• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

my source is telling me Soldado is at Valencia's training ground. 100% nailed on. dont shoot the messenger

So, do you have a 'man in the stands' whispering into a sleeve microphone?

"Lillywhite Lime. Lillywhite Lime. This is Valencia Orange. Soldier Boy is on parade. Repeat. Soldier Boy is on parade. Valencia Orange out."

Don't threat. It wasn't like Soldado was going to leave Valencia without saying his goodbyes, simply showing respect by being at the training ground and viewing their match tonight.

And it's not like Spurs were going to upstage their glittering performance today in Hong Kong by announcing a transfer signing during or immediately after. It's all about information management to maximize copy inches and air time.

Would you have said that before the Confeds?

I'm not going to pretend to have seen Fred for the last few years, but I know he's always been a good finisher. I in fact thought he was a lot older than 29. But no I probably wouldn't have said that before the confeds. But he showed enough for me

I actually have a great deal of respect for Mumorn, he is an intelligent and articulate poster.

In a perverse sense, I hope he is wrong about the Soldado transfer? The reason I say this is if he is right, those closest to the club might put two and two together to work out who his source is, especially after the accuracy with which he predicted the Chadli transfer. He would then have to be ultra careful with the information he posted on here?

(However, the Spurs fan in me, sooooooooo wants him to be right!)

I read they were interested in Fred last week on a Valencia forum...want a link?

I was just saying, I hope there's some truth to it. MadridSpurs is well respected, I don't really care what you think.Your argument is always the same, the media said this on that day blah blah yet I bet like most you're always dismissing the media as full of crap and speculation too so you can't have it both ways. You're so against the notion that anyone outside football ever picks up football info it's hilarious....

I've always been baffled by those who are obsessed to be itk. I find it quite odd that there are grown adult men who seem to crave acceptance and attention from other grown adult men (mostly strangers they will mever meet) by typing words on an internet forum. Its a funny old world.

I was just saying, I hope there's some truth to it. MadridSpurs is well respected, I don't really care what you think.Your argument is always the same, the media said this on that day blah blah yet I bet like most you're always dismissing the media as full of crap and speculation too so you can't have it both ways. You're so against the notion that anyone outside football ever picks up football info it's hilarious....

by who? i don't even know who he is. All i know is you stated he mentioned something yesterday to which i replied the same thing was mentioned a week ago by Valencia fans who think it's a given he's joining them. I didn't think you mentioned that Madridspurs mentioned it yesterday simply to state that you hope there's truth in it but if you say you did then who am i to argue.

by who? i don't even know who he is. All i know is you stated he mentioned something yesterday to which i replied the same thing was mentioned a week ago by Valencia fans who think it's a given he's joining them. I didn't think you mentioned that Madridspurs mentioned it yesterday simply to state that you hope there's truth in it but if you say you did then who am i to argue.

Ok, well I guess this is a pointless debate for this thread and I do agree with your opinion of ITKs in general. There are definitely some good ITKs out there mate, but its a pointless argument - we all believe what we want to.

Anyway, I hope what Mumorm and a couple of others have said is correct and Soldado is ours. Him turning up for training doesnt mean anything, he wasnt even dressed for training....

There are some real ITKs out there and they're easy to spot.

Firstly there's nothing cryptic, there's no wriggle room, no "blue and yellow" to be interpreted as any two of two thousand players. They make a statement of fact like Mumorn's Soldado post.

Secondly they say it before the press does. Any old POTL can repeat what a journo is saying. If I could be bothered I'd ring up a friend and find out what the Mirror are printing tomorrow - that's not ITK.

Thirdly they are right. Saying 100 different things and being right on 2 or 3 doesn't count, they have to be right the vast majority of the time.

Not much to it really.

There are some real ITKs out there and they're easy to spot.

Firstly there's nothing cryptic, there's no wriggle room, no "blue and yellow" to be interpreted as any two of two thousand players. They make a statement of fact like Mumorn's Soldado post.

Secondly they say it before the press does. Any old POTL can repeat what a journo is saying. If I could be bothered I'd ring up a friend and find out what the Mirror are printing tomorrow - that's not ITK.

Thirdly they are right. Saying 100 different things and being right on 2 or 3 doesn't count, they have to be right the vast majority of the time.

Not much to it really.

It's oft difficult to say things before the press though, simply because the press make up things far before things actually take place.

Back