• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Palace

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Lloris - 7. So quick out and a couple of good saves.

Walker - 5. Got forward well but bit sloppy defensively. Hate the way he points blame at others.
Dawson - 6. Some dodgy passing and out of position couple of times.
Vert' - 7. This blokes good.
Rose - 6. Good getting forward, but out of position at the back a few times.

Lennon - 5. So many wrong decisions and poor crossing. Seemed to tired badly toward the end.
Paulinho - 7. Looked very strong in the middle with some nice forward balls.
Dembele - 6. I find him a frustrating player. Obviously great skills, but lacks any creativity.
Chadli - 7. Good game I thought. Started slowly but much better 2nd half.

Sig' - 5. I really don't think he's good enough for us. Drifts out of the game for long periods

Soldado - 7. Well taken pen' and obvious quality in his movement.

Subs:
Capoue - 7. Looks like another monster for us in midfield
Defoe - 7. Looked very good and positive.

Lloris - 7

Walker - 6
Dawson - 6
Vertonghen - 7
Rose - 7

Lennon - 6
Paulinho - 7
Dembele - 7.5
Chadli - 6

Sig - 5.5
Soldado - 7

Subs:
Capoue - 7
Defoe - 6.5

Last edited:
Lloris - 7 - Done very well when called upon. We really have something special with him. Not many games last year where he saved us but this was one.

Walker - 6 - He was much better in the first half then the second. I love his passion though.
Dawson - 6 - Not the best game, but solid enough.
Vertonghen - 7 - You wouldn't have thought he was injured, so smooth on the ball.
Rose - 7 - I was impressed by Rose, also passionate and determined, will improve.

Lennon - 7 - Thought he was great. At times he picked the wrong pass but he kept going at it, won us the penalty.
Paulinho - 7.5 - Most impressive of all 4 debutants today in my view. Accurate passing, good on and off the ball, like he's played for us for years.
Dembele - 6 - Love how he glides around, I hope he come off to give Capoue minutes and not because he is injured or anything.
Chadli - 7 - Unlike others, I was impressed by him, think he has great balance, not afraid to run at a team and take a shot.

Sigurdsson - 6 - He was better in the second half but he really should have scored. I still prefer him on the left though.

Soldado - 7 - Goal boosts him up a rating, didn't feel like he got involved as much as I'd have liked, but he is a very cool footballer and his penalty was great.

--

Capoue - 7 - Looks as outstanding as I remember, won tackles, his passing was good too, brilliant acquisition.
Defoe - 7 - Was very good, a hungry Defoe whos not in the 11 is the best kind of Defoe in my view, should have scored though.
Kaboul - N/A - So great to see him back, such a beast in the air.

Lloris - 8

Walker - 6
Dawson - 7
Vertonghen - 7
Rose - 6

Lennon - 7
Paulinho - 7
Dembele - 6
Chadli - 6

Sig - 5
Soldado - 7 Looked so cool and will score a lot of goals if we can get him in play better

Subs:
Capoue - Looked very very good
Defoe - Nice runs but should have scored

Lloris - 7 Good double save at the end

Walker - 6 Good offensively, some sloppy moments defensivly.
Vertonghen - 7 our best defender today.
Dawson - 5,5 Alot of passes going off target and lost many duells
Rose - 6. Did little wrong, looks promising

Dembele - 6 Cp did a good job of pressing him out of the game, looked short on match fittness
Paulinho - 7 Looked like he had mostly defensive duties today, gonna be a big player for us.

Lennon - 6 A "almost" display, alot of positives today, but final ball and decision making let him down.
Siggy - 5 Knocked off the ball time and time again, shoul have scored when soldado put him through.
Chadli - 6 Tried hard but didn't quite work out for him. A bit more sharpness and he'll be ready.

Soldado - 7 Didn't get alot of service, got on the end of a few poor crosses due to good movement and an excellent pen.

Alot of positives overall today. Slightly better decision making down the wings and we would have won by a bigger margin. Conceded few chanses and generally looked comfortable. Looking forward to the next match already.

Lloris 7 - great save

Walker 6.5 - mixed bag, played our most threatning passes but some stupid ones too
Dawson 6 - please stop hoofing it
Vertonghen 7 - good
Rose 7 - good

Paulinho 6 - worked hard
Dembele 6.5 - as above but had more quality on the ball

Lennon 6 - wasteful
Sigurdsson 5 - nothing came off for him
Chadli 6 - average

Soldado 6.5 - no supply, nice penalty

Capoue 7 - looked positive
Defoe 6.5 - good run, poor finish

Overall, a rather uninspiring performance.

