• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings thread

Hootnow

Jermaine Jenas
So....not sure if this is the best time to do one of these but we may as well get started:

Lloris: 4. 2 terrible blunders for the first 2 goals left our already slim chances of getting something from the game gone and the players defeated. Poor distribution throughout the game. One great save early on though.

Walker: 6.5. I don't care what people say, I think Walker's been quite good this season and was excellent today. Supported play well in the first half, defended well too. By far our best defender.

Dawson/ Kaboul: 4. How many times did these 2 make stupid decisions over the 90 minutes? Lose their men? Get dragged out of position? Switch off? At one long ball, Kaboul somehow let Aguero get goalside of him in our box and almost lost out to him.

Vertonghen: 5. Better than the 2 in the midddle, worse than Walker. Some good attacking, often out of position with no-one to cover for him.

Defence as a unit: 3. Every time Emirates Marketing Project attacked, we looked outnumbered and out of position at the back. I had no clue what was going on.

Sandro: 6. Few great tackles in the first half, faded a tad once he got the yellow.

Paulinho: 4.5. Passing seemed wayward, was basically invisible otherwise.

Lennon: 5.5. Best player in the first half. Intelligent play throughout.

Holtby: 3/4. I'm not sure whether to give him a lower rating than the 2 cbs. Because he was genuinely just invisible.

Lamela: 4.5. Also mostly invisible. Shouldn't play on the left at all imo.

Soldado: 4. Also not really present, even on the occasions we did sling in a cross

AVB: no words right now.

I'd struggle to give anyone more than 5. Walker,Lennon,Sandro and possibly Dembele earned a 5
Everybody else a 4 for me

Lloris 3 - Ultimately part of the reason we lost, pathetic display. Sort out your kicking ffs, professional goalkeeper and you can't kick a ball accurately. Conceded 6.

Walker - 6 - Impressed again by Walker, still has the occasional brainfart, but thats to be expected from him, put in some good balls today too.
Dawson - 3 - Not good enough for a level we aspire to be at, always going in for the tackle when it's better to hold off the player, poor marking and positioning all game.
Kaboul - 4 - Marginally better then Dawson, perhaps not the best game to bring him in today, especially not to partner Dawson. Harsh on Chiriches.
Vertonghen - 5 - Not the same guy of last year, he used to be happy regardless of result last year, seems to have lost his smile, but then again can you blame him?

Lennon - 6 - Thought he was easily our best midfielder throughout 90 minutes, constantly looking to attack, helps out the defence. Hopefully starting to hit some sort of form, Evra next?
Sandro - 5.5 - Was immense in the first half, the tackle on Nasri was immense, but the yellow really took out his performance, still not ACTUALLY sure why he was booked but he was never the same after that.
Paulinho - 3 - Seriously awful. I dont think there is anything else to say really, deserves dropping.
Lamela - 4 - Was okay at times, I like the fact his first touch is a pass too, it's clever and with players on his wave length he'll come good, should never be playing on the left though, ever.

Holtby - 3 - I can't believe how anonymous he was. I can't tell you one thing he did that made me think, he can play for Spurs at a good standard, just dog**** today. He's not a #10
Soldado - 4 - I feel sorry for him, I really do. You don't score goals for fun in one league and be **** in another, Negredo is taking the league by storm, BECAUSE HES GETTING SERVICE

--

Ade - 4 - There was a period in the second half where it looked like him and Soldado were linking up well, hopefully we see more of them this season, think it could be real good.
Siggy - 4 - Don't really remember anything he done, I think he had a shot on goal.
Dembele - 6 - Was damn good when he come on, constantly looking to move forward and pass forward, like he thought **** this ****, I'm doing it on my own, I liked it.

I think offensively we were okay
but defensively we were dogshot, especially for Dawson+ kaboul + vert
didnt even make a single proper clearance/tackle/offside trap/header

Soldado is not making himself available for service, I saw him static between two defenders waiting for a pass. He needs to be busier and make defenders work for it. His movement to find space is terrible.

Right now I would want Parker back instead of Paulinho, he has ability but he is very lazy in defence and takes way too much time on the ball.

