• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs QPR

Many players were involved in those goals (as it happens to be the case in football) - that is by no means a clear indication of their apparent drop in form or regression back to mediocrity

He's been more involved in the goals that we've conceded than anyone else, that fact cannot be disputed. You asked how many goals he's costed us - and I've obliged and broken it down for you. I'm not saying he was soley responsible for any of the goals, one player very rarely is.

If you read my original comment, you'll see I'm not saying Walker's form has dropped - more that he hasn't gotten any better or worse.

Last edited:
He's been more involved in the goals that we've conceded than anyone else, that fact cannot be disputed. You asked how many goals he's costed us - and I've obliged and broken it down for you. I'm not saying he was soley responsible for any of the goals, one player very rarely is.

If you ready my original comment, you'll see I'm not saying Walker's form has dropped - more that he hasn't gotten any better or worse.

No he hasn't - not to the degree you are suggesting at least

Walker is abismal defender and offers nothing to the game except running like headless chicken up-down.I thought he had material to be at least a solid attacking full-back but he lacks technique and footballing brain to do so. For now,putting him in a same sentance with Corluka is embarassing.

No he hasn't - not to the degree you are suggesting at least

What degree am I suggesting? I listed the goals that he has played a part in us conceding and explained what actually happened in those situations.

Anything else is just what you've read into my comments.

His involvment in most of these goals was negligent and largerly circumstantial - not sure you can objectively use those as a beating stick

Pretty much agree Walker defensively was brick. I was amazed when he got the wrong of Hoillet for a high ball and allowed him to shoot a volley. Thx GHod Frediel was there to make that save. Walker should get his head right, work on the basics and stop thinking he is England's Roberto Carlos!

I agree with Walker being a poor defender, it is mainly due to a lack of concentration and reading of the game. I hope it will improve with time.

I am biased because I have never rated a defender whose main attribute was attacking play (I am old fashioned like that), I didn't rated Bale neither. I would like to see what kind of player is Adam Smith, I hope again Carlisle. Caulker on the other hands seems to be a more mature/calm/effective player.

His involvment in most of these goals was negligent and largerly circumstantial - not sure you can objectively use those as a beating stick

Well in my opinion he could and should have done better. But that's just where we disagree.

Walker makes mistakes. At the moment he has nobody challenging for his position. That is not to say Walker is not a very good RB (which he is, an England international)

Walker makes mistakes. At the moment he has nobody challenging for his position. That is not to say Walker is not a very good RB (which he is, an England international)

He has Naughton to challenge him and I'd be very disappointed if he didn't get a chance at some point. Being an England international means very little in terms of quality.

He has Naughton to challenge him and I'd be very disappointed if he didn't get a chance at some point. Being an England international means very little in terms of quality.

This. He's up against Johnson. Another full back who is atrocious defensively and highly inaccurate going forwards.

Walker at least has age on his side, but that doesn't mean he will get better.

I don't think it's a lack of skill, more a lack of concentration. He seems to get caught out a fair bit, which when it involves tracking back to cover isn't too bad as he has the pace to sort the issue. The bigger problem comes from crosses from the right to the back post which he is defending. Fairly often he seems to get deceived by the flight of the ball and gets caught under it.

The good thing about this (hopefully) is that with age his concentration will improve.

People go on about Walker only being 21, but his lack of technique is not going to improve at this age. What you see now, is what you get. Yes his poor concentration, positioning and reading of the play may improve, but not his non existent ability on the ball.

Emile Heskey has 62 caps for England. Stewart Downing has 34. Jermaine Jenas has 21.

Now what does that say about Kyle, considering that he's only got 3? :)

People go on about Walker only being 21, but his lack of technique is not going to improve at this age. What you see now, is what you get. Yes his poor concentration, positioning and reading of the play may improve, but not his non existent ability on the ball.

Non-existant ability? He seems to run with the ball perfectly fine. The lack of ability is the final ball, and you can practise and improve on that.

Though it does not look like he does. 8-[

Back