• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Repetitive bickering and point scoring about money and our transfer policy

Re: what has happened to the transfer section?

You're missing the point.

Someone claimed that the report stated we don't have any money to spend and another said we have very little. I then stated we must have money to spend because we bid a substantial amount on Moutinho.

Ok the 08/09 season where we signed countless players (Bentley, Modric, Gio etc etc etc) or the january transfer window that year (Keane, defoe, palacios etc etc). IF all those players were signed on instalments with little to no down payment, does that change the fact that we spent all that money on those players? would people say "oh we didn't really have the money to spend but it was instalments so it's ok"? no they wouldn't. We spent 100m odd because we had that cash to spend (regardless of whether it was instalments or not)

You're missing the point.

Someone claimed that the report stated we don't have any money to spend and another said we have very little. I then stated we must have money to spend because we bid a substantial amount on Moutinho.

Ok the 08/09 season where we signed countless players (Bentley, Modric, Gio etc etc etc) or the january transfer window that year (Keane, defoe, palacios etc etc). IF all those players were signed on instalments with little to no down payment, does that change the fact that we spent all that money on those players? would people say "oh we didn't really have the money to spend but it was instalments so it's ok"? no they wouldn't. We spent 100m odd because we had that cash to spend (regardless of whether it was instalments or not)

Signing a player on installments is not much different to me than loaning money from the bank to sign a player apart form the interest payments of course.

The claim was that we don't have much money. We can be in a situation where we don't have much money, but make bids based on installments. Just like you can have little money, but make a bid based on loaning money at a bank if they will let you.

I don't think anyone has claimed that there have been financial reports saying that we have no money to spend in the summer or that we can't make any signings.

It said we didn't have any money to spend after last season, and unless you can point out something that makes you think we've suddenly come into a heap of cash, then this seasons financial report will be similar.

How do you know we didn't spend? I would call £45m or so on a new training ground spending quite well really.

Actually that's exactly what somebody did claim which is why Moutinho was brought up.

Last edited:

Actually that's exactly what somebody did claim.

And we didn't.

You are trying to play the 'what if game' where clubs magically start selling us players and asking for nothing up front. Which is theoretically possible, but will never actually happen.

Which is why we couldn't get Moutinho, we couldn't afford what they wanted up front.

We're going in circles.

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Ahh damn, terrible result. Would have been nice for Chelsea to drop points and make our job somewhat easier.

Chelsea and Arsenal have been on a ridiculous run, both of them. Frankly if they get top 4 they will have deserved it, they performed when it matters.

To be honest with our strike force, with the Sandro and Kaboul injuries, with the sales we made in the summer and the fact that this is a transitional season with a new manager implementing vastly different playing ideas with a largely unsuited squad, to be where we are is fudging brilliant. Next season will be the one where we have to really challenge, because I can't see how much better Arsenal and Chelsea can get. They can only sign so many players. We have space to improve and I'm fully confident we will do.

We can still get 4th but it will take some miraculous luck. We need to win 3 games and it isn't easy at all. Our rivals are not dropping points, they are not doing us favours. Still a good season though.

Ahh damn, terrible result. Would have been nice for Chelsea to drop points and make our job somewhat easier.

Chelsea and Arsenal have been on a ridiculous run, both of them. Frankly if they get top 4 they will have deserved it, they performed when it matters.

To be honest with our strike force, with the Sandro and Kaboul injuries, with the sales we made in the summer and the fact that this is a transitional season with a new manager implementing vastly different playing ideas with a largely unsuited squad, to be where we are is fudging brilliant. Next season will be the one where we have to really challenge, because I can't see how much better Arsenal and Chelsea can get. They can only sign so many players. We have space to improve and I'm fully confident we will do.

We can still get 4th but it will take some miraculous luck. We need to win 3 games and it isn't easy at all. Our rivals are not dropping points, they are not doing us favours. Still a good season though.

that optisism simply isnt allowed here. I agree though, It's been a great season really.

Solid post. :)

Unfortunately, while Arsenal and Chelsea may not be able to get much better -we can get weaker through loss of key players. If there is no CL you just know there will be huge pressure from other clubs to buy key players. My nightmare scenario is losing CL football to Arsenal and Chelsea, and losing Bale to Man U [please don't let that happen footballing gods whoever you are].

both have got massive room to improve. Chelsea should be challenging for the title, and Arse are over performing with the current squad. A few signings and they kick on

us?? no CL again, another failure for the players to stomach, it will be a big challenge to lift the players

and the fact that this is a transitional season with a new manager implementing vastly different playing ideas with a largely unsuited squad, to be where we are is fudging brilliant.

Ancelotti achieved his objectives in his first season - I don't think it is unreasonable to expect AVB to achieve his

Which is why we couldn't get Moutinho, we couldn't afford what they wanted up front.

How could possibly know that for certain - were you in the room during the discussions?

Absolute speculation - another GG myth which will soon be accepted as truth if enough posters repost it

Last edited:

Now its a transitional season is it ? :lol:

It seems like every season is one at Tottenham. What next ? Bale goes and we have another transition season? Levy and Avb have a rift over money and we have another few transition seasons.

The fact is when you have players like Bale, LLoris, Modric, Van der Vaart, Vertonghen and others, you dont have transition seasons you win titles.

We keep on changing managers, so they're always going to be transition seasons.

Last edited:

Now its a transitional season is it ? :lol:

It seems like every season is one at Tottenham. What next ? Bale goes and we have another transition season? Levy and Avb have a rift over money and we have another few transition seasons.

The fact is when you have players like Bale, LLoris, Modric, Van der Vaart, Vertonghen and others, you dont have transition seasons you win titles.

We keep on changing managers, so they're always going to be transition seasons.

What would you describe as a transitional season recently if not this one?

What would you describe as a transitional season recently if not this one?

My point is there is always something... Why cant we finish above Arsenal? Is that impossible?

I dont care if its a transition season, because next one might be aswell, if Bale goes, it will be the season after bale leaves so a transitional season.

How could possibly know that for certain - were you in the room during the discussions?

Absolute speculation - another GG myth which will soon be accepted as truth if enough posters repost it

No, but as was stated in the news, the structure of the deal was not good enough for spurs.

It's as speculative as saying we have lots of money to spend.

And if Modric had felt for one second that things were changing at this club, then he would have stayed.

flimflam.

Modric wanted out.

Especially once Madrid wanted him in.

Nothing we could have said (that didn't belong to Lala Land) would have changed his mind.

Why is a transitional season used as an excuse?

Every year, the same excuses.

Chairman has to spend, and properly. Hasnt spent for three seasons after spending over 30m on bent and Bentley. He dont know what hes doing.

No, but as was stated in the news, the structure of the deal was not good enough for spurs.

It's as speculative as saying we have lots of money to spend.

Who said we have lots of money to spend?

I thought the argument was "no money" vs money on the right player?

The news? Oh dear . .

You have been pushing it as a fact last few pages - I simply made reference to the fact you know as much as me about what actually happened

We are certainlt not broke - as much as the pro-Levy crowd like to scream about

Back