• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

I want Harry to stay but if Levy and him are not getting on then there is no point carrying working like that. If he really wants to sack him, then he should do it now, we need good players and we need to bring them him now. We cant spend another summer farting around.

Maybe this is the end of the Redknapp area, and something is broken, i dont know, but i want to see what he can do with 2-3 more quality players.

That basically sums it up. We need harmony and everyone pulling together. Irrespective of who is right or wrong, or whether a good job is being done Redknapp has to go if Levy has lost faith.

if all this is true hopefully Levy gets in the DoF first and then the manager, not the other way round, and the DoF has to be fully behind the appointment of the new manager otherwise there will be trouble ahead

I know I am going to get slaughtered for this but a forum is here to share information.

Have had it on good authority that there is a compensation package on the table from Spurs in return for the departure of Mr Redknapp, apparently it is small in financial terms however Spurs are keen to bring in a new boss.

i am not abusing you particularly but i would very much like to attack this post (the information )

quite frankly it sounds made up, as in plucked from the sky. you don't mention any source and you dont clarify if its a sacking or separation by mutual consent

and what counts as good authority, most of us here dont know you so your good authority could very well be your uncles friends wifes nephews janitor thats employed somewhere in london.

rumour whorage of the worst and opportunistic kind

In a quick sentence, can you tell me what a Dof does? He scouts? He manages? he looks after the money? I dont even really know, Comolli use to look for players so basically, is a dof a scout with more power?

From what I've seen it's another cook, another political power player and an increased chance in disharmony at the top!! The only time it seems to function is when the DoF has hired the Manager and that Manager was his choice.

to be fair he has named Jon Smith the agent as the source, so im sure pretty quickly we will find out if there s anything behind this because surely with all the social media out there, this rumour must be now spreading all over the place and someone will have to eventually come out and say whether its true or not

[-o<

i am not abusing you particularly but i would very much like to attack this post (the information )

quite frankly it sounds made up, as in plucked from the sky. you don't mention any source and you dont clarify if its a sacking or separation by mutual consent

and what counts as good authority, most of us here dont know you so your good authority could very well be your uncles friends wifes nephews janitor thats employed somewhere in london.

rumour whorage of the worst and opportunistic kind

he has named Jon Smith, the agent i assume, as the source....first page, about 6 or 7 posts down

he has named Jon Smith, the agent i assume, as the source....first page, about 6 or 7 posts down

really, jon smith the football agent told him this personally and he he tells people on message boards (i actually thought he was joking about that)? its kind of even worse.

for a successful football agent he is alarmingly dim to be providing people with information that would jeopardise his business

this is a joke surely.

we had someone here last year saying that his mate is good friends with DANIEL LEVY's son..and that modric was definately leaving. i knew it was bollox then cause these people arent where they are by leaking vital info.

rubbish

he said he wouldn't reveal the source and then posts jon smith ? think people are reading too much in to that post (the jon smith name)

see - this is why we don't have ITK on here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really, jon smith the football agent told him this personally and he he tells people on message boards (i actually thought he was joking about that)? its kind of even worse.

for a successful football agent he is alarmingly dim to be providing people with information that would jeopardise his business

this is a joke surely.

we had someone here last year saying that his mate is good friends with DANIEL LEVY's son..and that modric was definately leaving. i knew it was bollox then cause these people arent where they are by leaking vital info.

rubbish

like i said, because he gave such a high profile name we will soon find out if its true or not

this whole thing is flimflam. its just brick stirring to make people get used to the idea of harry leaving

edit:- the rumour. the info....is bollox ...not the poster just to clarify. i dont think the OP in particular is a brick stirrer ...but the information is brick stirring

IMO

i dont follow mate

because this rumour has been started, and a name has been given, the news will spread and it will get to the media, the media will contact Smith, and he will have to give a response....these things happen very quickly

because this rumour has been started, and a name has been given, the news will spread and it will get to the media, the media will contact Smith, and he will have to give a response....these things happen very quickly

and he will deny it or he'll be coy about it or he'll confirm it. its a one in 3 chance.

even you could do it.

it's all a bit vague - i can only outline what i would like a DoF to be ?

a person involved at a club who's job is to overlook a long term transfer policy (think youth and players u21) a person who sets up an extensive scouting network in the name of the Club - someone who the manager can call upon to scout players of his recommendation. primarily i want him to focus on youth recruitment and leave first teams affairs to the manager - the manager should have the final say on all transfers for the first team squad, the DoF should work on behalf of the manager when it comes to first team signings.

in theory i can't see a lot there that most people wouldn't get behind - it's of benefit to everyone that we have someone focusing on signing talent at all age levels not just for the first team.

I see. To me, this always ends up in tears as at some point the manager and the Dof wont agree over a players potential or whether hed fit in the formation.

Then you have the chairman who listens to one more than the other and the problems starts. I dont think it is very good for harmony, unless you have two guys who always agree, which is i believe really rare.

yeah those are the possible problems - way i see it, DoF is a long term position and should be relatively behind the scenes - the way we have gone about it in the past gives the DoF too much limelight therefore people think there is more of a problem than there actually is - all the reasons you can give for a manager falling foul of a DoF are as possible to happen with any other high rank staff member or even the chairman himself - what would happen if Levy thinks that redknapp isn't getting the best out of the players ? he'll sack him right ? what happens if Levy doesn't like the transfer targets that Redknapp puts forward ? he'll tell him that aren't viable etc etc

Last edited:
We really shouldn't be looking to go back to a DoF again, it was a disaster last time and would be again. The problem is that the manager is ultimately responsible for the way the team plays but he's not responsible for bringing in the players, so he's going to blame the quality of players and the DoF blames the manager. At least with a manager he identifies the players and then if they don't perform he's got nobody to blame but himself.

Dragon1 has said:

been told h and dl relationship at all time low and good chance h is off,i have asked re replacements and been told nowt

secondly danny rose wants to leave and we are happy for him to do so for the right offer

The ITK's have spoken...

Back