• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Norwich

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Friedel - 6. Good saves, but shocking distribution. Why keep hoofing to Defoe?

Walker - 4. Poor effort, both going forward and defensively.
Gallas - 5. Bullied by Holt
Vert' - 4. I thought he was poor today. Caught out a few times
BAE - 5. Probably the pick of the defence. Decent going forward, but doesn't link well with Lennon.

Sandro - 5. Poor game. Silly decision making and no creativity.
Livermore - 4. Silly challenges and fairly anonymous.

Lennon - 4. Tries to get to the line too often. More than one occasion could have whipped cross in quicker.
Sig' - 5. Couple of shot on target, but largely anonymous. Wound me up when Bale was on a quick break and he was jogging to get into the area.
Bale - 5. Taking too many outrageous shots when the pass is a better option. Not at his best.

Defoe - 4. Too selfish and too stupid to play up front on his own.

Poor game, unfortunately a lot of blame to go to AVB

Home to Norwich and we start with two holding midfielders and JD alone up front

Team looked slow, passing was poor.

Match ratings vs Norwich

Friedel- 8 stunning save

Walker- 5 Nothing going forward, exposed at the back

Gallas- 4 Always looks in danger. should have been sold. Not good enough to start.

Vertonghen 5 Not the best way to settle in a new team

Assou ekotto 4 pfff, doing stupid things, last week he was awful and again today

Lennon 5 Tried but far from good enough, yet again

Livermore 2 Did nothing apart from conceding that free kick

Sandro 6 I actually think he was alright first half, doing livermores job

Bale 5 Ok first half, clearly not at best physically, his shooting actually wakes us up at times

Siggurdson 4 Nothing but again, not easy to start in this mess

Defoe 4 Nothing, on his own up front, not his fault i suppose, but he could do better, or can he?

Adebayor 4 Clearly doesnt like coming off the bench, but did nothing
Dembele 7 Came on and scored
Hudd- Lost the ball then got sent off

AVB- 3 Awful decision to start with defoe up front again, just terrible. I dont want to see Livermore play again. He just is not up to level. He cant take all the blame for everything as we were looking like that at the end of last season.

The likes of Lennon or Assou ekotto need to sort out their game big time.

toss.

2 points from Saudi Sportswashing Machine away & 2 home games against brick teams is a shambles. Top 4? :ross:

Friedel - 6.5. Good shot-stopping, but continued to watch the ball ping around his box until he inevitably conceded one. Still a good performance.

Walker - 5. Not very good as an offensive or defensive full-back, but he's showing signs of improving. Made some good runs in behind that weren't picked up.
Gallas - 5. Will get bullied by the physical sides. Was bullied. End of.
Vertonghen - 5.5. A bit hesitant, but generally solid.
BAE - 5.5. See above.

Sandro - 5.5. Tried his best, wasn't really enough.
Livermore - 5. Is not a creator. Conceded too many needless fouls and wasn't very good at screening the defense either.
Sigurdsson - 6. Mainly anonymous. Needs space to play his game, which Defoe didn't create.

Lennon - 6. See above.
Bale - 5. Entirely anonymous.
Defoe - 3.5. The age of the penalty box poacher is almost over. Looked more lively when we switched to 4-4-2, but a negligible contribution nonetheless, assist non-withstanding.

Subs;

Dembele - 6.5. Scored, looked dangerous in flashes, will improve as he beds in.
Ade- 6. Gave us a more solid option up front.
Hudd - 5. Not able to assess him, given his ridiculous sending off.

AVB - Will judge him when he's bedded in. Not before.

Friedel - 8. Fantastic

Walker - 5. Did nothing
Gallas - 4. The guy has lost it, why hasn't AVB seen this yet?!
Vertonghen - 5. Nervous.
BAE - 5. Wish he'd cut the stupid fudging tricks out, its not worth the risk.

Sandro - 6. Can't blame him for not having a great game, he was playing next to a retread.
Livermore -3. Complete disgrace. Not good enough for Tottenham, not even good enough for the PL.
Sigurdsson -5. Was he even playing?

Lennon - 6. Meh
Bale - 5. Didn't get involved.
Defoe - 4. Don't blame him, why the fudge is he playing as the lone striker against Norwich.

Subs:
Dembele - 6.5. The only positive of the game.
Ade - 6. Did more than Defoe.
Hudd - 6. Ridiculous sending off from a brick referee.

I'm not entirely happy, but it's in no way as bad as a lot of people are trying to make out.

It's well and good putting face on it...we had 2 home games against West Brom & Norwich & took 2 points. Both games we looked like terrible;you cannot mask it any other way. This will be Ramos all over again. I honestly think AVB will be gone before the season is finished. I am not deluded and certainly not a kneejerk but the signs are there. It's a shambles mate.

It's well and good putting face on it...we had 2 home games against West Brom & Norwich & took 2 points. Both games we looked like terrible;you cannot mask it any other way. This will be Ramos all over again. I honestly think AVB will be gone before the season is finished. I am not deluded and certainly not a kneejerk but the signs are there. It's a shambles mate.

If it carries on like this (which I don't think it will) he'll be gone by Christmas.

Ekotto is a liability, lucky the ref didnt see his shirt pull

In fairness the Norwich player was holding his shirt too as he was when he won the foul against Livermore for their goal. But I guess BAE's was more blatent.

The problem with these threads are you could say Walkers and BAE's performances were terrible, so what? Who do you replace them with?

If it carries on like this (which I don't think it will) he'll be gone by Christmas.

Why not sack him now and bring Harry back? We've given him mountains of support, and masses of time; he's proven brick. 270 minutes, and he can't even get us to score more than one goal at home against a team we battered at the Lane last season.

Oh, wait....we lost last season? Against Norwich? At home? under HARRY? The mighty, mighty Harry, he of unmatched skill and finesse? Why, you don't say.

Spursalot nailed it; this place is silly. Bipolar, even.

Back