• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

poking Putin to find out where he snaps isn’t something a sane politician should do.

escalating war - by proxy - is highly questionable too. Just as it was in Libya and Syria and directly in Afghanistan and Iraq. We invaded or fuelled conflict and all we achieved were monumental deaths and displaced people.

460,000 killed in Iraq as a consequence of the war apparently

360,000 killed in Syrian war

approximately 250,000 killed in Afghan wars this century
So.... Helping Ukrainians defend themselves is going to increase casualties?

You'll have to explain what kind of logic you've used to reach that conclusion as it's not any I recognise.

So.... Helping Ukrainians defend themselves is going to increase casualties?

You'll have to explain what kind of logic you've used to reach that conclusion as it's not any I recognise.

Sorry, it’s too obvious to explain. If you can’t fathom it, there’s not much I can do.

this is worrying, from the guardian

Systems of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) that were monitoring nuclear material at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in Ukraine have stopped transmitting data, said the agency today, reported Reuters.

Do you think Putin will lose the war and just walk away? Or would he more likely use Russia's considerable armory in desperation? Which could lead to escalating war and greater involvement from NATO. I am always amazed at how people from afar are quick and happy to commit other people's lives to pointless exercises. Would they be saying the same things if they or their families were fighting?
Russia’s ‘considerable’ armory is feeble compared to the might of NATO. Interesting that is is Ukraine (who stand to lose/gain the most) who are calling for NATO involvement. All Russia really have is their Nuclear threat, without that they would’ve been crushed already.

Please step me through it.

Ukrainians have less effective weapons therefore......

Guns kill people. Is it any surprise that more guns in the US means more people are shot than in the UK? De-escalation saves lives. More weapons equals more deaths. Look at Syria.

Russia’s ‘considerable’ armory is feeble compared to the might of NATO. Interesting that is is Ukraine (who stand to lose/gain the most) who are calling for NATO involvement. All Russia really have is their Nuclear threat, without that they would’ve been crushed already.

So you’d just blast it out with them, and see who’s left standing? Okay then.

Guns kill people. Is it any surprise that more guns in the US means more people are shot than in the UK? De-escalation saves lives. More weapons equals more deaths. Look at Syria.
So if Ukrainians stop shooting the Russians will just pack up and go home?

So if Ukrainians stop shooting the Russians will just pack up and go home?

Did you see how many people were killed in Syria? How many kids lives were tragically ended. How many people lost homes, and became refugees. Remind me, what purpose or outcome did the war archive? What good came from arming and escalating the war? At the very least, we have to learn from these peoples unconscionable and tragic deaths.

Last edited:
Did you see how many people were killed in Syria? How many kids lives were tragically ended. How many people lost homes, and became refugees. Remind me, what purpose or outcome did the war archive? What good came from arming and escalating the war? At the very least, we have to learn from these peoples unconscionable and tragic deaths.
You didn't answer the question.

If Ukranians are restricted to less effective weapons, would the Russians leaves them alone and retreat?

Back