• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Priorities

I genuinely find it sad that the FA Cup is now an also ran.

Not knocking anyone's priorities in this thread, I'm knocking the FA for allowing the FA Cup to cease to be important.

The big European clubs and UEFA have the most to blame for putting their interests first

Unfortunately though that is the way football is becoming - we can be all nostalgic but at the end of the day thats not gonna give us 30m, its not going to attract the top quality players and ultimately its not gonna help us in the long run.

I would love to win the Uefa Cup or the FA Cup but ultimately theyre not going to help us with our long term success in terms of on the pitch success and off the pitch finance (with our strategy of building the stadium and for the future).

I don't think that 30m you speak of would give us the same joy as seeing us winning the FA cup. The game is about glory. He didn't say the game is about looking good from a financial point of view.

Of course I'd like to see us playing in the champions league but a trophy would mean so much more to me, don't think that's being nostalgic in any shape or form. Is it better to be fourth best at something or to actually be the best at something?

I don't think that 30m you speak of would give us the same joy as seeing us winning the FA cup. The game is about glory. He didn't say the game is about looking good from a financial point of view.

Of course I'd like to see us playing in the champions league but a trophy would mean so much more to me, don't think that's being nostalgic in any shape or form. Is it better to be fourth best at something or to actually be the best at something?

Ah I wasnt talking about 30m giving us joy - I was talking about what was best for the club.

I love a day out at Wembley and I get so jealous on FA Cup day when they do the whole media furore and there is me at home envying the two teams and wishing it was us. I would love to play in the EL final too.

However

I would also love to see spurs v barca or spurs v bayern etc that gives me total joy. The 30m was one aspect but the CL as a whole would help to bring more success through better squad and better facilities.

The way I view it unfortunately is that finishing in the top four IS a trophy (just an intangible one). I see it that way not because I want to but because football IS that way.

You say the best at something BUT the league is being the best at something. Top four isnt just fourth but going for the title hence the priority being the league. The FA Cup is just being the best at what exactly? cup competition? knock our competition?

This

Anybody that puts EL before FA is a fudging cretin

To me, the 2 are so insignificant compared to a champions league place. The fact that you highlight the respective importance of the other 2, suggests that you are an even bigger cretin, you fudging extra large cretin.(Fact, not opinion)

No it's not just because you think differently. I will overlook the second part.

The second part wasn't my comment I was just agreeing.

As for the first part putting the FA Cup second to the Europa league says a lot about you as a fan of THFC. It's not opinion - it's wrong.

This

Anybody that puts EL before FA is a fudging cretin
Why exactly? If we win the Europa League then it will prove we are a very, very good team. We have to get through Lyon this round and potentially Inter in the next. Then after that we still have three more teams to face!

I'm not doubting that The FA Cup is a great competition, but the Europa League would be special as it proves we're one of the best in Europe.

The second part wasn't my comment I was just agreeing.

As for the first part putting the FA Cup second to the Europa league says a lot about you as a fan of THFC. It's not opinion - it's wrong.

:ross:

We never cared for the European competitions. Oh wait.

How old are you? If you don't value the FA Cup as much as the EL I'd say not very old.

Our history in the FA Cup means more to me than a watered down competition.

How old are you? If you don't value the FA Cup as much as the EL I'd say not very old.

Our history in the FA Cup means more to me than a watered down competition.

Thing is fella, the importance of the FA cup has been watered down by those who take part and field weakened teams. It's not what it was.

Your right. Not by traditional football fans like me though the FA Cup is number one when it comes to cups.

Your right. Not by traditional football fans like me though the FA Cup is number one when it comes to cups.

would a traditional football fan, such as yourself - also prefer to win the FA Cup over qualifying for the CL ?

I'm a traditional fan, I go to games (except today), I'm the wrong side of 40, and I too, love the FA cup. But it's nowhere near the same as it once was. I'd love to get all mills & boon about it too, but it depends on what recognition you want, and by whom. If it's self satisfaction, or to wear your Tottenham PJ's with pride, great.

Not by traditional football fans like me though the FA Cup is number one when it comes to cups.

I was going to write a long essay about the league, the cup and priorities. Then I realised perhaps it's me who's not moved with the times, ultimately money is above trophies. But what gets my goat is when some FA bod asks why the FA Cup is lacking the lustre it used to, I can give them the answer but it involves a healthy dose of reality, a ripped out throat and an anally inserted cricket bat (how British?) for having to ask the fudging obvious in the first place. If you had any comprehension of football in the first place you wouldn't have to ask the question.

Can I just throw this in please? Rick Parry, you are a c@nt. You brought in this anti supporter-pro money world we live in today. You are the architect of the FA Cup's demise along with everybody in football who cares more about money than fans. Nothing more than an asset stripper.

Last edited:
would a traditional football fan, such as yourself - also prefer to win the FA Cup over qualifying for the CL ?

Completely different argument. The FA Cup will always be the number one priority in terms of cups. To answer your question if it was for my own personal satisfaction I'd take the FA Cup. However, I realise that the money from CL is too important nowadays which is testimony to the sad state of affairs our game finds itself in I'm afraid.

Back