• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2018

I’ve stated on other threads I’m worried about the early games.

First 7 games are:

5 away
Fulham at Wembley
Liverpool at NWHL

However the Liverpool game is game 5 and is still about 40 days away (post break) so it’s the first 4 games where we could be a bit short.

I obviously dont want us to have a dreadful start however if it happened, I wondered whether it might make Levy re-evaluate his 'leave it all til the final week / high risk' strategy

Crazy how majority of our players have had no preseason. I hope they had a week or two of doing nothing and then did some stuff at home.

Crazy how majority of our players have had no preseason. I hope they had a week or two of doing nothing and then did some stuff at home.

Most have been posting footage of them training on holiday

Some have taken PTs with them too

They were all set a programme for keep fit by the club

I’d be stunned if our players came back and we’re not 100% fit. Match fit is different but if we’re judging teams on pre season you need to have a look at Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s results compared to ours

I obviously dont want us to have a dreadful start however if it happened, I wondered whether it might make Levy re-evaluate his 'leave it all til the final week / high risk' strategy
I don’t think Levy would change anything, he doesn’t behave this way in the transfer window for a laugh. We have financial constraints in comparison to our rivals so have to deal this way to get some decent deals.....

With less than 5 days to go, it had better be a bloody big one!!!

I'm tempted to look back at posts from 2-3 weeks ago to see which posters on here were saying 'don't worry...its all in hand...world cup just finished....the transfers will come' and then see what they're saying now!

I haven't said don't worry, but it's not like we can go to a store and pick and choose .

Still not sure who the obvious players we need to be signing are, when people are saying this will light a fire under Levy. Because again, it also depends on outgoings, and if clubs aren’t making proper bids, or if clubs on the continent are waiting to squeeze us because they have longer in their window, there isn’t really much we can do.

Still maintain, we have a great first 11 and a lot of depth. The top tier of young prospects (Onomah, TOB, 2CV, Foyth) weren’t even playing today. If we go into the season still with Rose, Toby and Dembele, it’s hardly going to be the end of the world. People are talking like they’ve already left when the fact is, they are a big part of why we have depth.

I don’t think Levy would change anything, he doesn’t behave this way in the transfer window for a laugh. We have financial constraints in comparison to our rivals so have to deal this way to get some decent deals.....

Everyone has financial constraints. Those dont change during the course of the window.

However it feels indisputable that rather than sign somoene for say £30m early in the window, we try to leave it late with the hope that other buyers drop out and the seller is more desperate such that we can get the player for say £20m - £25m. And vice versa for sales.

That it a strategy, not a necessity, and its high risk

Strange how there was no mention of pre season friendlies being meaningless a few days ago....

I don’t think I’ve even bothered commenting on our other friendly games and I certainly haven’t watched any. I’ve seen seasons where we’ve beaten all comers pre-season and then been completely meh once it KOed proper, and vice versa.

As I said, they mean naff all.

Everyone has financial constraints. Those dont change during the course of the window.

However it feels indisputable that rather than sign somoene for say £30m early in the window, we try to leave it late with the hope that other buyers drop out and the seller is more desperate such that we can get the player for say £20m - £25m. And vice versa for sales.

That it a strategy, not a necessity, and its high risk
For the most part I think we have to leave it late because we have to wait and see what the big boys are going to do as we can’t compete with them financially and then only after that can we make our moves. Not convinced it’s left late just so that Levy can save a couple of £m....

I don’t think I’ve even bothered commenting on our other friendly games and I certainly haven’t watched any. I’ve seen seasons where we’ve beaten all comers pre-season and then been completely meh once it KOed proper, and vice versa.

As I said, they mean naff all.
I agree and the comment wasn’t aimed at you there’s a few that have said it. Point being a few days ago people were saying we have Amos and Skipp so no need to be in for say a Grealish and just go with them, as if a couple of decent performances in pre season means they’re anywhere near that level. Yet after a poor showing pre season is meaningless - just a bit of a contradiction....

Wash your mouth out, we have serious problems going into the season ( or so they say) there is a lot of mardarses about.
So you think all is well ? It’s not all doom and gloom but we have some problems. Not shifted dead wood from squad , not strengthened at all. Let alone a majority of our normal starting eleven having not even reported for pre season yet.

Can’t just dismiss people as being Madarses because they express concern at our situation.

So you think all is well ? It’s not all doom and gloom but we have some problems. Not shifted dead wood from squad , not strengthened at all. Let alone a majority of our normal starting eleven having not even reported for pre season yet.

No one on here or elsewhere in the forum game know if we have done well or not, we have just lost a game where we played mostly kids and for ANYONE to come to the conclusion we have problems after watching it should grow some balls ( imo).

No one on here or elsewhere in the forum game know if we have done well or not, we have just lost a game where we played mostly kids and for ANYONE to come to the conclusion we have problems after watching it should grow some balls ( imo).
It’s not the game this evening that has lead to the concern. It’s just it highlighted the fact that the young players are not ready for the step.And as a club we have not addressed the squad problems we have with 7 days till new season.

Back