Lloris - 7.5. Amazing concentration, and isn't a bad tackler as well.

Walker - 5.5. Some promising passes and runs forward counter-balanced by poor crossing and occasional defensive lapses.
Dawson - 6.5. Did little wrong, save for losing Dikgacoi towards the end and giving him a shot at goal.
Verts - 6.5. Composed, carried the ball out of defense well, and dealt with the forward runs of Gayle. Hope he isn't injured again.
Rose - 6. Made the wrong decision in attack a few times, and was muscled off the ball a bit too much for my liking. Decent defensively, though.

Lennon - 5. Spent too long out wide, and became too predictable: by the end everyone on the Crystal Palace team knew he would get the ball and run for the byline nine times out of ten, making blocking his crosses easy. Needs to improve his decision-making and off the ball movement into central positions.
Paulinho - 6.5. Marshalled Palace's forward runs well, but was a bit more conservative in attack than we've been led to believe. Good display overall, though.
Dembele - 6.5. Composed, and controlled the midfield with ease. Drew multiple Palace players towards him when he had the ball.
Sigurdsson - 5. Was dispossessed too often, and missed a golden chance to put the game beyond Palace. Drifted away from the ball too often as well. Needs to improve, although it wasn't the worst display in the world.
Chadli - 6.5. Tried to link up with Rose, but his erratic runs made that difficult. Was strong and composed on the ball, though,and improved once Rose went off.

Soldado - 7.5. His movement was amazing to someone who's had to watch the fairly static Defoe and Ade in the last couple of seasons. Always trying to spring the defensive traps set up to contain him, and took his penalty with ice-cool precision. Linked up really well with Lennon and Chadli, and set up Sigurdsson with a great cut-back.

Subs:

Capoue - 6.5. Solid, and tackled well. Was caught on his heels once or twice, but that's to be expected of a PL debutant.
Defoe - 6. Missed a gilt-edged chance to put the game to bed. We don't get too many of those.

AVB - 6.5. Set the team up well, although he loses brownie points for the inexplicable exclusion of Benny.

Special mention:

Palace fans - amazing support. Roared through the ninety minutes, and surely made it a very intimidating atmosphere. Well done.
Mile Jedinak - Marshalled Palace's midfield expertly well, dealt effortlessly with everything we threw at him, and constantly spread play wide with some great sprayed passes out to the wing. Outstanding performance from the man.

Very happy with that. First game of the season, away against a newly promoted team and we had a lot of new faces. So good result, and could have been three or four nil had we had our shooting boots on.

Lloris - 8

Walker - 6
Dawson - 6
Vertonghen - 7
Rose - 7
Paulinho - 7
Dembele - 6
Sigurdsson - 6
Lennon - 6
Chadli - 6
Soldado - 7

Capoue - 7
Defoe - 7
Kaboul - N/A

Overall it wasnt convincing and, I echo Rossi's word, uninspiring but we got the win.

I dont like how we sit back after taking the lead. We clearly did from 50 minutes onwards. I do not like that at all. I know there is a second team out there but when it is clear that it is our tactic then it becomes an issue. Against better teams we could struggle.

Lloris was excellent.
Lennon improved as game went on.
Soldado was solid.
Defoe looked lively coming on
Sig was a bit slow I think and shoulda scored.
Walker was very good I think and his passing has improved
Rose was ok but whilst he gets forward there isnt actually much at the end of it (BAE could and does do what he does but to greater effect)
Chadli looked good but hesitant when crossing (I only remember one cross)
Dembele and Paulinho looked ok but evoid of creativity
Capone was and is a beast but as no pre season whatsoever ill reserve judgement.
both CB were solid enough although Dawsons passing was wayward but his defensive duties was carried out well.

Why? He had a poor game and people are rating accordingly (IMO).

Had a poor game how? How was he less impressive than Lennon? Chadli? They both had average games yet Sig gets ratings of 5? He expected to be Bale or something?

Lloris - 7 - Done very well when called upon. We really have something special with him. Not many games last year where he saved us but this was one.

