• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

That’s a really good question. Depends if he can keep up this purple patch until the end of the season. At the very least, I still think we need another wide forward/striker. Other than Son, I feel none of our forwards are elite. If you want to challenge for titles then just look around at the competition in the PL at the teams that are challenging; Arsenal have Saka and Martinelli, Liverpool have Jota and Salah, Emirates Marketing Project have Haaland and Alvarez. That’s what we’re competing with.

I'm not sure how much its a purple patch and how much its the team playing well together.

What I mean I guess is that often someone like Bale for instance, scored worldies that the team had very little to do with - he created the situation from him own skill and we all gawped.

That second goal from Richi at the weekend was the first one I've thought "he had to make something of that" - the rest were simply the team playing a system which means if you are in position A at time B there's a ball coming, direct it into the net (Johnson's two goals for us have come that way).

As such I think if he's worked out the way to play in the system, its not form, its muscle memory. Which to me would say he's going to get a goal a game or thereabouts for the rest of the season, say 2 in 3 to not be crazy optimistic.

15 games to go, that's another 10 goals. So my back of a napkin maths suggests he will finish the season with 20 goals to his name.

As will Son by similar maths.

I'm not sure how much its a purple patch and how much its the team playing well together.

What I mean I guess is that often someone like Bale for instance, scored worldies that the team had very little to do with - he created the situation from him own skill and we all gawped.

That second goal from Richi at the weekend was the first one I've thought "he had to make something of that" - the rest were simply the team playing a system which means if you are in position A at time B there's a ball coming, direct it into the net (Johnson's two goals for us have come that way).

As such I think if he's worked out the way to play in the system, its not form, its muscle memory. Which to me would say he's going to get a goal a game or thereabouts for the rest of the season, say 2 in 3 to not be crazy optimistic.

15 games to go, that's another 10 goals. So my back of a napkin maths suggests he will finish the season with 20 goals to his name.

As will Son by similar maths.
If you're right about that it's a pretty scary proposition for our opponents. This scoring run from him has come during one of our worst runs of performances this season. If we click into gear again and start creating even more and it's "muscle memory" he'll keep scoring for fun.

I do think he's been more clinical than his standard, but even if that's true an upswing in our overall performances could see him scoring at a very high rate even if his finishing "regresses".

If you're right about that it's a pretty scary proposition for our opponents. This scoring run from him has come during one of our worst runs of performances this season. If we click into gear again and start creating even more and it's "muscle memory" he'll keep scoring for fun.

I do think he's been more clinical than his standard, but even if that's true an upswing in our overall performances could see him scoring at a very high rate even if his finishing "regresses".
Its got to be a possibility I'm right (even a broken clock is right twice a day!) - my logic is simple though - the fundamentals of how Ange wants to play is that we're set up to score goals - I'd be terrible at the workrate stuff in that team, but if my job was to make runs into the box as a winger got to the byline and drilled it over, I'd score 10 a season - a 45 year old with a bust hip!

Richi is a strong mobile hard worker - he's not blessed with huge amounts of guile or even an enormous level of skill in the context of a game, yet its very simple - when Werner or Johnson (Kulu is a blot on this atm) get to the byline and squares into the box he's making a run across the front post and getting a touch and scoring. That's not seven step overs, beating three men and then giving the keeper the eyes as you nestle it into the bottom corner, its an instinctive touch at pace. Sonny was doing similar when pretty off form earlier in the season in terms of his all round game play - his goals actually disguised the time it took him to get back up to something like his 2022 form.

You're bang on that its scary for opposition - we are doing all we're doing while presented with the toughest challenge in terms of personnel (players injured or moving on to pastures new) we've had since Bale left 11 years ago. Putting the significant injuries and absences for a moment, we've blooded:

a new first choice keeper,
two new centre halves,
a new left back,
a new central midfielder,
four new forwards,

All the while we're doing that we've been picking up points and scoring at a rate of 2.1 goals a game and 1.9 points per game. Thats a final tally of 72 points end of season. That's enough for 4th the last two seasons and 3rd the two seasons before that.

I'll take that.

The nature of his two goals at the weekend bodes well for the rest of the season. It's not just tap-ins or close range headers that he's scoring.

The nature of his two goals at the weekend bodes well for the rest of the season. It's not just tap-ins or close range headers that he's scoring.
Agreed. Really liked the look of the two shots from range against Brentford. Really good strikes even though they didn't hit the target. Then that beautiful shot against Everton.

Seems to be playing with all kinds of confidence. Just hope it continues.

did well but faded away towards the end of the everton game. could be lack of match fitness, or the previous match was just too close.

The majority of goals have been tap ins which is absolutely fine as it shows he’s getting in the right areas. But the Everton goals were top quality. You need to score a variety of goals as a forward. He’s clearly very good in the air, if he can continue getting in those dangerous areas then he will continue to get goals.

The majority of goals have been tap ins which is absolutely fine as it shows he’s getting in the right areas. But the Everton goals were top quality. You need to score a variety of goals as a forward. He’s clearly very good in the air, if he can continue getting in those dangerous areas then he will continue to get goals.

He's very good in the air, think his first 5 goals for us (when he was really struggling) were headers

The system/patterns are setup for tap ins, as you mentioned the Everton goals showed a lot more technique than normal.

Really chuffed for him, glad he feels he can open up, shows there is more to players than just how we judge them (myself included who can be harsh on them).

I think its key to remember that coming to Spurs is a different experience, I saw it mentioned last week about Johnson and coming to a big club and needing time, it can't ever be underestimated

Back