• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Fulham

I don't think the ratings should be taken seriously. The Moonlit Night regularly low scored the players he disliked and others do the same. I like to praise the players who did well and if a certain player has a bad game then that is no big deal.

Well said, I don't take mine or other ratings too seriously. I just can't believe how low the ratings are by some, but that's up to them of course.

Lloris 7 Not much to do but no mishaps
Naughton 7 rock solid
Dawson N/A
Caulker 8 Excellent
Vertonghen 7 steady
Sandro 8 goal got us going
Dembele 7 not his best but still did well
Lennon 6 tracked back well but not involved going forward
Dempsey 8 great performance, great assist nearly scored linked well
Bale 7 had his moments hope the injury isn't serious
Defoe 8 great finishing

Gallas 7 best match in awhile
Siggy 7 great work to set up Defoe

Lloris 7 - fine save from Petric, not much else to do
Naughton - 7 decent. Frei got in once but generally good.
Daws - 6 unlucky.
Caulker - 7.5 very tidy.
Vertonghen - 7 good but was tested by their right winger.
Sandro - 8 excellent.
Dembele - 7 did some very nice things
Lennon - 7 for his huge work off the ball.
Dempsey - 7.5 good game
Bale - 6.5 was doing ok before injury
Defoe - 7.5 fine goals

Gallas - 7 better.
Siggurddson - 7.5 very good. Great work rate too.
Carroll - 6.5 useful cameo

Lloris 7
Naughton 6.5
Dawson n/a, alternatively might deserve a passing mark of 6, hope he will be ready for Everton
Caulker 7
Vertonghen 6.5 or 7 (on the ground that it's a rare clean sheet)
Lennon 6 - tough game for our wingers, esp in the first half, not really his fault when the opponents could focus on defending the flanks
Sandro 7
Dembele 6.5 - we need the CMs to apply more pressure on our opponents...miss his direct running vs. Norwich
Bale 6.5
Dempsey 7
Defoe 7.5 or 8 - not many chances, but he taken them well...unlike earlier in the season when he was one of the biggest chance wasters
Gallas 6 or 6.5 - undecided, since it's a clean sheet, probably should deserve a 6.5
Sigurðsson 6.5 - would have been a 7 if he played more minutes
Carroll n/a

I know this looks good on paper, a 3-0 away win in the league is always nice. But the performance was more bread and butter stuff, not sexy and hot.

Last edited:
Fulham (A) 0-3

Our third win in a row and biggest victory of the season brings in a game rating of 7.01, with the highest rating given to this game being 8.15 and the lowest 6.15. This large difference is especially noticeable between who was MOTM for the game, with GG giving it to Defoe with his 2 goals and TFC giving it to the beast known as Sandro. Overall Defoe wins it as the 0.98 average rating lower GG gave Sandro ensured this. Interestingly Dembele's difference in rating between forums is also quite high suggesting that TFC considered the centre of midfield as an important factor in winning this game.

This is Defoe's fourth MOTM award of the season, joining Vertonghen at the top of the leader board and Sandro's second goal for the club means his 7.67 rating is his fifth over-7.5 of the season, joining Bale at the top of that leader board. One more positive includes Sigurdsson finally breaking the 7 barrier with 7.11, his highest rating of the season since his 6.59 all the way back vs Reading (A) in the fourth game of the season. With Dempsey also maintaining good form this may be the turning point for both players to finally show their worth consistently.

With noone performing particularly badly Dawson is the unfortunate worst player of the game with an acceptable 6.32. As he was stretchered off early in the first half his ratings reflect the poor performance of the half. Two other players however were rated slightly worse than Dawson over at TFC in Bale and Gallas with Bale especially not having a lucky game, getting booked for a dive that wasn't and getting injured by pulling his hamstring when shooting at goal between the first and second goals.

K8ihw.jpg

Fulham (A) 0-3Interestingly Dembele's difference in rating between forums is also quite high suggesting that TFC considered the centre of midfield as an important factor in winning this game.

In theory I agreed, as contrary to Spammers who used Diame & co. to load the center midfield, Foolham focused on defending and made it extremely tough for our wingers to breakthrough. The key to our win was when Sandro spotted/created the space to shoot in the middle.

But this brings the question on how to rate our CMs. Do they deserve high rating for the eventual contribution or they should be rated as average for the failure to provide support earlier?

I guess there is no right and wrong approach.

Last edited:
In theory I agreed, as contrary to Spammers who used Diame & co. to load the center midfield, Foolham focused on defending and made it extremely tough for our wingers to breakthrough. The key to our win was when Sandro spotted/created the space to shoot in the middle.

But this brings the question on how to rate our CMs. Do they deserve high rating for the eventual contribution or they should be rated as average for the failure to provide support earlier?

I guess there is no right and wrong approach.

Indeed, I think one way to look at it is that Sandro was at least the 2nd best player on the pitch for both forums and Dembele had an off game by his standards as his overall rating was below the team average (just).

Can't believe people rated Lloris lower than a 7, his save from Petric was as good as a goal. One other thing that wasn't mentioned was when Fulham were through on goal and he was off his line like a Cheetah and prevented whoever the Fulham player was from scoring, it was offside though so didn't actually matter but he wasn't to know that.

Indeed, I think one way to look at it is that Sandro was at least the 2nd best player on the pitch for both forums and Dembele had an off game by his standards as his overall rating was below the team average (just).

Haven't been to this forum for quite sometimes. Just took a look at the Spammers and Liverpool ratings.

One thing I noted with surprise is that despite GGers tend to argue over our players, but we actually have smaller deviation to TFC for most of our ratings (past three games at least). Kinda an indication that we GG rating graders are very much birds of the same feather in terms of our overall view on players.

Haven't been to this forum for quite sometimes. Just took a look at the Spammers and Liverpool ratings.

One thing I noted with surprise is that despite GGers tend to argue over our players, but we actually have smaller deviation to TFC for most of our ratings (past three games at least). Kinda an indication that we GG rating graders are very much birds of the same feather in terms of our overall view on players.

The two forums are so completely different in mentality, you'll find a lot more one time raters here, some of who have essentially been put off rating again by people's strong opinions.

Back