• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Quitting Cigarettes

Trying to quit smoking again - been a strange sensation this week today is the sixth day. I say strange because ive had no cravings, ive wanted to smoke on about four occasions but not had that serious needing to smoke. Been easy actually.

But **** me im ill, my nose is buggered, relative chest pains flu like symptoms urgh

Trying to quit smoking again - been a strange sensation this week today is the sixth day. I say strange because ive had no cravings, ive wanted to smoke on about four occasions but not had that serious needing to smoke. Been easy actually.

But **** me im ill, my nose is buggered, relative chest pains flu like symptoms urgh

Well done. The first two weeks are the hardest, once you are through those it gets a lot easier. Just concentrate on the positive reasons for giving up and why you want to do it.

Well done. The first two weeks are the hardest, once you are through those it gets a lot easier. Just concentrate on the positive reasons for giving up and why you want to do it.

Its def been easier than the first time I tried to quit. Not thought about cigs so much this time although there are times where im about to go light up then realise I have quit and have no cigs (purely out of habit)... one day at a time and all that

Thanks Gale

I put on quite a lot of weight when I quit. But at least the exercise I have had to do to shake it off was that much easier.

I gave up about a year ago - not smoking is still really ****.

Do you feel healthier? I feel much more unhealthier than when I smoked even though been a week. My chest feels tighter and got a cold and flu non stop all week. Been sneezing all week but the cold could be a coincidence with this time of year etc.

Do you feel healthier? I feel much more unhealthier than when I smoked even though been a week. My chest feels tighter and got a cold and flu non stop all week. Been sneezing all week but the cold could be a coincidence with this time of year etc.

I feel grumpier. There's a hump to get past - it's a major change for your body and you'll get more I'll than you have in years for 6 or 7 weeks.

I don't feel any fitter but I do get fewer colds, etc.

Smoking like a goodun currently. Having stopped for years on two occasions I am relaxed about the health issues. I have recently been confronted with the ghastly reality of the body outliving the brain, with all of the horror it entails, I have no intention of ending up as an abandoned shell, at a cost of £1k+ plus per week.

I feel grumpier. There's a hump to get past - it's a major change for your body and you'll get more I'll than you have in years for 6 or 7 weeks.

I don't feel any fitter but I do get fewer colds, etc.

I havent felt grumpy which is good but im sure that will come when I go out etc. Ive made a conscious decision to stay indoors (not go out to a bar etc) for a month i.e. no alcohol etc. Im hoping this cold gets rid asap as its highly irritating.

Smoking like a goodun currently. Having stopped for years on two occasions I am relaxed about the health issues. I have recently been confronted with the ghastly reality of the body outliving the brain, with all of the horror it entails, I have no intention of ending up as an abandoned shell, at a cost of £1k+ plus per week.

Interesting angle mate. Population stoichiometry versus genetic stoichiometry. You feeling lucky punk?
Just stop smoking, it stinks, you'll save a fortune and can always opt in for euthanasia when you cannot complete the times cryptic crossword in ten minutes.

I gave up six years ago. I found it quite easy and feel loads better for it. I had tried and failed to give up a couple of times before, the difference this time was that I realised that I could never have a social *** because I would be back on 20 a day in no time. When I had cravings I just kept reminding myself that it was ridiculously expensive and really bad for me.

Interesting angle mate. Population stoichiometry versus genetic stoichiometry. You feeling lucky punk?
Just stop smoking, it stinks, you'll save a fortune and can always opt in for euthanasia when you cannot complete the times cryptic crossword in ten minutes.

Hahahaha! Appreciate the advice but I will not end my days in a "care home". Anyone who has visited a parent in one of these places will understand exactly what I'm saying.

When your Mum or Dad contracts Alzheimer's or dementia you get to see them die twice. Firstly, the person you loved and knew disappears. Then, their physical body expires. You experience grief, huge amounts of guilt, more grief then more guilt.

It sucks, it really does.

Hahahaha! Appreciate the advice but I will not end my days in a "care home". Anyone who has visited a parent in one of these places will understand exactly what I'm saying.

When your Mum or Dad contracts Alzheimer's or dementia you get to see them die twice. Firstly, the person you loved and knew disappears. Then, their physical body expires. You experience grief, huge amounts of guilt, more grief then more guilt.

It sucks, it really does.

That must be awful but smoking hardly assures an early, suffering free death

Back