• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Reducing My Sky Bill

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Anybody know who to contact at Sky, dept, number in order to try and reduce my bill

I have broadband, phone rental, HD, Sports, everything ex Movies / 3D and its £86.50 a month

Ive been with Sky for almost 2 years now and want to negotitate a cheaper package

Im sure some of you guys have done it recently but I couldnt find the thread

Last week I changed from Virgin to Sky. Was paying 98 for Virgin. With Sky I got HD package, movies, sports, broadband and telephone for 47.50 for first six months then 55 for the following six months then 65 after that. Was quite happy with that and much less than I was expecting.

Try Virgin - new customers tend to get better deals - market share and all that

Try Virgin - new customers tend to get better deals - market share and all that

i used to be with Virgin got a fantastic deal and service, where I live now isnt cable so its Sky or BT and Sky is far better than BT

Phone up the call centre and tell them you're thinking of cancelling - they almost always come up with something.

Anybody know who to contact at Sky, dept, number in order to try and reduce my bill

I have broadband, phone rental, HD, Sports, everything ex Movies / 3D and its £86.50 a month

Ive been with Sky for almost 2 years now and want to negotitate a cheaper package

Marky, I don't think you are doing too bad as it is.

I have Virgin phone, broadband and Sky TV with HD, 2 room, sports but no movies and its costing me a minimum £121 per month (depending on PPV films)

Am about to dump Sky TV for Virgin. Admittedly I will get a discount as I work for the Virgin group, but even without it would have been cheaper. Of course I realise you can't get Virgin, but what you are paying now equates to what I would get with my discount.

Marky, I don't think you are doing too bad as it is.

I have Virgin phone, broadband and Sky TV with HD, 2 room, sports but no movies and its costing me a minimum £121 per month (depending on PPV films)

Am about to dump Sky TV for Virgin. Admittedly I will get a discount as I work for the Virgin group, but even without it would have been cheaper. Of course I realise you can't get Virgin, but what you are paying now equates to what I would get with my discount.

Really, I was hoping to knock £25 off or so or at least get 3D thrown in for nothing and a discount

im paying £55 a month for sports, movies, multi room and HD. I phoned them up just basically saying i want to cancel my sports as bills are getting tighter - i did actually ant to get rid of it though. The more i said im not interested the more the price kept coming down. In the end i got this deal for a year.

In my experience you have to be prepared to actually cancel and call their hand.

Just threaten to leave. They'll give you something.

The thing is they will know that his area don't have Virgin so they will know his threat to leave is just a bluff UNLESS he actually doesn't want media services of any kind. If you threaten to cancel you will have to carry out that threat and leave if they say they can't do anything.

Sky will call his bluff - they aren't silly they do their research and know their areas etc. I can't say for certain that this is the case but I can't imagine Sky are that stupid that they don't know which areas Virgin operate and can operate in.

The thing is they will know that his area don't have Virgin so they will know his threat to leave is just a bluff UNLESS he actually doesn't want media services of any kind. If you threaten to cancel you will have to carry out that threat and leave if they say they can't do anything.

Sky will call his bluff - they aren't silly they do their research and know their areas etc. I can't say for certain that this is the case but I can't imagine Sky are that stupid that they don't know which areas Virgin operate and can operate in.

Yeh this is the thing

Really, I was hoping to knock £25 off or so or at least get 3D thrown in for nothing and a discount
Looks from your monthly bill like you're already on the full package, in which case 3D is free anyway - you just have to phone up and get them to switch it on.

Yeh this is the thing

So just say your mate said you could get freeview HD

The only move they have then is giving you the 3D stuff

Also Mark, a few people I know have phoned them and asked to trim their package down due to cost, and ended up with better deals, as Erik has done above.

Bloody hell I need to phone up Sky coz you lot seem to be doin alot better than me.

I get the full TV package (all channels not inc. HD/3D, Sports or Movies) at 25
Multiroom at 10
Line rental is bout 12.50
Unlimited broadband (not fibre optic) 7.50
Landline calls free off peak 5

When I upgrade my TV to a smart TV I will want HD/3D plus Sports atleast plus fibre optic broadband (still toying with moving over to BT infinity)... Prob wont bother with movies tho. So gonna be looking at over 100 quid!

Strange I have line rental, broadband, HD, sports and movies and it only costs me £78.50 a month.

I'm going to leave things as they are for now and wait and see what happens next season with the new football deal as BT will have a channel and actually have first pick games unlike ESPN who had leftovers choice wise. I'm betting that Sky wont reduce their prices to reflect less games but will offer BT channel for £10-£15 a month so will see if I can get that chucked in for free or something like that.

Also been looking at youview which while not amazing at the moment will get a lot better over the next few months and might be worth looking at later in the year.

Im thinking of getting rid of sky sports and movies. My mrs is more than happy with basic packages. I will keep it until this season finishes then get rid. All the series i like i can download. The only thing i will miss is the footie but as my golf hcp is 5 id rather consentrate on that now.

When you think about it, its a hell of alot of money just for TV.

Dont play the leaving line then
Play the cancellation line.
I called two weeks ago to cancel sports and movies (said I couldn't justify it at full.price), the guy offered me sports and movies for 21per month for the next year.

I asked if he could do better as I still wasn't sure. I took it in the end.

Back