• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Repetitive bickering and point scoring about money and our transfer policy

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

i like him more now personally, dude looks at both sides and his posts leave me with little wiggle room to argue against him these days

i think my mood on here is somehow directly linked with how i get on with him

weird.

i even see KD agreeing with him...:eek:

I think the same tbh.

who am i to judge him but personally speaking he's become a very fair and balanced poster now. I've seen him recently see both sides of the argument for Arry, both sides of the argument for Levy, and both sides of the argument for AVB.

I don't understand, you want to debate Levy - you post something negative about him - someone who doesn't agree with that challenges it or vice versa

Isn't that the start of discussion/debate?

Seems anytime someone challenges it we get the "oh we can't speak badly of the chairman" on here type gonad*s. It seems to me some just want others to post in agreement rather than offer opposition

Yep.

It's nothing less than hypocrisy.

If someone posts criticism of Levy, it's just opinion and debate.

If someone defends Levy, it's because they're a Levy acolyte.

Tedious.

It's just your stance on the subject, jimmy - why take it so personal? It's not an insult, is it?

Re: what has happened to the transfer section?

Our projected income for starters?

Future expenditure / projects

Future potential advertising deals in place

Future sponsorship

etc.

So you admit you're 'pro' then?

Nope.

I admit only that you squeal like a stuck pig whenever you think that someone has unfairly pigeon holed you, yet you have no compunction about repeatedly and childishly engaging in such behaviour yourself.

I think you're capable of engaging in a higher level of debate but, for some reason, you just can't seem to help yourself.

Nope.

I admit only that you squeal like a stuck pig whenever you think that someone has unfairly pigeon holed you, yet you have no compunction about repeatedly and childishly engaging in such behaviour yourself.

I think you're capable of engaging in a higher level of debate but, for some reason, you just can't seem to help yourself.

You squeal just as much when someone dares to expose some glaring questions in the Man's approach - how is that different, I have no idea.

tbf i have blocked that one from my mind as well

Our projected income for starters?

Future expenditure / projects

Future potential advertising deals in place

Future sponsorship

etc.

Future things? You can quite easily come up with a budget based on those reports and adjust it as and when you find out about future things. Sponsorships are easy, because our new sponsorships for next season have been announced. Giving you an accurate basis to predict the clubs accounts.

Projected income? It states the actual income.

Future things? You can quite easily come up with a budget based on those reports and adjust it as and when you find out about future things. Sponsorships are easy, because our new sponsorships for next season have been announced. Giving you an accurate basis to predict the clubs accounts.

Projected income? It states the actual income.

There might be massive deals in the pipeline which are not showcased in the document - that was my main point

id say that seems realistic. 15 mill before player sales. So if we manage to get rid of a few then the pot will grow.

Actually the new premiership tv money and prize money in 2011-12 was around 58m, if the scenario stays the same then this would go up to 85m

I think the maths are easy, next season should we finish 4th again, then the budget will go up 27m

Finishing 8th likely means a jump in the budget of only 20m

So, whatever happens, no way will we only have 15m to spend this coming season.

2011-12

PL-TV-income-11-12-split.jpg

Future years with the new deal, scenario 1 is where overseas uncome remains constant.

PL-TV-split-13-14-forecasts1.jpg

Read the full article

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...ng-where-the-money-goes-and-what-next-190601/

Last edited:

Sorry, but at which point did a say otherwise?

Their 'response' if anything shows the sensitivity to the issue of criticising the maan

why all this talk of not being able to discuss/question Levy then?

It's just your stance on the subject, jimmy - why take it so personal? It's not an insult, is it?

My stance on the subject is to accept that people have differing opinions. My stance is to accept that I am not entitled to pigeon hole people simply because of their differing opinions. My stance is to argue maturely against those opinions if I happen to disagree with them. That's what grown up debate is.

Quite the opposite of your stance, it seems. You appear to be so threatened by differing opinions that you resort to gratuitously attaching inaccurate labels to anyone who dissents from your point of view. It seems that that is your only means of discrediting what they have to say. You are incapable of arguing against the points being made so you resort to playground name calling instead.

As I said..........tedious.

There might be massive deals in the pipeline which are not showcased in the document - that was my main point

And?

I'd rather work out a projected budget giving me some idea of where the club is at before any major deals, than sit here and just shout that 'Levy has money why does he not spend it!' When some clearly have no idea what the clubs financial status is. (not directed at you)

The more i know about it, the more i am able to actually discuss it. Not knowing anything about it doesn't stop some though. (not directed at you personally either)

Discussing 'Net transfer spend' is like going to a book club having only read the blurb.

Last edited:

why all this talk of not being able to discuss/question Levy then?

It was a 'figure of speech' (repeat again) for the instant response for some his biggest disciples on here who appear within minutes

Last edited:

Nope.

thats where i have heard that from before

The Untouchables...just before the assasin in the white suit gets chucked off the top of the building

You squeal just as much when someone dares to expose some glaring questions in the Man's approach - how is that different, I have no idea.

Big difference.

I argue maturely against an opinion with which I disagree. That's not squealing. That's debate. You really ought to have understood that by now.

By contrast, you resort to tossing around labels as your only means of discrediting those with whom you disagree. Why? Because your case is weak? Or because you lack the intellect to argue what is actually a strong case? Or because you are just a child? Or a troll?

Whichever, it's just amusing that whenever anyone remotely returns the favour and attaches a label to you, you do squeal like a stuck pig.

Back