• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Seems to me that this deal all depends on whether Bale stays or goes.

If Bale goes i very much doubt Soldado will be coming in.

Seems to me that this deal all depends on whether Bale stays or goes.

If Bale goes i very much doubt Soldado will be coming in.

Don't think thats the case at all. Maybe Levy's attention is solely on Bale right now, seems like more or less everything is in place....

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/spurs-urged-to-seal-roberto-soldado-signing-by-thursday-valencia-debt-hits-e400m/?

Madrid-based paper AS report on Tuesday morning that whilst Spurs and Valencia are close to an agreement on striker Roberto Soldado, the Spanish side are hoping a deal can be completed before they jet off to the USA for a pre-season tour on Thursday.

Tottenham have informed Valencia that they will pay Soldado’s 30 million euro release fee but the terms of the payment have not yet been finalised.

Soldado’s release clause is valid until August 3, 2013 and if the Spanish striker leaves for the US with his Valencia team mates it could complicate the deal.

According to AS, Valencia want to receive the 30 million euro fee in two payments whilst Tottenham are keen to spread it over six years and include four million euro as incentives, bringing the direct fee to 26 million.

However, despite Valencia’s tough stance in negotiations over Soldado, AS add that Los Che are expected to present financial results today which confirm they are close to 400 million euros in debt and even with the income from Soldado still have to undergo financial restructuring.

With Gareth Bale’s dominating the sports pages in Spain and England, Spurs fans will be hoping for some good news surrounding Roberto Soldado in the next 48 hours.

According to AS, Valencia want to receive the 30 million euro fee in two payments whilst Tottenham are keen to spread it over six years and include four million euro as incentives, bringing the direct fee to 26 million.

:lol:

:lol:

Valencia have debts they need to pay off. If they didn't a longer payment schedule would be acceptable, probably even the norm.

Not if a contract length is around 4/5 years. It could be six years but thats not really the norm for us.

Contracts are usually 4+2, so 6.

The issue is the Valencia debt. It would be acceptable for the Bale payment to be over 6 years, would expect a decent % up front though.

@spurspanyol 11h Just to correct @neilashton_ AGAIN. Soldado was NOT offered to Spurs EVER, let alone last January. That was Negredo. And you get paid. Ha!

@neilashton_ 2h @spurspanyol didn't realise you we're involved in club's transfer negotiations. ;-)

@spurspanyol 2h @neilashton_ I seem to know more than you at least. ;-)

@spurspanyol 30m To those asking about a deal being "imminent" or not: It only lacks Levy's signature. When he signs it'll move very fast.

@spurspanyol 11h Just to correct @neilashton_ AGAIN. Soldado was NOT offered to Spurs EVER, let alone last January. That was Negredo. And you get paid. Ha!

@neilashton_ 2h @spurspanyol didn't realise you we're involved in club's transfer negotiations. ;-)

@spurspanyol 2h @neilashton_ I seem to know more than you at least. ;-)

@spurspanyol 30m To those asking about a deal being "imminent" or not: It only lacks Levy's signature. When he signs it'll move very fast.

:lol: i like Spurspanyol

Back