• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pundits keep talking about ticket prices coming down with the new TV money

thats because (most) pundits are idiots, ticket prices will only fall when demand decreases

When we get a new stadium, I think we'll have lower ticket prices for lower end games. Or we'll end up with a lot of empty seats.

Big games, I suspect we'll sell those out at full price (or near enough).

Unlikely, most clubs will just spend more on players/wages

Smart ones will use the money and invest in infrastructure, might actually be a good time for us re stadium (as financial calculations would have been done using old income numbers)

A squad-level salary cap will be the only way to stop all this ending up in players and agents' pockets.

Sky and BT subscription is just becoming an even bigger tax on stupidity. It's an arms race that only hurts everyday fans

Would you voluntarily pay an extra 25% income tax if it was labelled 'Adebayor's salary contribution'? That's what Sky/BT subscribers are doing

Could have gone to west brom to see swansea play tonight,£15 for away fans,and guess what sold out in the Swansea end.

Mid table clash in February,if the price is right fans will come out.

A squad-level salary cap will be the only way to stop all this ending up in players and agents' pockets.

Sky and BT subscription is just becoming an even bigger tax on stupidity. It's an arms race that only hurts everyday fans

Would you voluntarily pay an extra 25% income tax if it was labelled 'Adebayor's salary contribution'? That's what Sky/BT subscribers are doing

You are absolutely right. UEFA needs to introduce a squad salary cap and restrictions on the number of senior registrations that a club can hold.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Richard 'dingdong' Scudamore was asked at the 5.5 billion pound TV deal reveal today about the possibility of PL clubs maybe setting a positive example for once by paying a living wage to the employees they have who aren't superstar footballers on hundreds of thousands a week, but ordinary men and women struggling to make ends meet.

His response? more or less 'it isn't the PL's responsibility to do that, so the clubs won't do it. Ask the government to up the minimum wage if you want the clubs I represent to pay their plebs any more than they're currently legally forced to pay them.'

It is likely that the same thinking applies to ticket prices, so good luck.

Once again, well done Chelsea: they may be c*nts in every other sense, but on this issue, they're far, far more moral than Tottenham Hotspur plc. and the other 18 clubs in the league.

I'd love to see reductions for home fans but the greed is too much. I'd fight for cheaper away tickets though, afterall sometimes travel can cost double the price of the ticket.

They're small time. Parma have 144, give or take a few.

Holy brick, I just checked wiki and you ain't wrong! No wonder they can't pay players wages and keep selling the club for 1 euro
how and why have they got a million players out on loan!?

What we will have is a ticket price that accurately reflects the demand for tickets, just like we do now.

Maybe I'm an idealist, but I would like to see ticket prices in England reflect the Bundesliga. Bayern Munich openly said they could charge whatever they want, but they don't want to rip off the fans. Different way of thinking to our clubs.

Maybe I'm an idealist, but I would like to see ticket prices in England reflect the Bundesliga. Bayern Munich openly said they could charge whatever they want, but they don't want to rip off the fans. Different way of thinking to our clubs.
I want Spurs to have money to spend on players that are enjoyable to watch. They can charge whatever the hell they want AFAIC.

I want Spurs to have money to spend on players that are enjoyable to watch. They can charge whatever the hell they want AFAIC.

So you want football to be watched by a relative wealthy group of fans and fudge the rest. Great business plan for the future that.

So you want football to be watched by a relative wealthy group of fans and fudge the rest. Great business plan for the future that.
I simply want our club to be the best team it can be. If that means me getting priced out then so be it.

There's lots of stuff I want that I can't have - I'd like a penthouse in Mayfair, a huge yacht and a new supercar every day. It'll be at least a decade or two before that happens (if ever) so I just have to live with it. Some things are expensive - usually the better they are, the more expensive they are.

Rather than insist that McLaren drop their prices (and therefore build inferior products) I simply work harder to earn more and ensure that at some point I can afford the things I want.

Last edited:
Back