• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Friedel - 5. Could do nothing with the goals, but shocking distribution. Hoofing to Defoe is just stupid.

Walker - 5. At fault for the first goal (if it wasn't a push) and needs to be a little more creative going forward.
Gallas - 6. Looked like one of those 'nervy' games he has occasionally. Giving ball away with tentative passes.
Kaboul - 7. Our MoM. Kept Saudi Sportswashing Machine forwards quiet and covered for BAE.
BAE - 4. Poor. Too many tricks that ballsed up and poor passing forward.

Lennon - 7. Looked bright but the constant switching of flanks seemed to nullify him a bit. Lovely cross for Defoe.
Livermore - 6. Seemed to disappear a bit. Still not sure if he's good enough for this level. Think I'd have prefered Huddlestone there.
Sandro - 6. Lot of tinkling about in the first half resulting in the ball being given away. Better second.

Bale - 5. A slick hair-do doesn't make you Ronaldo. Good header against the bar, but apart from that poor.
Defoe - 6. Thought he done well. Some nice movement and alert for the goal.
Sigurdsson - 4. Game totally passed him by. He was 'Jenas-like' today. Forgot he was playing apart from corners and him trying to curl one into the corner.

Last edited:
I think that was a decent performance. I think we definitely have the foundations in place to build on and go on and have a positive season.

I'm suprised by the negativity. I was pleasantly suprised.

Friedel - 6. Solid, only 'hoofed' because he had no direct options.

Walker - 4. Bad game. Was at fault for the first goal, was caught out of position by Jonas and co. too many times and delivered crosses that were essentially aimed at the Discovery Mars probe as opposed to our forwards.
Gallas - 6.5. Solid, cool, composed. Glad he's sticking around.
Kaboul - 6.5. See above.
BAE - 5.5. Couple of tricks didn't come off, but other than that positioned himself well and tried to ping cross-field balls at Lennon whenever he had the chance.

Livermore - 6. Did what he had to do. Solid, unspectacular.
Sandro - 6. See above.
Sigurdsson - 5. Tried to make things happen, but often chose the wrong option, and his shots and set pieces were sub-standard at best.

Bale - 6. Made some threatening runs forward but his lack of close control a la Ben Arfa let him down on more than one occasion.
Lennon - 7. Spurs man of the match. Was always lively and dangerous, kept the Toon defence on the back-foot whenever he had the ball.
Defoe - 6.5. Tried. Goal gives him a 0.5. Good on him.

Subs;

VdV - 4. Tried pinging the same balls Benny was pulling off - failed, more often found touch than a winger. Conceded the penalty (with a little help from Lennon) and looked rusty throughout.
Kane - 100000.

Manager:

AVB: 6.5. Did everything right, was let down by individual errors.

was unlucky to lose i thought, overall the performance was easily worth a draw and we created the majority of chances. a tough away fixture this and we can take a some positives from the game for sure.

Friedel - 6 - no chance with the goal and not much else to do
Walker - 6 - got forward well but had little impact in the final 3rd, poor header which led to the goal
Ekotto - 6 - played some good passes and worked well in tight spaces but as per usual ****ed up a couple of times trying to be too clever
Kaboul - 8 - a rock
Gallas - 5 - had the chance to block their goal but pussied out
Lennon - 7 - great first half, minimal impact in the second
Bale - 7 - had his moments, was unlucky with a a good header and caused Simpson some problems, faded as the game went on
Sandro - 6 - hit and miss
Livermore - 6 - as above
Sigurdsson - 6 - showed signs of quality but faded out
Defoe - 7 - when he got the ball he worked the defenders and fired some shots away, good work for our goal - but was a little quite overall

you know I was very impressed with Defoe, got the ball, turned his man, either passed it off or shot which tested them most of the time.

Subs;

VdV - 4. Tried pinging the same balls Benny was pulling off - failed, more often found touch than a winger. Conceded the penalty (with a little help from Lennon) and looked rusty throughout.

thought he pulled off a few good passes which put the receiver in a good position to have an attempt at goal, not all of the came off though tbf

We had a real shape today. We have players who can be really effective in this formation. I think Sandro showedd flashes of the quality we all know he posesses. I was really quite happy with it. I thought some of Lennon's runs ahead of Defoe were really really positive. Siggy needs time, but saying that he did nearly score (and was onside).

The high line wasn't a feature of the game at all; Brad had two things to do all game - pick the ball out of the net.

We definitely need a few additions but I must say that i'm chuffed with the performance and feel that there is plenty there to build on.

Sometimes you have to go slightly backwards to go forwards. I really feel that we may well emerge a better team once we've come out the other side.

thought he pulled off a few good passes which put the receiver in a good position to have an attempt at goal, not all of the came off though tbf

The ones over the top, yeah. Problem is, if you put the ball over the top when the oppo is on the edge of the penalty area, you have a tiny, tiny smidgen of space you have to put the ball in if you want a decent chance at goal. Any closer to the net and it's the keeper's ball. Any farther and the defender will just head it away. Rafa picked the wrong options there.

No way Naughton will get a chance, everyone outside this forum seems to think Walker is top notch.

(I don't)

He's brainless. Good athlete and good one on one defender, but offers nothing going forward (passing, crossing or link up), which is ironic consider he's meant to be an attacking full back.

I'm sure he can learn, but in the meantime, his 'knock and run'/terrible stepover routine is killing me.

I thought bale was a bit brick to be honest.

I thought BAE looked dodgy a couple of times.

Thought Sandra and livermore were very very good.

Lennon was quality today

Defoe did well very well with the little service he got

I think the performance highlighted what we all knew - a proper target man is needed and maybe someone in the middle to give that creativity

Friedel 6
Walker 6
Gallas 7
Kaboul 7
Ekotto 7
Sandro 7
Livermore 6.5
Lennon 7.5
Bale 7
Siggurdson 7.5
Defoe 8

VdV 6.5
Kane N/A

To be honest that game confused me a little, as Defoe definitely wasn't the problem. The formation worked well pretty much all over.

Back