• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Fulham

Spur of the moment

Frederic Kanoute
Difficult one this, very poor performance overall before the goals went in. Up 'til then, apart from Dempsey most were on 4s or 5s.

Lloris 6 - not much to do
Naughton 6 - looked tidier than Walker
Dawson 6 - gutted he got a hamstring having re-established himself so well
Caulker 6 - composed
Verthonghen 6 - some good tackles but still looks off his game
Lennon 5 - not getting much joy down the flanks atm
Dembele 6 - some good moments, struggled at times
Sandro 6 - great strike, otherwise average
Bale 6 - outrageous that he was booked for 'diving' early on when clearly fouled, maybe that affected him
Dempsey 7 - we're beginning to see why we went in for him
Defoe 7 - two clear chances, two goals, what more can you ask?

Subs
Gallas 6 - competent
Sigurdsson 7 - brilliant the way he set up Defoe for his first
Carroll 6

Difficult one this, very poor performance overall before the goals went in. Up 'til then, apart from Dempsey most were on 4s or 5s.

Caulker 6 - composed
Bale 6 - outrageous that he was booked for 'diving' early on when clearly fouled, maybe that affected him

Subs
Gallas 6 - competent
Carroll 6

Being patient in a difficult away game, not giving it away yet still being the better team while waiting your chance is poor, I fudging give up literally!

Caulker 6 - composed

Subs
Gallas 6 - competent
Carroll 6

You give Dawson who hardly played any of the game a 6 and Lennon who was tracking back very well and made a few good tackles a 5?

Lloris 6 - 1 good save first half, little to do all game
Naughton 6 - seems to keen to clear the ball 40-50 yards rather then have a look up
Dawson 6 - gutted for him, you could see he was as well
Caulker 6 - did nothing wrong
Verthonghen 6 - see above
Lennon 6 - didnt offer to much going forward but always works hard for the team
Dembele 6 - some good hold up play in midfield
Sandro 6 - great strike worked hard
Bale 6 - think he was just starting to come into the game when he had to go off, fingers crossed he's back asap
Dempsey 7 - worked hard, another assist, his first touch looks like its returned!!
Defoe 7 - two great finishes, worked hard

Subs
Gallas 6 - did ok, still worry everytime the ball goes near him
Sigurdsson 7 - good performance when he came on
Carroll 6 - didnt have enough time to get involved

poor to average performance overall, but a big 3pts!!! Have to remember 3rd game within a week, i thought it showed today

Well done AVB

Wow those ratings are harsh IMO.

Lloris - 7
Naughton - 7 - Better than Walker
Dawson - 7 - Had to leave far too early
Caulker - 7
Veronghen - 6 - He lets them cross too often for my liking

Lennon - 6
Dembele - 7
Sandro - 7
Bale - 6
Dempsey - 7
Defoe - 7

Gallas - 7
Sigurdsson - 7
Carroll - 7

Fulham created nothing all game, except for the one from Petric that Lloris saved excellently

Being patient in a difficult away game, not giving it away yet still being the better team while waiting your chance is poor, I fudging give up literally!
It's funny, isn't it?

Sat at Waterloo waiting for my train home I'm thinking - "Yeah, not a great game."

And yet, 3-0, away, and a lot of fun.

Personally, tonight, I don't give a brick about ratings. It's been a "reaffirming" experience!

I think a lot of people use this thread as an opportunity to have a go at the players.

Lloris 8
Naughton 7
Dawson 7
Caulker 8
Vertonghen 7
Lennon 7
Dembele 7
Sandro 7
Bale 7
Dempsey 7
Defoe 8

Subs
Gallas 7
Sigurdsson 7
Carroll 7

I can only go on the second half..

Lloris - 6

Naughton - 7
Gallas - 7
Caulker - 6.5
Vertonghen - 6

Lennon - 7
Sandro - 7.5
Dembele - 6.5
Bale - 6

Dempsey - 7.5
Defoe - 7.5

subs

Sigurddson - 7.25
Carroll - 6.5

It's funny, isn't it?

Sat at Waterloo waiting for my train home I'm thinking - "Yeah, not a great game."

And yet, 3-0, away, and a lot of fun.

Personally, tonight, I don't give a brick about ratings. It's been a "reaffirming" experience!

Some of our players were nothing short of excellent today we never gave then a sniff, Sandro was gigantic, Naughton was impressive Gallas came back and done a good job, Caulker and Verts were good I could go on and on, Fulham are a well organised and good side, the level of expectation is daft, we just won 3-0 away as you say and we were poor, I dont think so I though we were quite brilliant.

Lloris - 7

Naughton - 7
Caulker - 7
Dawson - 6.5
Vertonghen - 7

Lennon - 7
Dembele - 6.5
Sandro - 7
Bale - 6

Dempsey - 7
Defoe - 8

Some of our players were nothing short of excellent today we never gave then a sniff, Sandro was gigantic, Naughton was impressive Gallas came back and done a good job, Caulker and Verts were good I could go on and on, Fulham are a well organised and good side, the level of expectation is daft, we just won 3-0 away as you say and we were poor, I dont think so I though we were quite brilliant.

To be fair, had Fulham got the first goal, it would have been a different game. And they had chances first half. But there were a lot of positives for me. The way we stated - clearly AVB wanted to see us passing the ball well and we did for 10 minutes following kick off, Dempsey almost scoring. We controlled much of the game and as you say stayed patient. You make your own luck, and we were the better team overall. Fulham made the game negative, after our promising start, they sat back and played deep. We were happy to tire them out and have them chase the ball. We did lack midfield guile. Thankfully Sandro broke the deadlock.

Last edited:
To be fair, had Fulham got the first goal, it would have been a different game. And they had chances first half. But there were a lot of positives for me. The way we stated - clearly AVB wanted to see us passing the ball well and we did for 10 minutes after the start. Dempsey almost scoring. We controlled much of the game and as you say stayed patience. You make your own luck, and we were the better team. Fulham made the game negative, after our promising start, by sitting back and playing deep.

Playing deep is how people have stopped us scoring in the past, well it has not worked for WHU and Fulham so perhaps we now have the answer, I thought we had all the answers today, well impressed.

Lloris - 7

Naughton - 7
Dawson - 6
Caulker - 7
Vertonghen - 7

Lennon - 6
Sandro - 7
Dembele - 6
Bale - 6

Dempsey - 7
Defoe - 8

Subs:
Gallas - 6
Sigurddsson - 7
Carroll - N/A

Our second half performance was easily the best we have played all season. Everyone a 7 except:
Defoe 8
Sandro 9

Lloris - 7

Naughton - 7
Dawson - 6
Caulker - 7
Vertonghen - 7

Lennon - 7
Sandro - 8
Dembele - 7
Bale - 7

Dempsey - 7