Walker - 6 - He was much better in the first half then the second. I love his passion though.
Dawson - 6 - Not the best game, but solid enough.
Vertonghen - 7 - You wouldn't have thought he was injured, so smooth on the ball.
Rose - 7 - I was impressed by Rose, also passionate and determined, will improve.

Lennon - 7 - Thought he was great. At times he picked the wrong pass but he kept going at it, won us the penalty.
Paulinho - 7.5 - Most impressive of all 4 debutants today in my view. Accurate passing, good on and off the ball, like he's played for us for years.
Dembele - 6 - Love how he glides around, I hope he come off to give Capoue minutes and not because he is injured or anything.
Chadli - 7 - Unlike others, I was impressed by him, think he has great balance, not afraid to run at a team and take a shot.

Sigurdsson - 6 - He was better in the second half but he really should have scored. I still prefer him on the left though.

Soldado - 7 - Goal boosts him up a rating, didn't feel like he got involved as much as I'd have liked, but he is a very cool footballer and his penalty was great.

--

Capoue - 7 - Looks as outstanding as I remember, won tackles, his passing was good too, brilliant acquisition.
Defoe - 7 - Was very good, a hungry Defoe whos not in the 11 is the best kind of Defoe in my view, should have scored though.
Kaboul - N/A - So great to see him back, such a beast in the air.

That is an excellent summary.

Lloris MOTM - Rose really good going forward, saved us towards the end and booted the ball into the stands when needed-Paulinho was good but Capoue impressed me more -Chadli looks class but I hope he does not try the flash stuff too often-linked well with Rose. Dembele started great-hope that he is not injured.
Sigg was great (nearly scored a goal as good as RVPs) but he keeps trying to buy fouls.
I am glad the ref did not give us much-will learn up the new guys (Paulinho especially)
OK, it was CP but there are more teams like CP in the division than like United.
Not a great team performance but all the individuals did well.
Very pleased with JD today.

Last edited:
Had a poor game how? How was he less impressive than Lennon? Chadli? They both had average games yet Sig gets ratings of 5? He expected to be Bale or something?

this.

I´m not agreeing because I am biased but he had a good game. He missed a sitter but if he would have scored he would have been MOTM. He was technically superb, always on the ball, handful of sublime touches and was our most creative player today.

Otherwise it was a pretty solid team efford, Paulinho and Lloris stood out for me. Walker and Lennon both need to find more composure on the ball, otherwise, good!

Always great to get off to a winning start. It was always gonna be tough when you play a team that's just come up that are looking to play their socks off and show what they can do.

Lloris - 7.5 Pulled off some good saves and was out off his line quickly to clear any danger.
Walker - 6.5 Mixed, great going forward but a bit sloppy when defending.
Rose - 7 Didnt do much wrong and got forward well.
Dawson - 6 Good defender and can hit a cross field ball, but still sloppy when it comes to simple passes.
Vertonghen - 7 - Solid defender. Looking forward to him and Kaboul in defence.
Paulinho - 7.5 - Good debut. Looks like he can defend as well as go forward.
Dembele - 6 Holds the ball well but needs to create more.
Lennon - 7 Was a threat down the right but needs to improve his decision making
Sigurdsson - 6 Nothing seem to come off for him and should have scored.
Chadli - 6.5 Got into the game more as it went on. Promising.
Soldado - 7 Good movement and knows how to finish. Nice penalty.

Subs:
Capoue - 7.5 Very impressive first game. Looks like a beast.
Defoe - 6 should have scored and killed the game off.
Kaboul - 6 Did what was required, good to get some minutes.

The other two were actually noticable, Siggy wasn't. Can only remember seeing him once all first half, second half he was often that fraction of a second too late for everything. Needs to be more assertive and 'on his toes'.

I see Sig is the new Dempsey on here then. Ridiculous.

Not sure what you're complaining about. Can't speak for others, but I gave him a five, the same as I gave Lennon. Acknowledging a poor performance isn't spacegoating, and if you expect Chadli to be mercilessly judged in his first official game for the club then I'd suggest you're just as guilty of instantly writing players off based on one game.

Sig's spent a year here, and he was still poor today. Hence the low ratings he's being given when compared to Chadli, our debutant. And considering that Lennon's being given low ratings as well (judging by a casual glance at the majority of the ratings), I'm not sure what you're angry about. spacegoat my arse.

Back