• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Everton

My ratings:

lloris - 6 - Didn't really have anything to do, but some poor distribution.

walker - 6 - Had an OK game. Would have given him a higher score were it not for that one lapse and also if he could just offer the pace and width that he's there to do. He received the ball lots of times and just looked for the long pass when under no pressure.
alderweireld - 8 - I thought he looked quite solid with Vertonghen. Had a good chance to score a goal, but he was really strong with Lukaku
vertonghen - 8 - Same as Alderweireld. He looked really dangerous in the second half driving into space.
rose - 8 - Good game. Kept a very powerful Kone quiet.

dier - 8 - The best of our players. Looks like a DM.
bentaleb - 6 - Better from him, but he lacks an urgency for me today. He also gave away a few silly fouls.

dembele - 7 - He may slow things down at times, but he also keeps the ball. I felt very sorry for him getting injured and it looked quite bad.
mason - 7 - I thought he had a really good game until he was moved to the right. Then he went missing.
chadli - 6.5 - A good game with a few chances created but should have scored.

kane - 7 - Got in good positions and had the chances but didn't put them away. Also dropped too deep, but not helped with the inside forwards not offering anything when he did drop deep.

Alli - 6.5 - I thought he was almost trying too hard.
Poch - 7 - I thought he could have brought Pritchard on earlier. It was obvious Mason was uncomfortable as an inside forward.

Ref - 4
What this guy said. I'd give Rose MoTM tho

Ha! You're probably right. I'll revisit when I watch the game on TV! I couldn't see a lot of the decisions, but it just seemed too one sided. I do want to see that penalty claim again. I was hoping that it was one, but opinion was split from those around me.
If you mean the Dele Alli one then no IMO. He manufactured the contact himself. No pen.

lloris - 7

walker - 6
alderweireld - 7
vertonghen - 8
rose - 8

dier - 8.5 (MOTM)
bentaleb - 7

dembele - 7
mason - 7
chadli - 7

kane - 7

I agree with these. It was a decent performance from us today against good opposition but it just didn't click for us in the final third and Howard had an excellent game.

Lloris 6 - made some good saves

Walker 5 - not reliable enough
Toby 6 - did't notice him much tbh
Jan 7 - his best game in quite a while
Rose 7- great to have him back

Dier 8 - motm, we have a dm!
Bentaleb 6 - did ok

Dembele 8 - seems do be finding his form and his role, then gets injured. sexy
Mason 6 - should've scored at least once. credit for getting in positions. not his bedt position
Chadli 7 - most of what we created involved him in some way

Kane 4 - terrible game unfortunately. can't rate him any better when he misses a chance like that

Alli 5 - couldn't quite find his feet. not in his best position

My impression is that if we had someone to replace a struggling Kane, we would've won the game. Now that Eriksen's injured CAM is proving an equally big concern as DM, especially since Dier did so well in the latter role. We haven't got any genuine alternatives to Eriksen. Both Mason and Alli looked out of position, they're both better in a deeper role. Hopefully Pritchard will prove the answer.

Absolutely ridiculous ratings....

....for the ref I mean. He was awful and barely deserved a 1. Rest are bang on.

Once again, a far-too-whistle happy ref, Everton players conned him time and time again, but seemed to go blind when it came to similar offences on Spurs player

Once again, a far-too-whistle happy ref, Everton players conned him time and time again, but seemed to go blind when it came to similar offences on Spurs player

The ref was awful today! There were times when the Everton players were jumping on our players & yet the ref did nothing! And yet, barely anything & he awards a Everton freekick. I was just waiting on them to be given a penalty.

Lloris - 6.5 not much to do, Ine calamitous pass
Walker - 6.5 potential calamity, but otherwise solid enough
Toby - 7 didn't have much to do, but good
Jan - 7.5 much better from him today in all regards. Excellent.
Rose - 7 Good game.
Dier - 8 Amazing. Maybe he could be a DM
Bentsleb - 6.5 Drove with the ball well at times, passed it well, just need a touch more.
Dembele - 6.5 - started the second have great before injury. Typical.
Mason - 5.5 Had a good 20 minute spell in the first half after an awful first 15 minutes. Then went invisible second half. Thing is, even in his "good" spell he seriously lacking. Maybe it will come. But his shooting is awful, he passes backwards way too much. Think he's the weakest player in our squad by a stretch.
Charlie - 6 Some nice moments, but pretty average in the main
Kane - 6 His confidence looks shot. He also tried to do too much sometimes.

