• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

RIP David Bowie

Just because you are born into a 'class' it does not mean you need to stay there...I should, at this point, add that this sentiment is a general one and in no way applies directly to Stewart Lee, who frankly I know so little about you could tell me he was Bruce's cousin and I'd believe you!!!!! I will, however, check him out now :):)
He's very much the type who would be an Arsenal fan - smug, pretentious, overweight, Guardian reader. Very much the Islington type.

Well educated and middle class but thoroughly ashamed of both. Talks about University the way Bill Clinton refers to marijuana.

Used to be funny when he did abstract stuff but since has got more political and is just a dingdong.

He's very much the type who would be an Arsenal fan - smug, pretentious, overweight, Guardian reader. Very much the Islington type.

Well educated and middle class but thoroughly ashamed of both. Talks about University the way Bill Clinton refers to marijuana.

Used to be funny when he did abstract stuff but since has got more political and is just a dingdong.

You do know that his stage persona is a character. I've met him once and know a few people who know him and evidently he is a really nice bloke. He is obviously left wing but I do not think that he is ashamed of being middle class. He'd never support Arsenal (or any football team) and lives in Hackney. He's very wrong about Bowie though.

Sounds entertaining. Rather like the absolute mugs on 606 earlier, good grief, an hour of whinging gooners, unbelievable...made me realize that some of the post-Thursday reactions on this forum leave us perilously close to them on occasion, something we need to firmly press the next time such pifflery erupts.

Well played Milo, well played.

I now have to out myself as a Bowie fan because there's no way I could align my opinions with such a person as Stewart Lee. I defy anyone to find a clamier man than him - the only one I can think of who runs him close is Russell Brand.

Had those opinions been posited by anyone else I'd find myself forced to agree with almost every word. Obviously I don't like Ska though. I'm not a monster.
Really? I thought the Bowie thing was a weird aberration but obviously not.

Back