defending, it's the guy's movement that makes the defending look poor.

Absolutely. I am LOVING the fact that half the goals in that video are tap-ins. That means good anticipation and off-the-ball movement...or rubbish defending, of course! The mark of a great striker isn't the 4 wonder goals he scores over the season, but rather the 10 tap-ins that he gets through being at the right place at the right time. Think Van Nistlerooy and Lineker.

You can stick Soldado up front
You can stick Soldado up front
You can stick Soldado
Stick Soldado
Stick Soldado up front

Cosssss.... we've got Dempsey on the bench
We've got JD on the bench
We've got Ade,
Jermaine Defoe or Dempsey
So no f***ing strikers on the bench

Absolutely. I am LOVING the fact that half the goals in that video are tap-ins. That means good anticipation and off-the-ball movement...or rubbish defending, of course! The mark of a great striker isn't the 4 wonder goals he scores over the season, but rather the 10 tap-ins that he gets through being at the right place at the right time. Think Van Nistlerooy and Lineker.

The tap in's are a great indicator for someone like me who has never seen him play before, RVN's name popped into my mind aswell! Also appears that he likes getting into the box rather than languishing deep or going out wide (although one goal he starts out wide, offloads it and runs into the box like a madman to finish the move off, lovely stuff)

I think he is a concotion of many abilities but he isnt actually a master of any (except finishing - which is briliant for me). He has a bit of Berbatov in how he plays, a bit of RVN in how he finds space in the box and a bit of a fox in the box alas Gary Lineker. He has a certain swagger when plays hence the Berba remark but he is much busier.

Judging purely on numerous you tube compilations, he reminds me of Andy Cole.
No nonsense when it comes to goal scoring. Finds really good space in the box, and always gets on the end of things, even things he has no right to get a touch on.
No every touch is perfect, but the ball heads goalwards. Best described as goal scorers instinct I guess.

Judging purely on numerous you tube compilations, he reminds me of Andy Cole.
No nonsense when it comes to goal scoring. Finds really good space in the box, and always gets on the end of things, even things he has no right to get a touch on.
No every touch is perfect, but the ball heads goalwards. Best described as goal scorers instinct I guess.

You really are a monkey ... Andy Cole??????????

Back