• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

You know what? Take what you want, leave what you don't. Honestly, who gives a fudge mate? I dared to say, after the Fulham match, that Levy was furious and got slaughtered for it, so I decided to STFU...even African's slagging this grays geezer...like it or not, some people DO hear things from people they know who work at the club in corridors where things are said, and over the years, many of the people who hear this stuff keep quiet. Because on the rare occasion when they venture out, they're accused of being on one side or the other AND of being tossers who fictionalize for their own good and glory. Perhaps the main occupants of this forum are right, maybe those who do hear things should STFU and keep it to themselves...I'm beginning to conclude that it's back to opinion-only posts...

I was just saying that it's hard to follow what people have said. I can't be arsed to trawl back through threads to try and find who said what and when to find out if they were right or not.

Some people do hear things, but if your not going to say where you heard it you can understand why people are skeptical. THe only way around that is to have been right about stuff in the past, which once again would involve trawling back through threads, which i already said i cba to do.

Well Redknapp has history of walking out on clubs, if Levy is going to go back to a DOF it will be no surprise if he walks again.

Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth, Southampton, Spurs. 5 clubs in 30+ years of management. Other than the Portsmouth/Southampton debacle (which was a pretty unique situation) I can't really see how it can be claimed that he has a history?

I think the only problems Levy has here are financial and how to handle the storm...I'm sure HR has it all perfectly laid out in terms of patter...it's a game, like it always has been...Harry first...I have no idea of the Chelski rumors are real or not, but I'll tell you this, it would be perfect wouldn't it? A match made in heaven as Redknapp might be the only person tough and selfish enough to ride out Abramovich.

Who is your link to Levy? Or do you know him personally?

Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth, Southampton, Spurs. 5 clubs in 30+ years of management. Other than the Portsmouth/Southampton debacle (which was a pretty unique situation) I can't really see how it can be claimed that he has a history?

To his credit he most certainly isn't in the Steve Bruce league when it comes to walking.

to walk out on Portsmouth and then go to manage Southampton.....Redknapp is the south coast S*l

What's worse than Redknapp's history of walking out is his history of bankrupting clubs, leading them into relegation, sometimes even administration. Portsmouth's long-term survival is still not assured, and they'll be in the third division next season.

If you still love Harry, and there is some justification, think of how you'd feel if he's doing the same here.

Perhaps we should start looking up all those managers who've turned down the Scousers.

To say a DOF doesnt work is rather silly, near enough every club on the continent has one. In fact these are the same clubs people seem to say we need to scout players like them (Ajax, Palermo, Napoli, Sporting, Porto, Benfica, Atletico etc). Maybe the reason we dont scout players like them is because we dont have a DOF.

i remember reading last summer that Modric had a big respect for AVB and his footballing philosophy and that was one of the big attractions of wanting to move to Chelsea and chelsea only (of course the big bucks and CL were nice too) So could it be that Levy is hatching a master plan to get in AVB and this will convince Modric to give it one more year?

To say a DOF doesnt work is rather silly, near enough every club on the continent has one. In fact these are the same clubs people seem to say we need to scout players like them (Ajax, Palermo, Napoli, Sporting, Porto, Benfica, Atletico etc). Maybe the reason we dont scout players like them is because we dont have a DOF.

id say that is exactly the reason why P.D - as it currently stands managers go from club to club taking their own scouting buddies and contacts with them - what a DoF would do (and did do whilst they were here) is give us a consistent scouting network which would get built up over the years as the managers come and go (hopefully less coming and going as possible obviously)

Who is your link to Levy? Or do you know him personally?

No no, remember, I'm a trumper...not interested in explaining anything to you. Repeatedly you have reacted to conversation, discussion and the odd whisper with almost venomous zeal. Well consider it returned. how sad it's come to this, but it appears to me that when one tries to be polite and pleasant in life, there are always some who see it as weakness. So continue believing I'm a trumper, much MUCH better for both of us...

It's someone who can identify, and conclude, the deals for proper players and proper targets. It's someone who can fudging see that Edison Cavani and Luis Suarez, among others, are genuinely excellent players (I will repeat again I am delighted Suarez did not get signed in the end), it's someone who can actually fudging handle keeping a squad player like Pienaar happy, and it's someone who does not always go for "experienced" high-wage players that in 2 or 3 seasons will leave us with over-paid, underachieving deadwood. Looking forward to another slagging from you for even daring to say any of this...

So the DoF is nothing but a glorified scout? Makes no sense to me. I always thought the main role of the DoF was that the DoF chose the playing style and to an extent the tactics for the coach to implement and therefore purchased players to fit that style regardless of who the coach in charge was, thus ensuring continuation of a strategy.

Nice in theory, except the lines of who is responsible starts to get blurred. You can unblur it by ensuring the Chairman has zero to do with the Coach (thus following a sensible management line of engagement) but at what stage should do the DoF get the flak for things going wrong? How many Coaches need to come and go before hand? If the coach says to the DoF that a certain kind of player is required to be successful and the DoF over rules him then what? That's happened TWICE (and I know this for a fact) at Spurs in the last 10 years and both over the same position. A defensive midfielder.

