• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Repetitive bickering and point scoring about money and our transfer policy

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

My stance on the subject is to accept that people have differing opinions. My stance is to accept that I am not entitled to pigeon hole people simply because of their differing opinions. My stance is to argue maturely against those opinions if I happen to disagree with them. That's what grown up debate is.

Quite the opposite of your stance, it seems. You appear to be so threatened by differing opinions that you resort to gratuitously attaching inaccurate labels to anyone who dissents from your point of view. It seems that that is your only means of discrediting what they have to say. You are incapable of arguing against the points being made so you resort to playground name calling instead.

As I said..........tedious.

Oh the ironing - I won't even bother looking for some of your quotes towards me from a few weeks back. Real mature grown-up debate.

By contrast, you resort to tossing around labels as your only means of discrediting those with whom you disagree. Why? Because your case is weak? Or because you lack the intellect to argue what is actually a strong case? Or because you are just a child? Or a troll?

Another pathetic insult from the mature debater that is yourself -well done big man - you win the internet.

Is your stance to accept different opinions? Strange - all you ever seem to do in these kind of threads is either copy/paste some info from the skyscraper forums or state as fact what we can and cannot do financially - in addition to refuting anyone who dares to post something against DL. Calling you up on some these is not discrediting you - that would be the equivalent of saying you're taking gonad*s or similar insults (see above) - don't recall such occurence taking place. In addition you seem to take offence to anyone refusing to acknowledge your 'points'. It is clear as daylight you mainly seem to populate the Levy threads these days - so for anyone to suggest you might have a point to make is hardly heresy now, is it? So before you start passing judgement on faceless internet zoids on who is arguing maturely and who is squeaing like a stuck pig (which is to read as - who is arguing on your side or not) - perhaps take an objective look of your very own approach

Last edited:

Whichever, it's just amusing that whenever anyone remotely returns the favour and attaches a label to you, you do squeal like a stuck pig.

It is you who took great offence to this 'label' - go back through the pages if you wish

thats where i have heard that from before

The Untouchables...just before the assasin in the white suit gets chucked off the top of the building

I'd forgotten about that!

Good movie. One of Brian De Palma's best. Classic scene on the steps at Union Station.

Is your stance to accept different opinions? Strange - all you ever seem to do in these kind of threads is either copy/paste some info from the skyscraper forums or state as fact what we can and cannot do financially - in addition to refuting anyone who dares to post something against DL. Calling you up on some these is not discrediting you - that would be the equivalent of saying you're taking gonad*s - don't recall such occurence taking place. In addition you seem to take offence to anyone refusing to acknowledge your 'points'. It is clear as daylight you mainly seem to populate the Levy threads these days - so for anyone to suggest you might have a point to make is hardly heresy now, is it? So before you start passing judgement on faceless internet zoids on who is arguing maturely and who is squaling like a stuck pig (which is to read as - who is arguing on your side or not) - perhaps take an objective look of your very own approach

It's quite simple, really.

I have no problem with you arguing against any and every point that I have to make (or anyone else, for that matter). But you cannot expect anyone to treat you as anything other than a child or a troll until you can do so without the tedious resort to labelling as your only means of discrediting a dissenting opinion.

It is you who took great offence to this 'label' - go back through the pages if you wish

I don't take "great offence". I just find it tedious.

But - and this is the point - I'm not the one who goes around attaching silly, little labels to people with differing opinions so, unlike you, I'm not guilty of hypocrisy when I express my impatience with such labels.

It's quite simple, really.

I have no problem with you arguing against any and every point that I have to make (or anyone else, for that matter). But you cannot expect anyone to treat you as anything other than a child or a troll until you can do so without the tedious resort to labelling as your only means of discrediting a dissenting opinion.

Jimmy - I strongly advise you revisit your last 10-odd replies towards me and see who resorted to 'labelling', 'assumptions' and 'insults'.

Until then - I have very little interest to pursue this any further with a man who seems to believe cyber-insults are means of asserting your intellectual superiority and 'winning' the argument. Unless you wish to descend down to name calling but I only have 30 points credit left and refuse to waist it on you - you're not that special, sorry

So long, 'fella'

Last edited:

Jimmy - I strongly advise you revisit your last 10-odd replies towards me and see who resorted to 'labelling', 'assumptions' and 'insults'.

Until then - I have very little interest to pursue this any further with a man who seems to believe cyber-insults are means of asserting your intellectual superiority and 'winning' the argument. Unless you wish to descend down to name calling but I only have 30 points credit left and refuse to waist it on you - you're not that special, sorry

So long, 'fella'

have you honestly not worked out by now that a large majority of people on this board think your an absolute tool

Bigger than yourself - doubt it

Ill admit i have my moments on here but I dont have most people rowing with me every time I post like you do though, have you not thought it may be how you act ???

Re: what has happened to the transfer section?

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html

Ah no, i'm wrong, they've just referred to him as Giovani when buying, and then giovani dos santos when selling.

But the purchase years of some of the players are different.

i dont think the purchase years are wrong, i think it depends when exactly the players were signed as to which season they were included eg Modric and GDS were signed before July 1st 2008 so seem to be included in the 2007/2008 section

You asked what could have been missing.

Something like that in place could affect our transfer kitty significantly

Yet someone with most of the knowledge would have a far greater understanding than someone with none of it?

I'll have to remember to point out that we can't know the club has money next time you attempt to point out that we do.. :p

Lennon not a footballer. Now I've heard it all,up there with Valencia being streets ahead of him.

Yet someone with most of the knowledge would have a far greater understanding than someone with none of it?

I'll have to remember to point out that we can't know the club has money next time you attempt to point out that we do.. :p

You've lost me here - simply answered your query

Lennon not a footballer. Now I've heard it all,up there with Valencia being streets ahead of him.

Lennon and Valencia share a couple of similar traits.....inconsistent and frustrating

Back