• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

doesn't sound like the same kind of player as Berbatov going by others who know Spanish football on here, more of a goal scorer than anything else.

his record in Spain for several years now is 1 in 2 (slightly over that iirc actually) he is first choice for the national team where he also has a 1 in 2 record

I dont think we need a Berbatov - not sure we need a hold the ball up top type player. We need a goalscorer - who would score those chances that we missed against the likes of Sunderland, Swansea etc

I would love a clinical goalscorer and he is just that

Last edited:
Expect an announcement on the OS shortly. Thats what im being told .... is exactly what I would write if we had an ITK drop box ... Beaver

How good does everyone think he'll be? Berba material? Better?

I haven't seen a lot from him bar from the typical youtube videos, which depict him as a good finisher (surprise surprise...). But is he good at hold up play etc?

I think the best comparison for me is to signing Lineker in 1989 (Soldado is more than a year younger than Lineker was). He (along with a young Gascoigne) was the icing on the cake of what was a decent side Venables was rebuilding (having lost Hoddle, Waddle and others from Pleat's 87 side). The Lineker signing pushed us on to a third place finish and FA cup win, and should have been the start of greater things if the finances hadn't gone tits up.

I dont think we need a Berbatove - not sure we need a hold the ball up top type player. We need a goalscorer - who would score those chances that we missed against the likes of Sunderland, Swansea etc

well, I guess we miss a clinical finisher who has a good conversion rate, seems to fit the bill with that in mind. But wouldn't hurt if he's capable of taking down Dawsons hoofs and doing something relevant.

I like Bernat, think I mentioned him on here last season, or perhaps on SC. Either way he looks a decent player.

Do you mean Benat? (From Real Betis Balompe, who has just moved back to Athletic Bilbao). He would have been a decent squad addition at CM in terms of creativity had we moved earlier.. not sure I've ever seen Bernat play before!

Soldado will sign within 48 hours. Quote me on that.

Balls are on the line, just like Chadli.

doesn't sound like the same kind of player as Berbatov going by others who know Spanish football on here, more of a goal scorer than anything else.

his record in Spain for several years now is 1 in 2 (slightly over that iirc actually) he is first choice for the national team where he also has a 1 in 2 record

Is this actually true, as at the age of 28 he has 11 apps for Spain. Hardly Relevant to a goal to game ratio.

@spurspanyol: In regards to Bernat wishing Soldado well. Again, don't read too much into those quotes. He actually said, "If he goes, I wish him well."

I presume Mumorn is just taking the tinkle. I don't think sarcasm comes over well on the internet.

Back