Hoddle tells Levy one is needed, Pleat tells Levy that Hoddle is full of brick and is just making excuses. Levy decides to go back on his word to Freund and let's him go instead based entirely on Pleat's recommendation. I've always suspected that Pleat knew a defensive midfielder was needed but intentionally refused to get one in for Hoddle so that Hoddle would get fired in disgusting circumstances. Pleat's plan worked but he reaps what he sows and gets the boot too when Levy realises he was full of brick and he backed the wrong horse.

Arnesen arrives and buys THREE defensive midfielders in the first window! He wants Jol. Levy says no and hires Santini against Arnesen's wishes. Jol is appointed as number two as a peace offering.....which is against Santini's wishes. Arnesen and Jol do their best to undermine Santini. Santini walks claiming Levy mislead him. Levy realises he backed the wrong horse and Jol becomes our Manager.

Arnesen walks, Comolli comes in. Jol and Comolli don't get on. Jol says we need a replacement for Carrick. Comolli says we don't and that a box to box midfielder like Zokora is sufficient in the modern game. Levy sides with Comolli. Jol. our best Manager in the Premiership up to that point, eventually gets the boot in quite frankly disgusting circumstances. Comolli wins the power struggle and hires the Manager he wants. We win the League Cup but other than that it's a bit of a disaster. Damien "we don't need a defensive midfielder" Comolli is booted out along with his Manager. Levy realises he backed the wrong horse.

Redknapp comes in and buys? A defensive midfielder! We go on a brilliant run (pts per game average that would've seen us 6th after a disasterous start) and then finish 4th, 5th and 4th in the Premiership. It's not enough, and Levy wants rid?

Guess the real questions here are:
1) Has Levy learned that everytime we've had a DoF it's been an absolute clusterfudge?
2) Will Levy finally back the right horse? Including Redknapp we've had 7 Managers and 3 DOF's since Levy took over in 2001. That's a shocking record. Surely at some stage questions need to be asked at why the buck isn't stopping at the top?

Sorry, that's nonsense. If that was the case we'd never have bought Sandro, and wouldn't be in for Vertonghen or Remy etc

You know what? Take what you want, leave what you don't. Honestly, who gives a fudge mate? I dared to say, after the Fulham match, that Levy was furious and got slaughtered for it, so I decided to STFU...even African's slagging this grays geezer...like it or not, some people DO hear things from people they know who work at the club in corridors where things are said, and over the years, many of the people who hear this stuff keep quiet. Because on the rare occasion when they venture out, they're accused of being on one side or the other AND of being tossers who fictionalize for their own good and glory. Perhaps the main occupants of this forum are right, maybe those who do hear things should STFU and keep it to themselves...I'm beginning to conclude that it's back to opinion-only posts...

its certainly safer that way, 99.99999% of the ITK are quite frankly full of crap.

on the off chance that a very small minority hear what can only be known as a completely unsubstantiated rumour in the building of tottenham, i wont be accepting or 'taking with a pinch of salt' anything thats posted on here, UNLESS posted by someone that frequents our forums regularly thats got nothing to prove to anyone and knows full well what WILL happen when you post rumours. The chances of you fitting the latter are very high as i do know you have connections

No thanks, rumours are just that..rumours. i personally know footballers, football agents and people that work in media and sports advertising. the amount of crappy rumours that circulate is THAT much that i dont even blink when one of them tells me something. its just an excuse to talk about something. in truth...all rumours , lies and rare possibilities

i'm just happy this isnt COYS..i'd be premanently banned after the second letter

No no, remember, I'm a trumper...not interested in explaining anything to you. Repeatedly you have reacted to conversation, discussion and the odd whisper with almost venomous zeal. Well consider it returned. how sad it's come to this, but it appears to me that when one tries to be polite and pleasant in life, there are always some who see it as weakness. So continue believing I'm a trumper, much MUCH better for both of us...

Well you certainly make excuses like an ITK. Perhaps you only have ITK on Levy when Venus is aligned to Mercury, and when the happens it's all going to be purple.....

Guess the real questions here are:
1) Has Levy learned that everytime we've had a DoF it's been an absolute clusterfudge?
2) Will Levy finally back the right horse? Including Redknapp we've had 7 Managers and 3 DOF's since Levy took over in 2001. That's a shocking record. Surely at some stage questions need to be asked at why the buck isn't stopping at the top?

1) you are blaming individual mistakes on the system and despite those individual mistakes we improved considerably in that time and are still reaping the rewards of the players brought under the DoF system

you are judging a long term system on short term failure

2) a shocking record which has seen us rise from lower table to the top 5, 5 out of the last 7 seasons and the top 4, 2 out of the last 3 ?

thfcsteff, I PM'd you.

He won't reveal his source. Funny thing is, he claims he has had links for a long time and yet they've only come to light when a Manager he wants gone is having issues at the club.

Why do you have a picture of that little judas prick as your avatar? Get some self respect and choose a proper Spurs man instead.

Well you certainly make excuses like an ITK. Perhaps you only have ITK on Levy when Venus is aligned to Mercury, and when the happens it's all going to be purple.....

You know what? As I said, believe what you want to believe, but stop acting like an arsehole and baiting me. I've never afforded you that disrespect, yet you in your keyboard warriordom, like to sit there and poke away. So politely now, stop it. And stop it now please. I don't do things like "report" people to admin, but trust me, you'd be pretty near the top of my list thanks to your petty fudging comments.

If you want to discuss/debate the club we both support, wonderful. If you're only interested in acting your shoe size, then stay away from me.

Back