• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Lyon

Spur of the moment

Frederic Kanoute
Friedel 6 - Good save from Lacazette, no chance for their goal

Walker 7 - classy until the errors crept back in late on
Gallas 6 - decent
Verts 6 - lucky not to concede a pen first half
BAE 8 - back to his best

Lennon 6 -
Dembele 7 - combative
Parker 6 - energetic but too often slows things down
Bale 9 - two stunning FKs and important contributions all over the pitch

Dempsey 5 - things not going his way atm - and that's putting it kindly

Adebayor 5 - see Dempsey

Subs

Holtby 6 - a tad over-eager at times but what eye for a pass!
Sigurdsson 6 - still unable to make an impression
Livermore n/a

I thought holtby was excellent when he came on and made a noticeable change to the game, siggy not so much

Friedel - 6 - i thought he could have came for the cross that gallas had to head away that they scored from, some good saves tho

walker - 8 - Good first half, worked well with Lennon. Less effective in second but some scintillating crosses
verts - 6 - Should have been a penalty im afraid, weakest of the cb's today
Gallas - 8 - Great game, somewhat surprised me. Defended everything.
Benny - 7 - was ok, not his best game, not his worst.

Parker - 6 - did ok, got overrun a bit, made some great tackles
Dembele - 7 - slightly better, but what happened to the guy who never gives the ball away when dribbling, i want him back
lennon - 7 - great 1st half, quiet 2nd
bale - 8 - poor game for bale tbh, but wow what free kicks. have we ever scored 3 free kicks in a season in recent memory??

Dempsey - 6 - meh worked hard.

Adebayor - 6 - Made some good runs, even won some headers. Very isolated tho.

Holtby - 7 - aggresivve, looked up for it

sig/livermore - not long enough

Thought BAE had a poor game by his normally high standards- overcommiting on tackles and getting caught goalside a couple of times. Also thought Gallas could have done better on his header leading to their goal - Should have put it out rather than head it back into a danger area. Felt Walker, Parker and of course Bale had good games and Holtby seemed to give us some more urgency. I do feel that many of our players dwell rather too long on the ball rather than passing early including dare I criticise him Bale.

Friedel 7 - one very good save

Walker 7.5 - actually attacked well today
Gallas 7.5 - very composed
Vertonghen 7 - solid
Ekotto 7.5 - loved the flick by his own corner flag through Lacazette's legs

Parker 6.5 - fought well
Dembele 7.5 - much better, great through ball to Ade

Lennon 6 - quiet
Dempsey 6 - can't remember him doing too much
Bale 8 - won us the game, but nowhere near his best in general play

Ade 6 - meh

Holtby 6.5 - lively

My browser crashed just before I was about to post and I can't face typing the same comments again, so just the ratings.

Friedel 6

Walker 7
Crabman 7
Gallas 7
Vertonghen 5

Parker 6
Jumbly 6

Lennon 7
Bale 8
Deuce 4

Adebayor 6

A bit harsh on Deuce, maybe, but he was off the pace today. Let's hope he was doing lots of work off the ball that I could not see because of that crappy camera angle.

Friedel 6 - Good save from Lacazette, no chance for their goal

Walker 7 - classy until the errors crept back in late on
Gallas 6 - decent
Verts 6 - lucky not to concede a pen first half
BAE 8 - back to his best

Lennon 6 -
Dembele 7 - combative
Parker 6 - energetic but too often slows things down
Bale 9 - two stunning FKs and important contributions all over the pitch

Dempsey 5 - things not going his way atm - and that's putting it kindly

Adebayor 5 - see Dempsey

Subs

Holtby 6 - a tad over-eager at times but what eye for a pass!
Sigurdsson 6 - still unable to make an impression
Livermore n/a

Agree with these scores. The missing Lennon comment should be. Good first half, not in the game at all second half. I have noticed that whenever he manages to get his full back booked, from that moment on he never takes them on again! It has happened in too many games now for it to be a coincidence.

Ade still isnt performing. He flatters to decieve. His efforts are half hearted. The crowd even ironically cheered when he happened to win a couple of headers by the touchline. The position he takes when Lennon, Walker or Bale make it to the by-line make it virtually impossible to find him. He gets so near the goal line the ball is almost always behind him. Their centre forward really showed him how to hold a ball up and link play. Where is the Ade of the first half of last season. We need to find him and quick. Job for a sports psychologist perhaps?

