• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2022

Bad luck that Bissouma has tested positive for covid (as has Forster) and is isolating. We could have done with him being in the thick of training from the outset.

He was outjumped for the first goal and conceded the free-kick for their third. Wouldn't have been surprised if the ref had awarded a pen against him as well.
And yet, he did sometimes bring the ball forward well and pick out passes and forward balls that weren't the easy option.
1st goal was just as much Dier's fault. Sanchez had one in front of him and one behind. Dier only had the one who scored to think about.

Bad luck that Bissouma has tested positive for covid (as has Forster) and is isolating. We could have done with him being in the thick of training from the outset.

It might also explain why some of the players were so shattered after their run. If some have no symptoms covid it would leave them short of energy.

It might also explain why some of the players were so shattered after their run. If some have no symptoms covid it would leave them short of energy.

They'd had 3 training sessions in 24 hours. That training session they'd already done over two hours training including a practice match before starting the run. In 30 degree temperature and massive humidity due to the mosoons.

They'd had 3 training sessions in 24 hours. That training session they'd already done over two hours training including a practice match before starting the run. In 30 degree temperature and massive humidity due to the mosoons.

Anyone sane would go out and lick some covid sufferers to get a few days in bed after that.

Just think how easy it will be coming back to England and playing in 5oC conditions in September, walk in the park i would imagine.

Why? Didn't do anything wrong as far as I could see. Thought his passing was good too.
Just getting away with a pen, trying to volley the guy who scored the header, giving away the free kick for the goal, I was working while watching so may have missed his positive contributions.

Full disclosure I've never rated him, I try not to put the boot into players or enter into long debates about players on here as it's much more fun in the pub, but I was responding to a comment that was the polar opposite to how I saw the game.

I actually thought he did ok in the run in, ditto Emerson who I think I've suggested isn't good enough for us too, but I also think most of our defence have improved under Conte - I just don't think Sanchez has the attributes to be reliable enough over any length of time.

He was outjumped for the first goal and conceded the free-kick for their third. Wouldn't have been surprised if the ref had awarded a pen against him as well.
And yet, he did sometimes bring the ball forward well and pick out passes and forward balls that weren't the easy option.

Sanchez has never been the best in the air. He also does appear to like a foul if he can’t otherwise win the ball. But he did well last season when called upon, so I’m ok with him as backup,

Thought Richarlison's movement was very, very promising. He can obviously play as a 9, something we have not had with his abilities for some time, and he critically passes fast and well. I think we are going to see him mature into an excellent signing for us. I was impressed.

Back