• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Everton

They weren't bad finishes - they were exceptional saves

Remember Mason is the highest goalscorer in the history of our academy, so he knows how to find the back of the net

In a fan of Mason but wouldnt call thenm exceptional saves by any means. Routine for me

They weren't bad finishes - they were exceptional saves

Remember Mason is the highest goalscorer in the history of our academy, so he knows how to find the back of the net
I don't think they were exceptional saves,I don't think Howard made any saves where I thought how did he save that. Not only in this game but Mason seems to get in goal scoring positions which is positive but doesn't strike the ball that cleanly or confidently. Not being over critical, just saying think he could be a bit more clinical if he wants to play in that more advanced position. Let's hope his academy strike rate eventually comes to fruition then...

My ratings:

lloris - 6 - Didn't really have anything to do, but some poor distribution.

walker - 6 - Had an OK game. Would have given him a higher score were it not for that one lapse and also if he could just offer the pace and width that he's there to do. He received the ball lots of times and just looked for the long pass when under no pressure.
alderweireld - 8 - I thought he looked quite solid with Vertonghen. Had a good chance to score a goal, but he was really strong with Lukaku
vertonghen - 8 - Same as Alderweireld. He looked really dangerous in the second half driving into space.
rose - 8 - Good game. Kept a very powerful Kone quiet.

dier - 8 - The best of our players. Looks like a DM.
bentaleb - 6 - Better from him, but he lacks an urgency for me today. He also gave away a few silly fouls.

dembele - 7 - He may slow things down at times, but he also keeps the ball. I felt very sorry for him getting injured and it looked quite bad.
mason - 7 - I thought he had a really good game until he was moved to the right. Then he went missing.
chadli - 6.5 - A good game with a few chances created but should have scored.

kane - 7 - Got in good positions and had the chances but didn't put them away. Also dropped too deep, but not helped with the inside forwards not offering anything when he did drop deep.

Alli - 6.5 - I thought he was almost trying too hard.
Poch - 7 - I thought he could have brought Pritchard on earlier. It was obvious Mason was uncomfortable as an inside forward.

Ref - 4

Spot on about ref. They just seem to get worse each year.

Tough call on Mason mate, he's spent the last year+ being more defensive, all of a sudden he's asked to switch up to more attacking and even go wide.

Yeah maybe, takes time to adjust I guess, but we've seen it all last year too, his dreadful shooting. He did have a good 20 minute spell, but I just feel he simply doesn't have the ability, he may get into good positions at times, but he can never do anything while there.

As for Gutterboy saying they were fantastic saves, painful painful bias, bad as the Windy bloke. Mason's effort wasnt a fantastic save, it was an awful shot, just admit it man. Same with Kane, it wasn't a great save, it was awful play from kane. It's not difficult to admit it just because they came from our academy.

As for Gutterboy saying they were fantastic saves, painful painful bias, bad as the Windy bloke. Mason's effort wasnt a fantastic save, it was an awful shot, just admit it man. Same with Kane, it wasn't a great save, it was awful play from kane. It's not difficult to admit it just because they came from our academy.

More chance of turning water into wine than @Gutterboy admitting Mason screwed it up... he is one of his untouchables

We didn't see the same game appearently. If you think Alli was better than Dembele, I'd say you're a bit biased. Rose was excellent, but to call him motm by a mile is ridiculous. I agree with the final sentance, though. Your second to last paragraph amazes me.

In the 30 or so minutes that Alli was on the pitch he got into the box three times, and set up Mason for another of his typical f*** ups in front of goal. Above all what is impressive about Alli, even from this early stage is that he gets the ball, instantly passes it because he knows where his mates are and then moves. Dembele will never, ever, understand that concept!

As for Chadli, when he doesn;t score his contribution is regularly peripheral - which is so frustrating cause he has all the tools in the locker (it must be a mental thing)

We will only really improve when Dembele, Chadli and Mason are no longer first team starters...

Lloris - 6

Walker - 7
Alder - 7
Vert - 8
Rose - 7

Dier - 8
Bentaleb - 5

Mason - 6
Dembele - 5
Chadli - 6

Kane - 5

Really surprised about the ratings for Walker here. For me he is a walking disaster. Not only prone to brain farts, (we were lucky Cleverley didn't score from his balls up)but he offers little defensively. In almost every game the danger crosses come from his side ( Dioff scored from a cross for Leicester and Kone almost did yesterday ) . He either scythes down his winger or gives them far to much room to get in a cross. My heart is in my mouth when he challenges them.

In attack, he gets into some great positions but his final ball is atrocious. He contributes next to nothing going forward and in Pochs 4231 formation, the full backs have key attacking roles and he fails to deliver in both senses of the word. For me, his rating yesterday was a 5 at best.

Time to give Trippier a chance.

Really surprised about the ratings for Walker here. For me he is a walking disaster. Not only prone to brain farts, (we were lucky Cleverley didn't score from his balls up)but he offers little defensively. In almost every game the danger crosses come from his side ( Dioff scored from a cross for Leicester and Kone almost did yesterday ) . He either scythes down his winger or gives them far to much room to get in a cross. My heart is in my mouth when he challenges them.

In attack, he gets into some great positions but his final ball is atrocious. He contributes next to nothing going forward and in Pochs 4231 formation, the full backs have key attacking roles and he fails to deliver in both senses of the word. For me, his rating yesterday was a 5 at best.

Time to give Trippier a chance.

I quite like Walker, but even I can see his crossing is awful. Don't know if he has been told not to, but never seems to overlap like he used to either. Definitely think Trippier deserves his chance, from what I have seen, his crossing looks far better and could be just what Kane needs to get that elusive first goal to kick-start his season too

Back