• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2022

Thats partly my point. Its not really an attacking CM which is hte problem. Conte's system is massively built around the WBs. Needing an attacking CM in a Conte system is an admission that other positions are failing
We are not going after another RWB after Spence I’d imagine so he should be playing him. We need to see if he’s going to fit the bill. Would be a failure on our part if it’s a position we’ve left to be wanting in .

Yes that’s true. I agree in part. That was pretty mediocre tonight .

It's a bit of a circus. Fly out, going round schools etc... trying to build the fan base and get money. While trying to build fitness and give minutes to players. Trying new things. Next week it will all be focused on the southampton game. With a game plan and team in mind.

We need to see if he’s going to fit the bill. Would be a failure on our part if it’s a position we’ve left to be wanting in .

Agreed. Would be surprising if Conte would have allowed that. Sounds like he didnt want Spence, or at least he was someone the club wanted, but no noises so far about him wanting another RWB which suggests to me he's ok with current options

It's a bit of a circus. Fly out, going round schools etc... trying to build the fan base and get money. While trying to build fitness and give minutes to players. Trying new things. Next week it will all be focused on the southampton game. With a game plan and team in mind.
No doubt . Just was expecting a little more. Anyway onwards and upwards

No doubt . Just was expecting a little more. Anyway onwards and upwards

If we play that badly next week i'll have the hump. Just been through too many preseasons getting excited and depressed so now they're just fluff. Nice to see new players and that.

Was more disappointed with the nextgen game.

Liverpool do well enough without one. Need to get the threat from the wing backs to stretch teams wider and create space for your forwards

If there's no threat from WBs and no creativity in the middle, I agree with you though
Pool also throw on more attacking options
We still lack that back up genuine striker
But at least now we have a player who can a job there
We won’t see in preseason conte gambling in games to get a win, but we may well in the league

What we saw tonight was one team defending like a cup game, and the other playing the game in the system they are working in perfecting
And of course a woeful ref
No manage plays his cards in pre season and most just wanna get players fit and coaches which we now have
Beat to not over react and judge a bit more at the end of august

How do Liverpool do it?
They've had wing forwards who can dribble and provide creativity as well as a false 9 who is a great link man and provider for others. Add their fbs who have fantastic delivery and you have a specific system that suits the players they have.

We don't have the same type of players. We now have Kulu on the right who is of the dribblely creative Ilk but Son on the other side is much more of a goal scorer than a creator. Kane has great vision, but it's a different kind of link play to Firminho. Kane's works at its best against a stretched defense, he's not really a lock picker or through ball player. Firminho is kind of the opposite.

Conte's system can deffo work but it probably needs Bentancur to play as well as Peresic and someone like Spence to really break down a hunkered down tight defense.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Not bothered about pre season games/results.

One thing I’m slightly concerned about is what has already been mentioned on this thread today.

We haven’t added top class RWB which is a priority position in Conte’s system, and we haven’t added a plan b (AM/creator) if things aren’t going our way.

Back