• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Priorities

Tottenham's priority should always be to win the next match we play, no matter which competition it's in.

If we do that, we won't go far wrong.

I couldn't think of anything better, I would have so much fun seeing us win the league and being Champions of Europe.

What I don't find fun is winning one League Cup in 12 years under ENIC, and being overtaken by teams like City and Chelsea who used to be inferior to us.

Did you really find it fun seeing us lose 5-2 to Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final, or seeing them steal our CL place by beating Bayern? I missed the funny side of it I can tell you that.:)

I'm proud that we've done things the way we have, much as it pains me to say it as I'm sure arsenal fans are, rather than being a city or Chelsea fan. Maybe you'd like to support one of them I don't know but I think you'll find a high percentage of our fans feel the same way I do.

Yes, obviously you were the only one who thinks that the Chelsea Wembley win was fantastic. That is clearly the point people are trying to make...[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you are being serious or not but if you are then I am gobsmacked.

I could have answered the same to your question.

Obviously I'm not fudging serious! If you can't understand that every Spurs fan in the world thought it was great to beat Chelsea at Wembley and win a trophy without asking then you need to get your head examined.

We're having a discussion between two obviously good outcomes, getting a top 4 finish and winning a cup. Both are obviously enjoyable. Both are obviously desirable outcomes. But for some reason you have to then ask if thinking that the club should prioritize a top 4 finish in the league over the cup that means that we didn't enjoy the cup win.

Tottenham's priority should always be to win the next match we play, no matter which competition it's in.

What if Spurs are in the top 4 by at least 3 points, but cannot catch the 3rd place team

We are playing a club in a relegation battle which includes Arsenal

If our opponents beat us, then it's mathematically impossible for Arsenal to stay up

If we beat our opponents, then Arsenal stay up, even if they lose their game

What then statto?

?

I agree with the sentiment, but disagree in fact.

If we only ever tried to win the next match then we would never rest players, always play our best eleven and have various issues.

The priority should be to win every competition we are in.

Which may sound similar, but has subtle differences.

If we only ever tried to win the next match then we would never rest players, always play our best eleven and have various issues.

Not sure i agree with that, it depends on who we are playing what team we name ( take Coventry for example).

My "philosophy" is to always pick a team good enough to win, but I would hardly ever go with the best XI. If you have a lot of fixtures in a short space of time my priorities would be with the league.

This is not to be confused with Top 4 vs Trophy.

Not sure i agree with that, it depends on who we are playing what team we name ( take Coventry for example).

Yeah, they may be weaker but second string teams are far more likely to mess up than first string.

If you want to try your hardest to win every game, than you would play your first eleven every game.

Yeah, they may be weaker but second string teams are far more likely to mess up than first string.

If you want to try your hardest to win every game, than you would play your first eleven every game.

Well as you have pointed out that will not work, you put the team out to win the game and it does not have to be your strongest against all teams.

Well as you have pointed out that will not work, you put the team out to win the game and it does not have to be your strongest against all teams.

Exactly.. though i feel i'm just circling back to the post i previously made..

It makes more sense in my head.

Just trying to win the next game is too short term if you are trying to compete in all competitions imo.

Exactly.. though i feel i'm just circling back to the post i previously made..

It makes more sense in my head.

Just trying to win the next game is too short term if you are trying to compete in all competitions imo.

Well we will have to agree to disagree over that then. ;)

Well we will have to agree to disagree over that then. ;)

If it was just cup competitions i could get behind it, but with leagues i just can't. The league is not about looking at the next game, it is about looking at all 38 games or however many are left.

Edit: Well probably not looking at the next 38, but likely looking at the next 4-5.

For instance. Bale has been injured for 3 months and has just returned to fitness. We are about to play Emirates Marketing Project. Do you play Bale in the knowledge that he may either win you the match or break down again for a period of time, or do you play Dempsey/Sig?

I'd always go with Dempsey/Sig just because 3 points in the greater scheme is still only 3 points.

Therefore i would not just be looking at the current game.

Last edited:
I'm proud that we've done things the way we have, much as it pains me to say it as I'm sure arsenal fans are, rather than being a city or Chelsea fan. Maybe you'd like to support one of them I don't know but I think you'll find a high percentage of our fans feel the same way I do.

Yep, that's what I'm going to do after supporting Spurs for over 50 years, I'm going to become a Chelsea supporter. Unless of course City finish above them this year, then I'll switch to them. I don't know why I didn't think of it before :)

Well in that case your the first 50+ fan I've met who wants sugar daddy money. It seems to be the new kids on the block who want it but each to their own.

Back