We must go with using only 1 DM next time and Holtby deep, we need a link man to connect defence to attack.

Lloris - 3.5. Annus horribilis for him, it looks like. Poor guy. Considering his exceptional displays last year, I find it hard to blame him, but....two of the goals were down to him in the end.

Walker - 5.5. Best of a bad bunch, reasonably solid and actually gave a crap.
Dawson - 2.5. Perhaps the worst display I have ever seen from him. Sad for our own lion-hearted captain, but this game exposed his many, many limitations.
Kaboul - 2.5. Just as bad as Dawson, unfortunately. Lost his man time and time again, and his inability to anticipate simple cut-backs inches from him cost us two goals. Looks slower as well.
Verts - 5. Looks moody and frustrated ,and it showed with some reckless play.

Lennon - 5. Great dribbling let down by horrid crossing and decision-making. Par for the course with Azza, it seems. Sigh.
Sandro - 5.5. Looked out of sorts, and despite battling to the end, was ulitmately slightly below-par today.
Paulinho - 3.5. Made a couple of good passes to the flanks, but was anonymous for the rest of the game, getting overpowered in midfield and out-thought in attack.
Holtby - 3. Ineffectual at best, anonymous at worst. Calm the f*ck down and pass, please.
Lamela - 5.5. Best of a bad bunch, attacking-wise. Great dribbling ability, and made some good through passes that no one else in our side seems capable of making.

Soldado - N/A. I really won't judge him given how isolated he is. He doesn't deserve to be judged when he doesn't get a single pass into space for him to run onto the entire f*cking game.

Subs -

Ade - 4.5. Shot on target from inside the box, which is more than almost anyone else in our team could conjure up in attack.
Siggy - 4. Anonymous, made a few wrong decisions.
Dembele - 6.5. Was our best player for the last third of the game, constantly dribbling past City players and looking to have a go, to conjure something up. MOTM.

AVB - 0.25. The worst score I have ever given, and thoroughly f*cking deserved. He only gets that 0.25 for showing up to the match on time instead of getting stuck in his hotel room endlessly zipping and unzipping his jacket while muttering 'possession is key'. Sort this **** out, or the rest of the season will be a showcase of just why your failings will prevent you ever getting a job in England again. You're still our great white hope. But just barely. By a f*cking sliver. And don't **** that up any more than you already have.

Lloris - 3

Walker - 6
Kaboul - 3
Dawson - 3
Vertonghen - 5

Lennon - 5
Sandro - 7
Paulinho - 3
Lamela 4

Holtby - 3
Soldado - 4

subs

Ade - 5
Dembele - 6.5

Soldado is not making himself available for service, I saw him static between two defenders waiting for a pass. He needs to be busier and make defenders work for it. His movement to find space is terrible.

Right now I would want Parker back instead of Paulinho, he has ability but he is very lazy in defence and takes way too much time on the ball.

We must go with using only 1 DM next time and Holtby deep, we need a link man to connect defence to attack.

I saw him making several runs without receiving the ball, not having wide players or midfielders who can whip in an early cross isn't Soldado's fault. Not saying he was brilliant, but there wasn't much help from the others.

Although I'm tempted to give the players poor marks, they look so out of sorts - like a team that has been worn down playing soulless football week in week out (following manager's instructions?), I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and just give the manager a poor mark.

AVB - 2 - Players don't look very happy on the pitch. Results aren't that great. System not working. You know what happens next.

Lloris 4
Walker 6
Dawson 4
Kaboul 5
Vertonghen 5
Lamela 4
Sandro 6
Paulinho 3
Lennon 5
Holtby 3
Soldado 5

Adebayor 6
Dembele 6
Sigurðsson 5

LLoris - 4 - What was that? Not good.

Walker 6 Did well

Dawson 3 I have had enough talking about him, have done so for the last five years. You all know what I think.

Kaboul 4 Looks like a player who hasnt really played for nearly two years now... What was expected?

Vertonghen 5 Will leave the club if this mess carries on. His head is down. Playing with Dawson is not easy for a player of his quality..

Sandro 6 Battled

Paulinho 4 Not good at all

Holtby 3 Been saying over and over again that he isnt good enough... Invisible

Lamela 5 Tried

Lennon 5 Probably his best game for a year which says it all. End product will never come.

