• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Reducing My Sky Bill

How much are you guys paying for hd?

I have all packages, movies and sport I had ahalf price (now 21pcm), line rental,
@14pcm, intl calls @5pcm, broadband and its appx 70pcm and thats sd.

Dont play the leaving line then
Play the cancellation line.
I called two weeks ago to cancel sports and movies (said I couldn't justify it at full.price), the guy offered me sports and movies for 21per month for the next year.

I asked if he could do better as I still wasn't sure. I took it in the end.

Yep, that what i did. I wasnt expecting them to discount it so much either!

For those with Sky

I wanna know something

I am due to get my first sky bill on 29th - four days after activating it. They are also expecting ANOTHER payment on the 15th.

Why am I being billed twice in the first month? I have asked them and they only spoke about the 15th and how I can change it when I want etc. But what about the 29th one. I would expect the 29th as im expecting to make advanced payments - so thats not the issue.

Probably a part payment then you will switch to a regular payment going forward. They do bill you in advance is about all I know.

Just add up the amounts and if they seem right then don't worry about it.

Probably a part payment then you will switch to a regular payment going forward. They do bill you in advance is about all I know.

Just add up the amounts and if they seem right then don't worry about it.

Its the same amount. Ill just change the payment date from 15th to the 29th and hey presto one month in advance.

How much are you guys paying for hd?

I have all packages, movies and sport I had ahalf price (now 21pcm), line rental,
@14pcm, intl calls @5pcm, broadband and its appx 70pcm and thats sd.

We've got full HD package, phone and broadband and pay about £90 a month I think?

I'm loving Sky-Go on the ipad as well (free for subscribers) - They've just upgraded it so you can actually download programs/films to watch later.

Got rid of multi-room today saving me 10 pm. Noticed line rental has gone up 2 quid and Entertainment plus has gone up a quid or two! My bill was 60 and now 63. So without multiroom its 53. Still tempted to go BT for phone + broadband

We've got full HD package, phone and broadband and pay about £90 a month I think?

I'm loving Sky-Go on the ipad as well (free for subscribers) - They've just upgraded it so you can actually download programs/films to watch later.

Costs an extra £5 a month. Good if you travel a lot I guess.

Costs an extra £5 a month. Good if you travel a lot I guess.

Sky-Go is free. You can watch whichever channels match the subscription you have for your Sky TV package. So full package = full sky-go for free.

I believe that if you don't get the full package you can still watch whatever you want (ie - sky sports) but then it gets added to your monthly bill? Not sure, but definitely, as a full subscriber, everything I watch on it is free.

Sky-Go is free. You can watch whichever channels match the subscription you have for your Sky TV package. So full package = full sky-go for free.

I believe that if you don't get the full package you can still watch whatever you want (ie - sky sports) but then it gets added to your monthly bill? Not sure, but definitely, as a full subscriber, everything I watch on it is free.

Aaah I get you (just googled it). The Sky-Go 'Extra' (for downloading) is an extra £5 per month.

Aaah I get you (just googled it). The Sky-Go 'Extra' (for downloading) is an extra £5 per month.

Sky Go is free for me.

If you all have parents with the full sky package then use their Sky Go on the laptop and HDMi to TV. Oldies won't really be using it unless they have a tablet.

My Bill - I guess I see it as £4 a day rather than £120 month. One thing that is highlighted by Sky bills is the small amount we use the home phone anymore, but use the mobile instead.

28mfd5c.png

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/10/bt-gauntlet-sky-sports-coverage?CMP=twt_gu

it seems like BT are going to be big players in the tv providers market,i can see them either joining up with virgin or buying them out in the next year or so.

seem to be buying everything off espn and setting up their own sports channels,be interesting how much it will cost especially if they join up with virgin and compete with sky.

I honestly don't see a BT/Virgin merger happening. Big rivals.

Must admit this has shocked me. I never knew tv was so expensive.

I actually think Sky TV for £85 is decent value. I can though see why people think its expensive though. Its gone up around £20 in the last 5 years. But I do like a movie and me and the misses do have a lot of movie nights together (10 a month which at the cinema would be £200). I watch a lot of sport too.
Not forgetting I work from home these days and terrestrial tv is kinda crap in comparison, during the day all it is is auctions, celeb mag chat, wrongun chat shows and looking for a better life programmes, which gets brick after a while. I think the new Sky Atlantic channel definitely elevates the sky service.

My ESPN will be cancelled in May.

Will be interesting to see how BT plays its channel, will they just do the same as ESPN and be part of the SKY service. Ultimately the majority of willing pay tv customers are with sky already, cannot see many willing to buy more boxes. ESPN also have set the bench mark for the price as well. People will think if its over £10 that BT are taking the tinkle, and will not partake.

Back