Friedel- 6. One good save. Couldn't do anything for the goal. Nothing else to do. Loved him telling that diving Lyon taco to get up.

Walker-7. Good attacking contribution. Passing started going awry at the end.
Gallas- 8. Looked excellent actually.
Vertonghen-6.5 Solid
BAE-7. Impressed today.

Lennon-6. I don't understand why he doesn't challenge his fullback on a regular basis anymore? It is the best part of his game.
Dembele-7. Couple of good passes, otherwise mostly hold onto the ball for too long.
Parker-6. Release the ball quicker.
Bale-8.5. Two outstanding goals. One open goal missed. One great crossed. Very worryingly, he looks like our only player in the last few games who looks even remotely like scoring.

Dempsey-5. Forgot he was there tbh.
Adebayor-5. At times was trying hard, at times was basically standing still when he should have been making runs. Absolutely no hold up play whatsoever.

Holtby-6. Aggressive when he came on, changed the tempo a bit.

Our fans-1. Mostly silent for large swathes of the match, piped up to chastise players or tell Adebayor to fudge off. At one point, we decided we were going to ironically cheer him for winning a header. For a player who clearly only thrives when he is confident, what an excellent way of dealing with him. And the moans and groans every time the players do something can't be helpful. We really do create an absolutely toxic atmosphere at home.

I was very close to leaving early for the first time ever today because the taco next to me wouldn't stop going on about how brick Adebayor was. Literally said nothing else. Luckily he left on 65 minutes.

Best chant- The Lyon fans chanting Hugo Lloris at big Brad when he told one of their players to get up.

Friedel 7 I'm awaiting the anti Friedel mob to come on here and say how Lloris could have saved their goal.

Walker 7 Best game we've seen from him in a while
Verts 6 Dodgy. Think AVB needs to pick a four and stick with it.
Gallas 8 Excellent
Ekotto 7 AVB, please pick him for every game from now on.

Lennon 6 Quiet. Nowhere near his best
Parker 7
Dembele 7
Bale 9 World class

Dempsey 5 Thought he was finally starting to click, but he's gone downhill again.

Adebayor 5 Not happening for him. Can't see him magically improving over the next few weeks.

Holtby 6
Sig 6

Friedel - 7.

Walker - 7.
Gallas - 8.
Vertonghen - 6.
BAE - 7.

Lennon - 6.
Parker - 6.
Dembele - 6.
Bale - 8.

Dempsey - 5.
Adebayor - 4.

Subs:
Holtby - 6.
Sig' - 5.

I though Siggy showed so,e good touches when he came on; Like Holtby also seemed to have the eye for a pass; didn't always come off but he will be important once we get better generally at our possession game

We really do create an absolutely toxic atmosphere at home.

A shame - it seems as if we just expect to roll over anyone who pitches up at the Lane, and if we don't, the crowd gets the hump. A European game, under lights, and the atmosphere was flat/full of moans and groans? Fook me, what have Spurs fans become?

Agree with these scores. The missing Lennon comment should be. Good first half, not in the game at all second half. I have noticed that whenever he manages to get his full back booked, from that moment on he never takes them on again! It has happened in too many games now for it to be a coincidence.

Ade still isnt performing. He flatters to decieve. His efforts are half hearted. The crowd even ironically cheered when he happened to win a couple of headers by the touchline. The position he takes when Lennon, Walker or Bale make it to the by-line make it virtually impossible to find him. He gets so near the goal line the ball is almost always behind him. Their centre forward really showed him how to hold a ball up and link play. Where is the Ade of the first half of last season. We need to find him and quick. Job for a sports psychologist perhaps?

There is a malicious poster on here who disguises himself with different names who has propogated this myth about Ade's form last term. Ade scored almost exactly the same amount of goals in the second half of last season as the first half.
And as for his form tailing off last season

HE SCORED IN EACH OF OUR LAST 2 GAMES!!!!!!!!

http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/tottenham-hotspur/2012/3/

And I will repost this ad infinitum.

As for this season,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20840937

He is in form

Back