Soldado 3 Oh dear

Although I'm tempted to give the players poor marks, they look so out of sorts - like a team that has been worn down playing soulless football week in week out (following manager's instructions?), I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and just give the manager a poor mark.

AVB - 2 - Players don't look very happy on the pitch. Results aren't that great. System not working. You know what happens next.

Exactly. Today was the first time under AVB that the players looked as though they didnt believe in what we're trying to do / how we're trying to play. From that point, a manager cant recover.

we have enough decent players - just need a manager to sort them out

Lloris : 4 set the tone for the afternoon
Walker : 7
Dawson : 4 got run ragged
Kaboul : 1 gets a mark for turning up ****ing awful, gave Daws no help whatsoever.
Verts : 7 our best attacking player
Lamela : 3
Paulie : 5 started brightly faded badly.
Sandro : 7
Lennon : 5 same as Paulie
Holtby : 5 busy but that's all.
Soldado : 2

Not sure why Vertonghen gets a higher mark than Daws or Kaboul. Was pretty terrible today as well. And that last mistake was appalling

Not sure why Vertonghen gets a higher mark than Daws or Kaboul. Was pretty terrible today as well. And that last mistake was appalling

His head never dropped and for a guy lacking in pace I think he creates a lot going forward, really disappointed about today, we should have shown some bottle and gone 4-4-2 from the start although Lloris kick down the centre of the pitch in the first 10 secs was unforgivable, big test next game for AVB he was hurting at the end of this game, it looks like we have dropped a big one with our spending, none have hit the ground running. every keeper I have ever watched clears the ball to the touch line on the half way line just can't understand such poor errors, it's Like Kaboul ****e positioning, heading the ball up in the air and also the number of times he let it bounce, this is not about systems it's about poor players.

Lloris - 3.5. Annus horribilis for him, it looks like. Poor guy. Considering his exceptional displays last year, I find it hard to blame him, but....two of the goals were down to him in the end.

Walker - 5.5. Best of a bad bunch, reasonably solid and actually gave a crap.
Dawson - 2.5. Perhaps the worst display I have ever seen from him. Sad for our own lion-hearted captain, but this game exposed his many, many limitations.
Kaboul - 2.5. Just as bad as Dawson, unfortunately. Lost his man time and time again, and his inability to anticipate simple cut-backs inches from him cost us two goals. Looks slower as well.
Verts - 5. Looks moody and frustrated ,and it showed with some reckless play.

Lennon - 5. Great dribbling let down by horrid crossing and decision-making. Par for the course with Azza, it seems. Sigh.
Sandro - 5.5. Looked out of sorts, and despite battling to the end, was ulitmately slightly below-par today.
Paulinho - 3.5. Made a couple of good passes to the flanks, but was anonymous for the rest of the game, getting overpowered in midfield and out-thought in attack.
Holtby - 3. Ineffectual at best, anonymous at worst. Calm the f*ck down and pass, please.
Lamela - 5.5. Best of a bad bunch, attacking-wise. Great dribbling ability, and made some good through passes that no one else in our side seems capable of making.

Soldado - N/A. I really won't judge him given how isolated he is. He doesn't deserve to be judged when he doesn't get a single pass into space for him to run onto the entire f*cking game.

Subs -

Ade - 4.5. Shot on target from inside the box, which is more than almost anyone else in our team could conjure up in attack.
Siggy - 4. Anonymous, made a few wrong decisions.
Dembele - 6.5. Was our best player for the last third of the game, constantly dribbling past City players and looking to have a go, to conjure something up. MOTM.

AVB - 0.25. The worst score I have ever given, and thoroughly f*cking deserved. He only gets that 0.25 for showing up to the match on time instead of getting stuck in his hotel room endlessly zipping and unzipping his jacket while muttering 'possession is key'. Sort this **** out, or the rest of the season will be a showcase of just why your failings will prevent you ever getting a job in England again. You're still our great white hope. But just barely. By a f*cking sliver. And don't **** that up any more than you already have.

