• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Priorities

milo

Jack L. Jones
In what order should we prioritise the remaining three competitions that we are in? Let's have no "every game is a priority" rubbish either, stick you neck out.

For me:

1. Premier League
2. UEFA Cup (ok Europa League)
3. FA Cup

Yeah League for me.

I wanna finish in the CL places over winning any trophy. I know some on here will say but trophy trophy trophy but this isnt the 60's anymore this is the new age - money and a season full of great games against the top sides in the world is where I wanna be and what I wanna see.

Yeah League for me.

I wanna finish in the CL places over winning any trophy. I know some on here will say but trophy trophy trophy but this isnt the 60's anymore this is the new age - money and a season full of great games against the top sides in the world is where I wanna be and what I wanna see.

I agree

A cup final is a great occasion and a brilliant day out when we win, but CL football and all it brings matters more to me personally. Given a choice I'd take CL every time. In time we'll hopefully be strong enough to go all the way in a cup now and then.

Yeah League for me.

Not to mention the only way to retain our top players ie Bale is to be consistently in the CL...

Yeah League for me.

Agree 100%

1. League
2. FA Cup
3. Europa

1. League
2. League
3. League

Getting into the CL gets you money which gets you better players which gets you more success which gets you more money etc etc

Would obviously love to see us win the Europa or FA Cup but would rather finish 4th than finish 5th and win a trophy

1. League
2. League
3. League

Getting into the CL gets you money which gets you better players which gets you more success which gets you more money etc etc

Would obviously love to see us win the Europa or FA Cup but would rather finish 4th than finish 5th and win a trophy

I only gave a brief summary but in reality getting into the CL has vast and significant knock on effects - like you say more money means better players. CL, like others have said, will help retain the better players of our squad the likes of Bale, Lloris, Vert etc and ultimately more money will help in getting our stadium and CL will help fill it.

1. League
2. League
3. League

good evening Mr Wen*er

Very much surprised by the comments here.

Worrying that our main aspiration seems to be to become Arsenal. fudge that. Give me trophies everyday.

Whatever we end up winning, I will retrospectively claim was the most important thing all the time.

But in all seriousness, what Milo said.

The league is always your 'bread and butter', I'd like us to go after 3rd place and put pressure on the top two. But at the same time I really want us to attack the Europa League and show that we mean business. People say that you only keep your best players through getting through to the CL but Falcao is still at Atletico Madrid and they aren't playing Champions League football (nor were they when he signed). I think we have a squad strong enough to compete on all fronts.

I'd rather win the Europa League and get 5th than get 4th place on its own, no question. A European trophy only comes along every so often.

Worrying that our main aspiration seems to be to become Arsenal. fudge that. Give me trophies everyday.
This. Getting 4th place is all very well and good but you can't put that in your trophy cabinet. A question to those who want fourth over anything else.:

We've won two League Cup trophies in 21 years. Good enough?

Unfortunately though that is the way football is becoming - we can be all nostalgic but at the end of the day thats not gonna give us 30m, its not going to attract the top quality players and ultimately its not gonna help us in the long run.

I would love to win the Uefa Cup or the FA Cup but ultimately theyre not going to help us with our long term success in terms of on the pitch success and off the pitch finance (with our strategy of building the stadium and for the future).

Same as above. League always comes first, no matter what.

I genuinely find it sad that the FA Cup is now an also ran.

Not knocking anyone's priorities in this thread, I'm knocking the FA for allowing the FA Cup to cease to be important.

I also rate the EL much higher than the FA Cup in terms of status and what it would mean for non-British players.

Back