• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2022

According to some fans we will always look a little short no matter who we sign. Its what they do.
Yes for some . But I thought it was fairly constructive this evening. Roll on next week.

The league positions not decided pre season.

What we saw tonight was one team defending like a cup game, and the other playing the game in the system they are working in perfecting
And of course a woeful ref
No manage plays his cards in pre season and most just wanna get players fit and coaches which we now have
Beat to not over react and judge a bit more at the end of august

We also saw us score a goal that was given offside when it wasn’t, and witness one of the poorer non-penalty calls I’ve seen in some years. Agree with you.

Doherty seems to be the incumbent at RWB. Against Southampton, he'll get more space, and he did start this game well against Roma. But against sides that sit back, Doherty isn't dynamic. I'd opt for Moura or even Kulu in such games. With 3 CB we still lack some creativity. Peresic should help. He adds a goal threat, width, experience and should give Sessengon a benchmark.

With Bissoma missing a lot of training, must be the same midfield two next week. Bissouma and Bentancur is taltalising, but Hojberg holds his spot.

The one other question: Sanchez of Lenglet? Lenglet has done enough for me. More confident on the ball, and seems to love getting forward. Again with 3 CBs you need this. Conte may stick with Sanchez for Southampton as they will come onto us leaving space, so creativity is less of an issue than against Roma.

Yeah, I meant compiling the stats myself from the last ten years. Even that which is pretty straightforward I can’t be arsed to do.

What site? Transfermarkt etc... don't bother keeping records of how a preseason went as far as i know. It would be hugley tedious to work out.

If somebody is up for it crack on.

Someone was looking for this? That’s called “google” by the way
Also, why is it that hitting the woodwork counts as a shot off-target? In my view, that’s a case of the literal goal making a save. I guess a goal off the woodwork would count as on-target…

Attachments

• 92EC64BE-6C1F-4BED-8623-A1FBB842C6A9.jpeg
    92EC64BE-6C1F-4BED-8623-A1FBB842C6A9.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 12
There’s no threat from the RWB . Left side tho not a problem . Emerson . Doherty and Lucas are meh . He does not look like he wanted Spence.

Are you getting that from him not using Spence for this one game? Or by misinterpreting Conte's words?

Are you getting that from him not using Spence for this one game? Or by misinterpreting Conte's words?
There’s been some comments and not using a new signing for a position where we are short of quality . Surely you need to play him to see if he’s up to the task . I did say that in another post . No misinterpreting words .

I thought we started poorly and our passing was off but improved as game went on. The ref was awful but losing was possibly a good thing as it may stop over confidence and show we still have work to do.

Better wingbacks still won't beat 10 men in the penalty box.
Need some lock picking through the centre and strikes from outside the box.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Again though, Liverpool make it work. They effectively play with WBs, 3 forwards and no creative CMs. Same as us (just that we'll have 3CBs and 2 non-creative CMs, whereas they'll have 2 CBs and 2 uncreative CMs)

Back