• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2022

Dier and Kane on form. Sanchez also staking a claim. Ultimately I think he's now excellent back up, not quite an automatic starter still.

We are in trouble. He will use this as proof that he can take them.

The one he scored against Villa 7 or 8 years ago justified him blasting free kicks into the wall 50 or 60 times subsequently so no doubt today’s one will ensure he’s on free kicks until he retires in 2030.

It’ll also be used to justify the “and Spurs have a free kick. This is Harry Kane territory” nonsense most commentators seem to spout for a few more years.

Wow. My takeaway was that Sanchez staked a claim to be sold asap!

I had a meeting in the middle of the game so didn't see it all. Also watched some of the training session a couple of days ago and he was looking good. I guess it's the same old with him - at times he looks a fantastic CB. But his consistency is not there for whatever reason. He is only 26, just coming into his prime as a CB. He needs the play every week, and if he did (say on loan), I think he would do well.

Last edited:
Why? Didn't do anything wrong as far as I could see. Thought his passing was good too.

To me there’s no doubt he has matured a little. But without consistent games he is going to find it hard to take that next step and become a consistent safe pair of hands. The issue with him has been lapses in concentration or confidence.

Why? Didn't do anything wrong as far as I could see. Thought his passing was good too.

He was outjumped for the first goal and conceded the free-kick for their third. Wouldn't have been surprised if the ref had awarded a pen against him as well.
And yet, he did sometimes bring the ball forward well and pick out passes and forward balls that weren't the easy option.

Back