Alli - 7.5 this kid needs to play every week, everything we need from a midfielder. So positive

Lloris 6
Walker 6
Alderweireld 6
Vertonghen 7
Rose 7
Dier 8 (+1 for the boots alone)
Mason 5 (-1 for spindly legs)
Bentaleb 6
Dembele 6
Chadli 5
Kane 5

Alli 6
Pritchard -

Lloris - 6.5 not much to do, Ine calamitous pass
Walker - 6.5 potential calamity, but otherwise solid enough
Toby - 7 didn't have much to do, but good
Jan - 7.5 much better from him today in all regards. Excellent.
Rose - 7 Good game.
Dier - 8 Amazing. Maybe he could be a DM
Bentsleb - 6.5 Drove with the ball well at times, passed it well, just need a touch more.
Dembele - 6.5 - started the second have great before injury. Typical.
Mason - 5.5 Had a good 20 minute spell in the first half after an awful first 15 minutes. Then went invisible second half. Thing is, even in his "good" spell he seriously lacking. Maybe it will come. But his shooting is awful, he passes backwards way too much. Think he's the weakest player in our squad by a stretch.
Charlie - 6 Some nice moments, but pretty average in the main
Kane - 6 His confidence looks shot. He also tried to do too much sometimes.

Alli - 7.5 this kid needs to play every week, everything we need from a midfielder. So positive

Tough call on Mason mate, he's spent the last year+ being more defensive, all of a sudden he's asked to switch up to more attacking and even go wide.

I actually though Alli struggled today, lots of promise, but not a lot came off for him.

Tough call on Mason mate, he's spent the last year+ being more defensive, all of a sudden he's asked to switch up to more attacking and even go wide.

I actually though Alli struggled today, lots of promise, but not a lot came off for him.

I thought Mason had a fantastic first 65 minutes. He was everywhere - creating for Kane and himself.

I think he contributed more in that period, than Eriksen did for the entire last 3 months of last season

He took both his chances fairly well - we all know Howard is a world-class shot stopper

He did though drift out of the game in the final 25, but that was when he got moved to RWF when Alli came on

Chadli was more involved than he is in some games, constantly carried the ball out wide and also noticed him threading balls to Mason - looked like they have a bit of an understanding.

Speaking of Mason, I liked the fact he constantly made runs into the box and got into goal scoring positions. Only problem is he doesn't look to be the best of finishers.....

Chadli was more involved than he is in some games, constantly carried the ball out wide and also noticed him threading balls to Mason - looked like they have a bit of an understanding.

Speaking of Mason, I liked the fact he constantly made runs into the box and got into goal scoring positions. Only problem is he doesn't look to be the best of finishers.....

They weren't bad finishes - they were exceptional saves

Remember Mason is the highest goalscorer in the history of our academy, so he knows how to find the back of the net

Lloris 6 - made some good saves

Walker 5 - not reliable enough
Toby 6 - did't notice him much tbh
Jan 7 - his best game in quite a while
Rose 7- great to have him back

Dier 8 - motm, we have a dm!
Bentaleb 6 - did ok

Dembele 8 - seems do be finding his form and his role, then gets injured. sexy
Mason 6 - should've scored at least once. credit for getting in positions. not his bedt position
Chadli 7 - most of what we created involved him in some way

Kane 4 - terrible game unfortunately. can't rate him any better when he misses a chance like that

Alli 5 - couldn't quite find his feet. not in his best position

My impression is that if we had someone to replace a struggling Kane, we would've won the game. Now that Eriksen's injured CAM is proving an equally big concern as DM, especially since Dier did so well in the latter role. We haven't got any genuine alternatives to Eriksen. Both Mason and Alli looked out of position, they're both better in a deeper role. Hopefully Pritchard will prove the answer.

Would agree with a few of those ratings but some are frankly ridiculous...

Dembele an 8?? You must be joking. He was slowing down our play and should have been pulled off. Not surprising that our play became so much much incisive when he was taken off injured. The guy who came in and trigger the improvement is the one you gave a 5.

Chadli a 7 and Kane a 4? So you knock down Harry for his miss but not Chadli for his? Like Dembele he is to slooowww and did pretty much nothing yesterday; bit to mention his inability to put in a decent cross from the left.

The MOTM by a country mile was Danny Rose. If he was playing in the last two games we would have won both!

Would agree with a few of those ratings but some are frankly ridiculous...

Dembele an 8?? You must be joking. He was slowing down our play and should have been pulled off. Not surprising that our play became so much much incisive when he was taken off injured. The guy who came in and trigger the improvement is the one you gave a 5.

Chadli a 7 and Kane a 4? So you knock down Harry for his miss but not Chadli for his? Like Dembele he is to slooowww and did pretty much nothing yesterday; bit to mention his inability to put in a decent cross from the left.

The MOTM by a country mile was Danny Rose. If he was playing in the last two games we would have won both!
We didn't see the same game appearently. If you think Alli was better than Dembele, I'd say you're a bit biased. Rose was excellent, but to call him motm by a mile is ridiculous. I agree with the final sentance, though. Your second to last paragraph amazes me.

Back