Agree with these marks and the comments - except

Sandro 6.5. Tried his heart out. Sadly let down and exposed by his team mates. Made one brilliant goal denying tackle on Nasri. Unlucky to have been booked and this limited his effectiveness thereafter as he had to be more cautious. Dembele's 20 minute cameo pipped him for MOTM - just.

Lost the game in the first 14 seconds. Unforgivable by Lloris. Second goal, another poor kick the route of Emirates Marketing Project's goal..

If you give away two soft goals away to a team like city you can't expect to do anything. City were released of pressure in the second half due to the lead that we had given them. **** poor from Lloris today.

Lloris - 4. Not a good game from Hugo really. Two or three good saves; equal amount of errors. Still world class and he'll bounce back.

Walker - 6. The best of a bad back line bunch - overall a solid game from Walker IMO. Didn't get caught out that much... passing was surprisingly pretty ok... HE EVEN PUT A GOOD CROSS IN.
Dawson - 3. Oh dear... I love the guy, but Daws looked all over the shop in this game - made bad decisions, positioning at times was horrendous, lost men, played offside lines when he shouldn't, rushed out of defensive lines to critically damaging extent (for Aguero's second), was beaten in the air by Negredo all game long... it was a catalogue of errors.
Kaboul - 3.5. Pretty much as bad as Daws but I cut him some 0.5 slack, as he's CLEARLY still coming back to fitness, not sure this was the game for him to be thrown in against the calibre of Sh!tty's front line.
Vertonghen - 4. Bad game. Bad attitude at times. Terrible error for their last goal. Gets a 4 as I thought he, at limited times, did ok going forward.

Sandro - 6. Not Sandro's best game, but I thought he did pretty well in the circumstances. The guy was pretty much our only midfielder who was NOT shirking things. He was fighting fires all over the sodding pitch, swarmed by Emirates Marketing Project midfielders. Got booked and performance level understandably dipped - he was disciplined after that point though, IMHO.
Paulinho - 3. Oh dear...NOTHING came off for Paulinho in this game. He looked like he was hiding. He lost or bottled challenges... jogged after runners... passing was laboured, took about 5 touches whenever he got the ball... shooting was way off the mark. Essentially a lot of the time he seems to be the man who is running our possession game - which is crazy, as it's not his game IMO, he's an off the ball engine and runner a bit like Ramires.
Holtby - 3. Another shocker. Definitely hiding as well as Paulinho. Barely knew hew as playing TBH. Unfortunately in this system it is ALL on him to create and he didn't do that...at all today.

Lennon - 5.5.. Personally thought he was one of our only players to show any intelligence through the game. Actually tried to attack his man. Couple of really good bursts and couple of bits of delicious touches and skill. Our team basically never got the ball to him as much as they should have though.
Soldado - 4.5.. Didn't do all that much wrong, didn't do all that much right.. starved of service, largely a peripheral figure for most of it.
Lamela - 5.5.. Hit and miss for Erik but you know what? A bit like Lennon, I didn't see him hiding. When he got the ball he tried to make **** happen. Some nice touches and nice passes... also gave it away, and it didn't work... but at least he wasn't hiding.

subs:

Ade - 4.5. Not really the time to go 4-4-2, not his fault, I felt a bit sorry for him as not really the right time to come back into the fold.. don't agree with AVB's call here. Couple of bits of effort and a shot or two - otherwise not much.
Dembele - 6. Came on and made an impact - sick dribble to set up Ade. Sandro and the Mous to start against Man u please
Siggby - 5. Couple of flashes here and there

Lloris, Dawson, Kaboul, Holtby & Paulinho - 4
Soldado, Lennon, Lamela, Walker, Sigurdsson & Adebayor - 5
Vertonghen, Dembele & Sandro - 6

AVB - 4 at some stages during this afternoons game, we were playing a weird 2-7-1 formation?

Fans - 8 and yes, I was one of those who sang my heart out in the second half.

What was telling was the total lack of respect from the majority of the team at the end, only Dawson and Lennon made any effort to applaud the fans.

Lloris 3
Walker 6
Dawson 4
Kaboul 3
Vertonghen 5
Lamela 5
Sandro 6
Paulinho 3
Lennon 5
Holtby 3
Soldado 3

Adebayor 5